Notices

Friday.... Saturday.... Sunday.... Sober! Sober! Sober!

Old 07-26-2013, 02:25 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

My husband drinks beer every single day..sometimes 6 or 12 or 18. It is hard to see and watch and stay strong. But, I have to live for me and let him make his own choices. The weekends are the hardest for me..he is home from work and I get that terrible feeling of dread. I plan on cooking and doing some fun hobbies that I enjoy and let him get plastered and be thankful it isn't my body that is polluted and will have the hangover and guilt. Thanks for all your post guys..it really helps me so much..Lovin SR!
Old 07-26-2013, 02:39 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Just watched a movie. I'll be up at seven tomorrow to drive 2 hrs to my sister's home.,we'll work on her allotment then go to her meeting and out for curry. On Sunday we'll watch movies together and walk and see her grand kids. It feels essential to me to spend some time with her. She is an ex alcoholic and addict who now works with people on a pathway to recovery through her church. She has worried about me all through my relapse and I want to show her I have regained the strength and direction of my previous sobriety. Good luck to everyone who finds it hard to face a sober weekend. My advice is plan something for the early mornings.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:44 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Originally Posted by Woohoo View Post
My husband drinks beer every single day..sometimes 6 or 12 or 18. It is hard to see and watch and stay strong. But, I have to live for me and let him make his own choices. The weekends are the hardest for me..he is home from work and I get that terrible feeling of dread. I plan on cooking and doing some fun hobbies that I enjoy and let him get plastered and be thankful it isn't my body that is polluted and will have the hangover and guilt. Thanks for all your post guys..it really helps me so much..Lovin SR!

You can do it girl you are doing great, read this thread for inspiration and feel free to post there too http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...loved-one.html
We can become and stay clean and sober and find contentment whether our loved ones are still drinking/using or not.

Anyway, I am in too of course for a sober week end. Not much planned, I will be working mostly and also going to my home group. Maybe I should text my friend who is also in recovery and ask her if she wants to go hiking sometimes tomorrow. Exercise is good for me.

Wishing everyone a wonderful sober week end.
Old 07-26-2013, 05:16 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

you don't have to do this alone... there's strength in numbers

Originally Posted by GwenCummings View Post
I want to show her I have regained the strength and direction of my previous sobriety.
Gwen : Paying it back , Awesome

I'm at home reading SR , my new addiction

I'm good for day 15

I got plans to go fishing tomorrow and then the grankids will be home from vacation. I'll see them tomorrow night

All is well with me . The feeling of beating back the beast is fantastic
Old 07-26-2013, 08:26 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi Weekenders, just made it up to Philly a couple of hours ago. Actually had a nice, long phone conversation with my mother which is a bit of progress. She's a drinker and while mostly supportive of my decision to become sober, it's still tough to talk to her when she gets a few in her. When I first stopped drinking I couldn't bear to be around/talk on the phone with people who were inebriated (I know, hello hypocrite!) because I would just get so...I don't know...angry? Annoyed? Jealous? Something.

It's getting easier now but I still don't trust myself with much more than phone calls. Even then, once the slurring and the repeats start, I can feel myself getting antsy.

Sigh. Hope this eventually goes away as most of my family are big drinkers and I hate the thought of never speaking to them again in the evenings on the phone.

I have so much respect for those of you getting and staying sober with active drinkers or users in your house. Your strength is admirable. I can't even handle the phone calls most times

Alright, enough of that. Thinking of some hot tea and bed.

Ice cream cake and crisps would be wonderful too but I polished off half a bag of Hershey's kisses today so I think I have had my carbohydrate quota for the week.

Might do with some smokey, freaky streaky tomorrow morning though (thinking of you, Mecanix )

See you all tomorrow, stay strong and stay here with us!!

(Ricky---16 is a comin'!!! So happy for you!!)
Old 07-26-2013, 11:57 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I want to drink. So bad. Weekends are my weakness. But I must remember my pattern. If I was capable of having one drink, and I'm done, that's one thing. I know I will have that one drink, which will turn into a whole bottle of wine & a drunken joy ride to get another bottle because it's never enough.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:48 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Good on you sobriety for going onto this thread; and others here will point you to many others, and become your friends.

PT: geez, I thought only Non was the bacon freak here? Are you One of Them too Mecanix? :-)
Old 07-27-2013, 12:53 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Sober Indeed!

Starting my weekend off with a bad case of insomnia and yet I am full of gratitude for another day without alcohol and the dreaded "H" word - the last 9 months have been so challenging / amazing / crazy / wonderful... Your posts leave me feeling reflective and grateful to have people like you in the SR community. You make sense, you are honest and you bring a very subtle but artistic view on this whole thing which I appreciate immensely. Also, I enjoyed reading all the great replies. Here we go guys! Another sober weekend - life is too short to dwell in so much darkness, lets make this a few days of happiness and looking ahead with positive minds. Hugs
Old 07-27-2013, 01:25 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey sobrietyftw,

Weasel1966 who started the thread this week used to have problems with the weekend , it's kinda how this weekend thread idea came about .

He used to get submerged most weekends but with every hangover he kinda mooved furthur up the beach , he stuck with working on sobriety tenaciously.
These days i'm glad to say only the odd spring tide or freak wave gets to him and i have hope that he will be high and dry forevermore this time
(hope you don't mind me using your experience weasel ) .

get all the help you need if not more and stick with it whatever happens , m
Old 07-27-2013, 01:36 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Bemyself ,
i occasionaly do bacon.. although i am slowly turning off the whole meat deal again, as when i wander round looking at everything living i start not wanting to be responcible for some other sentiences suffering .
I knew one day i'd quit drinking, i know one day i'll quit the meat .

Bestwishes, m
Old 07-27-2013, 04:40 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Not at all my good friend!

Absolultly... No pun intended... I used to do myself in every weekend. I have learned how to make other choices. It took a lot of work. Today for instance I am going to the avenue of the America's street fair in NYC. I used to go to the city and tell myself it was to walk. Then walk straight to the bars... Not one... But as many as I could. I even used to take a flask with me to supplement my drinking. Yes I was the one on the Washington park bench sh!tfaced. Sad case.

I am excited to go today. I love a good street fair sausage and pepper sandwich. Mmmm

--------

Calling nonsensical!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-27-2013, 05:36 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Weasel - you struck a chord with me. Fri/sat/sun are still my weakest days. I call it weekend weakness. All I know is I'm not drinking today.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:11 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

tang - people here can attest... every Monday I would come here and woe is me threads. Chaotic at best.

I remember one day... I had a big meeting at work that I was to speak in front of 30 people. WOW... I just looked at the date. It was July 27th. I remember because it was 727 like a plane. It was a friday but none the less I started that weekend early.

I was here a year ago crying. Drove to work still half drunk. Was outside my building on the phone with my therapist. yes... I have one of those... and on SR. I called in sick from the parking lot. I went home to a day of shame and self loathing.

Fast forward a year.... I am typing this before I get ready to go to a festival... sober... stubborn to give up this feeling.

Let’s all turn weakness weekends into fierce Fridays (my worst these days), spectacular Saturdays (can sleep late for the right reasons), satisfying Sundays ( when I can truly remember the weekend and ready myself for Monday)!!!!

K

Old 07-27-2013, 08:47 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Half way through, If I can just make it through the next 24 hours I'll make it to Monday.

Really struggling this weekend fighting the urge to drink
Old 07-27-2013, 09:01 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Originally Posted by Dorris View Post
I here, hanging on
Dorris : You can and will
Stay strong

Hello weekenders

Struggling with cravings on this rainy Saturday

The weather foiled my plans for today so I'm digging deep for extra strength

Day 16

I will do this

Old 07-27-2013, 09:06 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey Dorris stick with us,

Sober sunday mornings are really nice . Think how cool and fresh you will feel in the morning .
Drink only offerd me confusion , hangovers , bad breath , sweatyness and a big hole where my money used to be , poor relationship choices , falling over , dangerous situations like leaving the gas on , passing out on the sofa instead of sleeping comfortably in bed , sickness , depression , hopelesness .

Bestwishes, m
Old 07-27-2013, 09:17 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Originally Posted by Dorris View Post
Half way through, If I can just make it through the next 24 hours I'll make it to Monday.

Really struggling this weekend fighting the urge to drink
Hang in there girl, we are rooting for you. Schedule some "Dorris only" activities if you can like a manicure or a serenity walk in the country or in the park.
If it gets tough, PM me. I will be around most of the day (working from home) and we can get together in the chat room.

WE can do it
Old 07-27-2013, 12:26 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Ok... Back from the city.... Sandwich in the belly.... Feeling pretty darn good about now.

Stopped at a farmers market while I was the. Gt some really nice Kirby's to make some half sour pickles. They take a few days to ferment but I live them so much.

Dorris.... Take it an hour at a time if needed. Think small. You will do this. I have faith in you.

K
Old 07-27-2013, 12:33 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post

Stopped at a farmers market while I was the. Gt some really nice Kirby's to make some half sour pickles. They take a few days to ferment but I live them so much.

This is the first year I am growing pickle cucumbers in my garden, and I have never made pickles. Got any secrets that you can share?
Old 07-27-2013, 12:39 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Just started myself. I have made dill and half sours. Both came out great. I swiped recipes from the net. I took a little of this and that to make my own.

This time I am making vinegar-less pickles. I am trying for the first time.

half sours

But not really any tips. I like half sours because they don't require to be boiled. Just mix and wait. Lol