Notices

Try to stay sober this weekend with us 22/23/24th

Old 03-23-2013, 12:51 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Good morning weekend riders *Ring Ring*

Just woke up to my 2nd day. Sleep was a little hit and miss, but better than any pass out drunk sleep by a long shot!

I can't say I feel like Lazarus as of yet, I ache a bit here and there, I'm still tired and I'm a little groggy, BUT it beats waking up with a hangover and a whole bunch of regrets.

Hope you're all having a wonderful day/night wherever you are.

Think it's time to enjoy some breakfast and actually be able to keep it down, smashing!
Old 03-23-2013, 01:02 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Good morning weekenders day three for me have a great day everyone I woke up hungry can't remember the last time that happened normally feeling awful hating myself and trying not to be sick, early days but loving the difference x
Old 03-23-2013, 01:43 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I ache a bit here and there, I'm still tired and I'm a little groggy
enjoy some breakfast and actually be able to keep it down

I woke up hungry can't remember the last time that happened normally feeling awful hating myself and trying not to be sick,
Thanks for the reminders, it helps keep me sober, my brain trys to play tricks on me at times telling me it wasn't that bad . YEH ! AS IF daft alkie brain ..

Snowing here in south london , mum has a 40" telly being deliverd today .. i wonder if they will make it ..

M
Old 03-23-2013, 01:51 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I'm up already, but then again, I was down for sleep before 10 on a Friday. That's plenty exciting for me. I was pooped out from my deck refurbishing activities of yesterday.

I get a slight break this morning, running some errands with Mrs Non, then we're having a working party this afternoon, getting a couple of people to help me dispose of the old decking, and maybe making a lumber run.
Old 03-23-2013, 02:08 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post

Thanks for the reminders, it helps keep me sober, my brain trys to play tricks on me at times telling me it wasn't that bad . YEH ! AS IF daft alkie brain ..

Snowing here in south london , mum has a 40" telly being deliverd today .. i wonder if they will make it ..

M
Alkie brain has definitely got severe amnesia, he forgets so much (and that's before the blackouts)!

*RING RING*
Old 03-23-2013, 02:29 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! *ring ring*
Oh it felt great waking up with no wine bottles under my bed and without a huge headache. I snuggled into my blankets being happy that I don't have to get to my laptop as fast as possible and check for all the messed-up stuff I wrote on facebook lol.

That was my first sober friday in what feels like almost a year, I'm so happy.
Old 03-23-2013, 02:33 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Good morning! Another sane sober relaxing Saturday mornings. A treasure by any measure.

Gonna read some. Write some. Then go see family in jersey. It's when I get home from there I need you guys the most today. Not gonna do it... Wouldn't be prudent.

There is never a reason to drink. Maybe go to a meeting tonight.

Still not sure what to make tomorrow. Maybe stuffed pork chops. With apple cranberry stuffing? Hmmmm... Thanks non but salmon is not something I eat. I don't do a lot of fish.

*ring ring*
Old 03-23-2013, 02:38 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

By the time i stopped drinking i was so red faced , bloated, losing my hair by the handful in the shower, dehydrated and lips were cracked and bleeding constantly.
Happy to report that after about 18 months i got my mop back,lost 27 lbs...no easy feat, i work for every ounce and try to exercise daily....i have adopted a little dog (pet pics on whiners thread)..so it is a necessity to be out and exercise him rain or shine, no excuses.
Made a pizza last night with olive oil brushed crust, mushrooms, onions and bacon..i had no other handy meat except the cat's turkey breast...so bacon was good.
It was worth the calories and the crust i found was decent...so many of them taste like dirty cardboard...(mama mary's brand got it at wallymart, $3.89 for pkg of 2).
I turned out the lights at 10pm, love normal sleep, cats woke me too early...i need coffee and have lots to do.
Waiting for spring to get here, it is still very cold here and sleet for tomorrow. I am cleaning and washing clothes,blankets etc....scrubbing some floors as needed.
Much better than living in dirt and disaster as i did when drinking.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:04 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Sober Date: March 10, 2013

Good Morning Weekend Sobercyclists! (<---I like that tehe)

So happy to see many of you here already and that you made it thru the Friday Night! I did too, I've got my routine down, 2 Weeks Today!!!

When I was trying to moderate to the weekends, Fridays meant I could allow myself that 5 o'clock drink with the others at the office (I am an assistant to a few executives who drink nightly after work). So Friday becomes a whole new ball game of how to get around joining in (I've worked out saying no to them during the week being committed to the gym). But I figured it out for myself! I use Friday to work overtime on a project I'm scheduled to do over the weekend. It takes 2 hours (same as the gym) and gets me home safely past the 5-7 cocktail hour!

So I got home around 8pm, made me a yummy appetizer of Kale chips (my new favorite thing) and grape juice with a splash of selzer while I prepared my dinner: Grilled chicken marinated in balsamic, lemon, evo and rosemary, sliced grilled sweet potato, and swiss chard sauteed in garlic and evo. Mmmm!

I ended the eve with a chai tea with honey and a call to my Beau who is 6 hours away. I opened up more to him on what I am going thru and he is more than very, very supportive... being in recovery himself!!

I am a lucky girl... *ring ring* <3
Old 03-23-2013, 06:11 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Phebe that sounds like the perfect evening and welcome back to our Saturday cycle. You must feel marvellous.

I've just been and stocked up and treats and lovely food for my evening in. Even picked up some magazines and rented a movie.

I don't have a beau to talk to on the phone one day maybe? But I do have my dog, he'll do for now, at least he listens! Haha
Old 03-23-2013, 06:28 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Fandy, I too had been losing hair by the handfuls the past year and a half. It's thinned considerably and is so straw like

I couldn't imagine it was linked to alcohol... but in reading the research and learning more and more about what alcohol does to the body, I realize it was depleting all its nutrients... aging my skin and face, even while taking the biotin and milk thistle and daily vitamins.

You give me hope that is all going to turn around.... day by day, just gotta stay, no thank you AV
Old 03-23-2013, 06:30 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Hi everyone.

I'm 2 days short of 10 months sober. Everything was going swimmingly well, but I've had the week from hell at work and those niggling 'I need vodka' thoughts came back with a vengeance.

I'm doing ok but have a need to stay close to SR this weekend.

I'm taking my daughter out shopping shortly if she ever manages to drag her lazy teenage butt out of bed...then settling down to enjoy the rest of the day.

I'm not chucking 10 months of hard-earned sobriety away. No chance!!!

Jen x x
Old 03-23-2013, 06:36 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Good Saturday to my Sober Weekend Cyclist friends!!

Here in the Midwest we're gearing up for a snowstorm! Supposedly will drop up to 10" of global warmness on my driveway. Yuck.

I've also been putting off going to the grocery so I may summon up my courage & attempt to go. Around here, everyone seems to panic prior to the snowstorm and they buy enough food to last them 3 months. It's complete chaos.

No big plans today. Going to a haircut this afternoon & will probably hook up with an AA friend of mine and go to a speaker meeting.

Keep on keeping on everyone! Weekends are tough in the beginning but the are possible!
Old 03-23-2013, 06:37 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Thanks Panache!! I do feel marvelous this morning! Up early, no hangover pains, lots of good feeling energy, my kitty is in the window sunning himself and it's a bright sunshiny day!!

Glad to hear you are all prepared for tonight! I am going to visit my dad today and it should get me home late enough to just do a wind down of tea and some reading here before bed.

After breaking up my 13 year relationship with the musician, it's taken many lonely years to find another beau. Oh, I've dated, but nothing has stuck. I am very hopeful about this one... we grew up across the street from each other as kids and reconnected on a elementary school fb page! He lives 6 hours away, but our connection is so strong, I am open to moving to him. We have been together 5 months, I flew up to him twice, he will be coming down to meet my family here in a month.

You stay positive on Love and hug that puppy!!!
Old 03-23-2013, 06:38 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post
Those auzzies and kiwis are so great ... they live in the future y'know
I was over in that neck of the woods a couple years ago. Time difference is out of control. I used to get drunk dials here in the States from an Aussie girlfriend of mine at random times on weekends - like 8am my time. However, she is now engaged, and I am now 8 months sober - needless to say those calls have stopped!

Up early here in the Windy City, now that I don't drink my sleep cycle is the same on weekends as weekdays. Coffee and NPR this morning in my sunny breakfast nook off the kitchen. Did not eat meat yesterday and don't plan on eating any all week. Not religious reasons, just health! Weighed myself on the scale this morning (always a scary) and was pleasantly surprised. Down 20 LBS from last year and my drinking days. Bought a new pair of jeans recently because I can't fit into my old ones. Had a job interview yesterday and have a follow-up on Tuesday.

Rome wasn't built in a day. Still facing many challenges and I'll never be out of the woods, but it's nice to be able to enjoy a weekend morning sober, and have so many positive things happening. Glad to read everyone's posts here, thanks all!
Old 03-23-2013, 06:42 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jeni26 View Post
I'm not chucking 10 months of hard-earned sobriety away. No chance!!!
Don't you dare Jen!!!!!

Old 03-23-2013, 06:46 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Good Job bigsombreo and Good Luck!!!!
Old 03-23-2013, 06:47 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

It sounds like you have found your fairy tale there Phebe and you so deserve it I do love a happy ending!

Jen, stay close to the forum and get on your sober-cyclist seat, we're all in this together. Stay strong and vent as much as you need to, we're pulling for you

*Ring Ring* everyone!
Old 03-23-2013, 06:47 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Phebe my hairdresser pointed it out to me....and suggested a certain supplement and iron even though i am over 50...chelated iron glycenate...i only take 3X a week.

in the interim, the new Pantene spray is very helpful in helping you keep what is on your head.

just got back from a mile with the dog, had breakfast (egg, spinach potato pancake and 2 strips of defatted bacon)...sent a goodbye letter to the realtor as we are taking our parents house off the market for now and plan to get started on the day.

I took out a steak for dinner, 2 small red potatoes and asparagus. I haven't had a steak in 3 weeks....but i like red meat now and again.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:49 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

That sounds like a lovely dinner Fandy. I think you may have persuaded me to have steak tonight. I'm on my day 2, so I'm taking every opportunity to treat myself to nice food - how selfish I sound, but it's getting me through.