SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Even though _______, It could be worse, I could ______. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/288347-even-though-_______-could-worse-i-could-______.html)

EternalQ 03-21-2013 11:19 PM

Even though _______, It could be worse, I could ______.

Even though I can't sleep, it could be worse, I could be having the room spins.
What Bout you?

Coldfusion 03-21-2013 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by EternalQ (Post 3874638)
Even though I can't sleep, it could be worse, I could be having the room spins.
What Bout you?

....oh, many are the web sites that are vile and ¥‡☠...

I love SR, and my wife doesn't mind I'm here either

Thanks, Q

Panache 03-21-2013 11:46 PM

Even though this is my first day, it could be worse, if I'd have carried on drinking it might have been my last.

daisy1 03-22-2013 12:23 AM

Even though I'm lonely without my husband in my life, I could still be drinking with him and arguing every night.

EternalQ 03-22-2013 07:02 PM

Even though my back and shoulders hurt, it could be worse, I could be using alcohol to ease the pain, which causes MORE pain and doesn't force me to solve the problem.

LDT 03-22-2013 07:15 PM

Even though I will be at a wedding tomorrow, and around a lot of alcohol, it could be worse.... I could be at the same wedding DRINKING a lot of alcohol..... Which will NOT happen :)

ArcticSA 03-22-2013 07:26 PM

Even though my husband will be out getting drunk tonight and tomorrow night while I sit home with my three kids, it could be worse, I could be getting drunk right now also and then they'd have TWO hungover parents.

least 03-22-2013 07:34 PM

Even tho I'm broke, it could be worse, I could be homeless.

Huglets 03-22-2013 07:54 PM

Even though my future is uncertain, it could be worse, I could still be drinking and having suicidal thoughts.

Instead, I'm sober, I count my blessings and am over-the-top grateful to be getting better & stronger every day.

Vastreaction 03-22-2013 08:07 PM

Even though my girlfriend is very distant right now and very fed up with my "on and off attempts at sobriety," it could be worse: I could be getting upset about it and drinking. Instead I'm worrying about ME, staying sober, and researching some classes to get back into school.

Good thread btw, you start good chats.

Mizzuno 03-22-2013 08:14 PM

Even though I lost my job with good pay, it could be worse, I could not have a job at all.

Vastreaction 03-22-2013 08:21 PM

Even though my sober future is uncertain and scary, it could be worse: my drunk future was very certain, and far more terrifying, shameful and disgusting.

EternalQ 03-27-2013 12:14 AM

Even though I can't sleep, it.could be worse.
I could be chugging cough syrup for its alcohol content to try and sleep. I did that in the past. Ugh.

EternalQ 04-13-2013 10:20 AM

Even though I don't want to drive 80 minutes to babysit my grandson, it could be worse...
I could have no car.
I could have no gas.
I could be driving drunk.
He could have a drunk Grandmom.
I could have no Grandson....

kiki26 04-13-2013 11:01 AM

Even though I am depressed it could be worse, I could be drunk and depressed.

wiscsober 04-13-2013 11:11 AM

Even though I am poor, It could be worse, I could once again be stealing for my next drink.

IWillWin 04-13-2013 11:35 AM

Even though my doggie baby has a broken toe nail (ouch!), it could be worse, I could not have noticed because I was drunk and/or passed out. Now I can be certain if she needs medical care in the middle of the night I can drive. That's the kind of doggie mom she deserves and thankfully, now has :)

EternalQ 06-12-2013 10:47 PM

Even though I can't sleep, it could be worse......
....I could be drinking cough medicine just for the alcohol so I could sleep....
...Or I could be passed out in my clothes somewhere waking up to room spins, vomiting or a migraine....
Thank God those days are over!

deeker 06-12-2013 10:51 PM

Even though I lost everything I ever owned, It could be worse I could be spending all my days maintaining the stuff I once had.

What about you?

EternalQ 07-13-2013 11:24 PM

Even though I can't sleep it could be worse... I could be blacked out with no memory of any part of this tomorrow.