Go Back   SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Chat Room [3]

Welcome to the Sober Recovery Community

Already registered? Login above ---^
OR
To take advantage of all Posting, Chatting, Gaming, and all the features available at SoberRecovery, join the over 100,000 current members, and become a member of our supportive community today! Ads will no longer appear on the forums, once you register.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2013, 11:18 AM   #1 (permalink)

Starting again

I feel horrible today. Only venturing out of bed to eject the gatorade i can't keep down. Can't even call this my day 1 because I drank into the wee hours of the morning last night. Feeling scared, frustrated, sick, ashamed...all the bad emotions that are the side effects of another epic blackout binge. I'm going to start again, day 1 tomorrow, but jeez if only hangovers had fast forward buttons. Ugh. Starting meetings on Monday, that is if I don't feel terrible still.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Change4Better For This Useful Post:
escapist (02-09-2013), Hevyn (02-09-2013), mecanix (02-09-2013), Nonsensical (02-09-2013), Peacehappyness (02-10-2013), sissy07 (02-09-2013)
Old 02-09-2013, 11:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
That bell or bike person

Great to see you C4b ,

Keep on making the right decisions .

Bestwishes, M
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mecanix For This Useful Post:
Change4Better (02-09-2013), escapist (02-09-2013)
Old 02-09-2013, 11:37 AM   #3 (permalink)

Ugh, sounds like it was a bad one.

Feel better soon, and hope you can get back on your feet soon.

It's funny, because Friday would normally be a day where I'd want to drink but really, after a long week, I'm happy coming home and just relaxing, and I enjoy feeling awesome the next day.

Not to say I'm better, if you see my post on the board, it's when my head is swimming in much stuff that I've picked up over the last couple of weeks. I feel for ya.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vegibean For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2013, 11:37 AM   #4 (permalink)

welcome back change,hope you feel better soon
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ReadyAtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2013, 11:42 AM   #5 (permalink)

Thank you for your post C4B. The voice in my head is telling me it is ok to drink today. I am trying to ignore it but your post helped me to realize I do not want to deal with the
hangover you are going through. Please pick yourself up & start again & thank you for helping me today.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoberBella1 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2013, 01:05 PM   #6 (permalink)

welcome back C4B

D

The Following User Says Thank You to Dee74 For This Useful Post:
escapist (02-09-2013)
Old 02-09-2013, 01:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Administrator

I remember feeling the same way. Just know that you never have to go through this again.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anna For This Useful Post:
Dee74 (02-09-2013), escapist (02-09-2013)
Old 02-09-2013, 04:35 PM   #8 (permalink)

Woke up a couple of hours ago with an awesome feeling... hunger! lol I think the worst is over. In the past, I have been assuming that such a horrible experience as this is/was would be enough fuel to stop me from drinking. You know, the lazy approach to getting sober. Totally NOT working for me!!

What I am going to do differently:
- Go to meetings, especially Friday nights. Maybe twice those nights.
- After this wk (when the nightsweats stop), start an exercise program
- Rediscover at least ONE hobby. Or pick up a new one. Anything to fill my time and my mind. Never more apparent than in my drinking life how dangerous my idle hands can be. *shudder*

Thanks for everyone's support on this site. I didn't hesitate for a moment to air my misery here, I knew I would find support and no one would kick me while I was down. *hugs*
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Change4Better For This Useful Post:
Dee74 (02-09-2013), escapist (02-09-2013), Hanna (02-09-2013), Peacehappyness (02-10-2013), RevivingOphelia (02-09-2013)
Old 02-09-2013, 04:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
Learning to live again

Hi Change. So glad to see you! I'm glad the worst is over. You never have to go back to that horrible place again.

Rock bottom is the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life. J.K. Rowling

You are so much more than the worst thing you've ever done. Fr. Greg Boyle
The Following User Says Thank You to Hevyn For This Useful Post:
escapist (02-09-2013)
Old 02-09-2013, 04:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
Sobriety is Traditional

Change, it's good to see someone going at this with a plan (meetings, etc). Your chances of success are above average!
The Following User Says Thank You to Coldfusion For This Useful Post:
escapist (02-09-2013)
Old 02-09-2013, 04:45 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Change4Better View Post

What I am going to do differently:
- Go to meetings, especially Friday nights. Maybe twice those nights.
- After this wk (when the nightsweats stop), start an exercise program
- Rediscover at least ONE hobby. Or pick up a new one. Anything to fill my time and my mind. Never more apparent than in my drinking life how dangerous my idle hands can be. *shudder*
Those are pretty lofty goals there. Do you worry that maybe you are setting your expectations too high? You are planning ahead for the whole week already - in my experience I needed daily, sometimes hourly goals just to make it through the early goings. For me, keeping my thoughts and goals realistic and in-the-moment was most helpful early on. Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to bigsombrero For This Useful Post:
Change4Better (02-09-2013)