SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   3 weeks today, struggled to open a bottle and tears... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/300157-3-weeks-today-struggled-open-bottle-tears.html)

MyTimeNow 07-07-2013 09:58 AM

3 weeks today, struggled to open a bottle and tears...

But yay!!! Andy Murray won Wimbledon! Therein lie the tears.

The only bottle I've struggled to open is my bottle of vegetable oil. You know the ones... a plastic tag that will pull all the way round then breaks off half way, then needs some knife work just to prize the lid off... Grrr.

I was feeling down a little earlier as there is a 'party' in the park and they had the tennis on big screen. My friend called to say am I coming? She's there with friends and their kids - it's Pimms o'clock. Battled with myself and said no. Battled with myself some more. No. I don't even like Pimms, but I like a beer tent when I see one.

Anyway, watched the match in peace. I have a chicken roasting in the oven, ready any minute. I've been together with my Mum, my Nan, my Aunt and my cousin this morning.

What's not to love about sobriety?

Other than stupid plastic tag bottles. Humph.

Mizzuno 07-07-2013 10:03 AM

I really hate it when I have to spend a good deal of time figuring out how to get into a bottle of Olive oil. This happens. Its frustrating, and unnecessary. You have done some amazing work today. Keep on keeping on!

neferkamichael 07-07-2013 10:08 AM

MyTimeNow, 3 weeks today? You are FANTASTIC. Congratulations. :egypt:

MyTimeNow 07-07-2013 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Mizzuno (Post 4056162)
I really hate it when I have to spend a good deal of time figuring out how to get into a bottle of Olive oil. This happens. Its frustrating, and unnecessary. You have done some amazing work today. Keep on keeping on!

I'm glad it's not just me. I gave up in the end and smeared some butter on the chicken.

Yep keep on keeping on :)

My daughter is fast asleep on the sofa, I felt like she'd be missing out on seeing her friends and felt bad, so bought a DVD that she's been wanting for ages. A bit sneaky on my part as I wanted to watch the tennis in peace. But a win win I feel.

Jeni26 07-07-2013 10:20 AM

Hey, there isn't a nicer way to spend a Sunday than watching the first Brit to win Wimbledon for 77 years and know that you're being a great sober mum to your kids.

Jen x

ippochick 07-07-2013 10:22 AM

hey, fellow 3-weeks-today buddy!!

glad you're having a good day x

MyTimeNow 07-07-2013 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by neferkamichael (Post 4056173)
MyTimeNow, 3 weeks today? You are FANTASTIC. Congratulations. :egypt:

Why thank you :)

Originally Posted by Jeni26 (Post 4056194)
Hey, there isn't a nicer way to spend a Sunday than watching the first Brit to win Wimbledon for 77 years and know that you're being a great sober mum to your kids.

Jen x

Absolutely Jen, history in the making - on all parts :)

MyTimeNow 07-07-2013 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by ippochick (Post 4056198)
hey, fellow 3-weeks-today buddy!!

glad you're having a good day x

Hey ippo!

It's certainly turned out good. Hope you are ok and have had a lovely day x

hayley86 07-07-2013 10:34 AM

Congrats on three weeks :)

Sasha4 07-07-2013 11:56 AM

Whats worse than wrestling with a plastic bottle of vegetable oil?

Smashing a huge glass bottle of olive oil on on the kitchen floor!

There are still skiddy bits 1 year later!

xx

MyTimeNow 07-07-2013 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Sasha4 (Post 4056317)
Whats worse than wrestling with a plastic bottle of vegetable oil?

Smashing a huge glass bottle of olive oil on on the kitchen floor!

There are still skiddy bits 1 year later!

xx

Oh no!

I don't suppose it's much consolation to say that I'm sure your floor is lovely and shiny... ? xx

I think DD has finally fallen asleep, I knew this bedtime would be a tough one as I 'planned' her an afternoon of DVD and sleep. Fingers crossed!

I'm struggling with the heat, so going to sit in the garden for a bit before bed.

ps I'm still finding the odd rabbit poo 2 years after my house rabbit died. Like Christmas tree needles, and now olive oil - you're never rid!

ReadyAtLast 07-07-2013 01:12 PM

Go Murray:a122:

Go MTN:a122:

Keep up the great work:)xx

MyTimeNow 07-07-2013 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast (Post 4056423)
Go Murray:a122:

Go MTN:a122:

Keep up the great work:)xx

Lol mentioned in the same 'breath' :D

Thank you :) xx

jkb 07-08-2013 11:31 AM

MTN-
I am sooooo happy for you. You are amazing....Jess

MyTimeNow 07-08-2013 12:21 PM

Ah thank you Jess, and likewise!

I came so close to saying eff it tonight though. DD being an absolute nightmare. I did the no means no thing, which meant a further half an hour of screaming. I was just thinking I can't do this I just want to shut off!!! Saw it through though a la Supernanny and she is asleep now, so I'm a lot calmer. Being absolutely skint helped to of course, the option was never available to me! Bed time soon :)

jkb 07-09-2013 07:10 AM

I actually had a rough night myself last night and decided to call it a night at 10 O'clock. I get it.... Jess

soberlicious 07-09-2013 02:21 PM

Butter is a far better choice than vegetable oil. That stuck cap was a good sign. Chunk the veg oil.

Congrats. It rocks being a nondrinker :)