Notices

Checking in...

Old 05-13-2013, 07:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Checking in...

Hi Everyone...thought I would check in. I haven't been in for a few weeks I think. Been really busy with work and yes, trying to not drink and failing miserably. I have decided that yes, I need to find new work. It is the biggest issue with me. I need to get away from any temptation. Here is my issue about having to leave my job. My husband has been laid off for 3 months now and I have basically been the sole provider besides what he makes in unemployment. He pays child support out of that unemployment which leaves us with a lousy $160 a week...I am working 2 jobs. Now is NOT the time to be changing jobs. But, I HAVE to! I can't live like this anymore! I spent my Mother's Day HUNG OVER! I am disgusted with myself because I couldn't even stay away from it to enjoy the day (even tho I paid for our outing). I'm sorry everyone, I am pretty angry with myself right now. I have off today and I am going to be working outside and doing a LOT of thinking. I just wanted to check in and let you know that I haven't been doing well with my struggle. I know I will get there, but right now I feel pretty bleak. I am going to think about what I am grateful for in my life and try to turn my mood rightside up. Hope everyone else is doing well!
Old 05-13-2013, 07:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Thanks for checking in MM. Sorry to hear you are still struggling. Out of curiosity, are you using any kind of support program or treatment to help you quit?

Regarding your job, while it may be a temptation it's important to remember that temptation is everywhere. Finding a different job is probably not going to remove said temptation completely. It is possible to try a different approach to your recovery while you look for a new job - have you conisdered AA or any other local support groups?
Old 05-13-2013, 07:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Sorry to hear that your struggles continue. I know the idea of switching jobs seems more than impossible. But consider this, your drinking may end up causing you to lose your job for you. Then where will you be?

At least look at other job opportunities. Knowing one is available will make leaving your current job easier.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm sorry you're struggling right now and hope you can find a way to stay sober.