Notices

Hi, new to this site...

Old 05-13-2013, 07:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi, new to this site...

I am 35 days clean today by doing a suboxone maintenance program. I suffer from a neurological disorder that has no known cure. It is a painful condition to live with. Chronic pain opened the doors to my addiction. This fall, I went through a detox, impatient , and an intensive outpatient program. Unfortunately, I relapsed around Christmas time. Finally, at the end of March I had had enough! So far I really enjoy my suboxone program. For me, sobriety is all about changes and making good choices! I am still tired all the time and have nausea every other day. But I am determined to fight this beast of addiction! I am excited to learn from all of you as we are not alone! Have a nice day...
Old 05-13-2013, 07:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome; and as 1 who has had chronic pain most of my life, I feel for ya .. I am only 45 hours & 22 minutes Sober; But as I am fed up and tired of drinking ..
Old 05-13-2013, 07:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wanting to be sober is still making a choice! One day at a time is what I tell myself! I feel like Im just now starting to forget about getting "high". Im not thinking about drugs every minute anymore. Its so nice to wake up and not feel the need and urges. Congrats to you on your 2 days
Old 05-13-2013, 07:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanx; and like I have said in other post; I had 60days sober up until last week and your Right ... Sober for me them 60 days was Awesome .. I am not gonna say I didn't have moments where it was tough lol But between the freaky stuff in the news happening up here in Boston; my own pain, and Poor peers; Well not there fault really .. Just all in all I am staying sober and hoping
Old 05-13-2013, 08:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Boston, what a tragedy I'm all the way over in Alaska.. Far away it seems!! I had 90 days this fall and winter and relapsed. My best friends husband had past away. It's amazing how fast we switch to using to cope.. I can't imagine how tough it must be for you and your peers! Stay strong!
Old 05-13-2013, 08:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yes it was; TY .. But Honestly; it was more of the Whole "fear" thing that dragged with me .. I am an Old Dead Head lol Anti Disestablishment (think that is a word) "Blah Blah Blah" So the door to Door searches really freaked me out .. and when it all came down to it; just gave me the little Push I am fighting right now, to go get a couple beers ...
Old 05-13-2013, 08:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yeah, the whole government thing kinda freaks me out! Anti this and anti that. You don't have control in this situation, which is the worst part...
Old 05-13-2013, 08:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

exactly .. But I have changed some in my thoughts .. But yea they still get me :p I can't even smoke a Cig outside of my friends club anymore :p lol But can go in there & get Chit Faced :| lol
Old 05-13-2013, 02:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR Ktjb

D
Old 05-13-2013, 04:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee 74
Old 05-13-2013, 04:43 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Very pleased to meet you, Ktjb. It's great to have you join us. I hope it'll be helpful for you to be with people who understand.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:04 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Very pleased to meet you, Ktjb. It's great to have you join us. I hope it'll be helpful for you to be with people who understand.
Thank you! It's so nice to read all the threads and be able to relate... So nice To know we are not alone