Notices

Try to stay sober this weekend with us 22/23/24th

Old 03-22-2013, 01:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Try to stay sober this weekend with us 22/23/24th

Hello Folks ,
I woke up friday morning and saw no weekend thread so thought i'd start one .

It's for everyone who struggles to get through the weekend to read / post to if they want to touch base and read a bit of nothing , for those of us with some sobriety to share the thrills and spills, up's and down's of life at the weekend , without full on support of their own thread a bit more supptle and tangental .

People also seem to enjoy posting about food, there are popular posts live from the scene in kens' kitchen and Nons' bacon griddler .

I mostly don't do meat or bacon and haven't felt excluded .

Polish off your sober weekend bike and we'll ride through till monday morning, wobbles and falling off although not encouraged happen , just bush ourselves off, get up and carry on with the ride ..

*ring ring*

M
Old 03-22-2013, 02:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Mecanix, this thread is going to be my lifesaver this weekend. This is my first day sober, thought I'd do it on the weekend so the lack of sleep won't impinge on my working week.

What a fantastic idea this thread is though, thank you
Old 03-22-2013, 02:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hi Panache,
I think my sleeping was an "all or nothing" affair at the begining . Bed and rest even though i was'nt sleeping was the wise thing to do i thought , so i got some DVD's and the internet by the bed and passed the time that way

*ring ring*

M
Old 03-22-2013, 02:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post
Hi Panache,
I think my sleeping was an "all or nothing" affair at the begining . Bed and rest even though i was'nt sleeping was the wise thing to do i thought , so i got some DVD's and the internet by the bed and passed the time that way

*ring ring*

M
That's what I intend to do, maybe start watching a TV box set to get me heavily engrossed in something - something that I actually want to remember watching!

I love your little *ring ring* haha, every time I have a breakthrough this weekend would you mind if I robbed your bike bell?
Old 03-22-2013, 02:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

*ring ring*

I was going to use it as my bell of mindfulness , remind myself of the journey we are all on here .
You may have a bell as well no need to robb , i have plenty here to share . *ring ring**ring ring**ring ring**ring ring* please cut and paste whichever one you like .

We can then both remind ourselves of the sober bike journey we're on , to be kind to those who fall off or wobble , it's tricky when one learns to ride a bike .

Bestwishes, M
Old 03-22-2013, 02:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

. Mecanix!
Old 03-22-2013, 02:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

*ring ring*

I was going to use it as my bell of mindfulness , remind myself of the journey we are all on here .
You may have a bell as well no need to robb , i have plenty here to share . *ring ring**ring ring**ring ring**ring ring* please cut and paste whichever one you like .

We can then both remind ourselves of the sober bike journey we're on , to be kind to those who fall off or wobble , it's tricky when one learns to ride a bike .

Bestwishes, M
That's very kind of you Mecanix.

I chose *ring ring*, it's got a certain ring to it

This will be my first sober weekend since... I can't remember! Let's make it the best weekend ever, I fancy my chances of success.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:08 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks Mecanix!
I have been toying with the idea of getting a bicycle to ride around the neighborhood too and take to my daughter's so we can ride on the boardwalk when they finally rebuild it.
I would love suggestions...my last bike was a mountain bike, but i am a bit less adventurous now. I love exercise and live in suburbia so street riding is calm, i could not face heavy traffic, city riding.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Let's make it the best weekend ever, I fancy my chances of success.
Don't go racing off Panache , the weekend will have it's up's and down's , highs and lows , if we accept that before we start i think we've got a good chance of seeing them through , slow and steady is all i'm made for

*ring ring* @ clight

*ring ring*

M
Old 03-22-2013, 03:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Don't go racing off Panache , the weekend will have it's up's and down's , highs and lows , if we accept that before we start i think we've got a good chance of seeing them through , slow and steady is all i'm made for

*ring ring* @ clight

*ring ring*

M
There was never more wiser words spoken. Slow and steady...Tortoise with a bell?
Old 03-22-2013, 03:24 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

@ fandy, TBH my bike was a metaphorical "sober bike" .

I don't actually have a bike i'd love to have an old bike but what with living with mum in this tiny house and no storage it's not really roomy enough for me to keep one , if i left it outside i'm sure it'd get pinched and ridden off .

*ring ring* M
Old 03-22-2013, 03:26 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Sorry to be a bit smug, but this weekend is going to be easy . Sober weekends strange in early days but amazing in later days stray strong peeps !
Old 03-22-2013, 03:46 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Thanks for your experience DarkDays

I hope you stay strong too ,

Bestwishes, M
Old 03-22-2013, 04:49 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

3 rashers in Friday morning, gonna be a fantastic weekend!

You're The Man for starting this thread early on Friday!
Old 03-22-2013, 04:51 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Ah I need this thread, I'm going to be alone all weekend and I'm a little scared. I think I'll hide in bed with a good book and drink lots of tea lol.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:31 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

*ring* *ring*

Get on a tricycle! A quad! What ever you need to stay balanced and focused. But cross that finish line Sunday with us.

Kens kitchen will be open Sunday. Taking suggestions of the menu. Saturday I am going to see someone out of state but when I get home in the afternoon is when it has traditionally been a real tease to drink. So I will be here to check in then for sure.

Smile today!

K
Old 03-22-2013, 05:46 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thanks for the thread, mecanix!

First sober weekend! I’m going to fill it with lots of house work, quality time with the kids and I may even get a little ambitious and start a book by a favorite author! I know there are going to be some struggles since this was my time to really “cut loose” (AKA show absolutely no regard for myself or others around me) but I plan on crushing those cravings with my guitar and treadmill…..and of course SR.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:50 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Scrumptious Salmon Chowder | Everyday Paleo

Ken - the salmon chowder recipe is delicious. I typically add or substitute other root vegetables for the carrots, but the carrots do add a nice color.

It's a sunny day so I am off to work on my deck. I'll probably check in a few times during the day. My wife was clearly nervous about leaving me home alone all day since last Friday I jumped off the wagon. Seeing is believing, Sweethearts. I am DONE with that bottle.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:28 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Count me in...I will need this thread this week end when the small child inside my head starts crying for what it wants! (And I DON'T give in)

Jim
Old 03-22-2013, 06:49 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I work retail, so my weekend THIS week is actually Tuesday/Wednesday. I am actually not worried about drinking over the next few days, I am just about 72 hours sober, and my main concern is managing my work schedule with this insomnia!
Have a doc appointment in 4 hours to address insomnia, anxiety, substance abuse, etc. It will be a productive few days. I'm staying sober this time, hope you all join me.

*ring ring*