Go Back   SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Chat Room [1]

Welcome to the Sober Recovery Community

Already registered? Login above ---^
OR
To take advantage of all Posting, Chatting, Gaming, and all the features available at SoberRecovery, join the over 100,000 current members, and become a member of our supportive community today! Ads will no longer appear on the forums, once you register.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2013, 01:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

When my AV tells me

to take a drink,....

I turn up the music, drown out my AV, and chug the melody deepppp down into my body.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HereIAm321 For This Useful Post:
Coldfusion (01-18-2013), hypochondriac (01-18-2013), LadyinBC (01-18-2013), mecanix (01-18-2013), soberlicious (01-18-2013)
Old 01-18-2013, 02:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Keeping it simple!

I will play with my dogs, my granddaughter, and sometimes I'll play a video game.

"God has a plan for you...and what it is is none of your business." (A Buddhist Monk)

“You can make mistakes, but you are not a failure until you blame others for those mistakes.” -John Wooden
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to LadyinBC For This Useful Post:
vegibean (01-18-2013)
Old 01-18-2013, 02:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

That's my tactic too x

'The less I needed, the better I felt' - Charles Bukowski
Old 01-18-2013, 03:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Sobriety is Traditional

Well, I'm going to start sounding like a Big Book thumper here...

Going to meetings has meant that I rarely hear my addictive voices (and 321, you know I have trouble with "voices"). I'm unemployed right now, which is bad on our budget but good for my recovery--it isn't inconvenient for me to go to meetings every day. So today, there is a noon meeting. I went to town and got a haircut (no more dope-addict hairdo), and went to the meeting which was really good today. This open meeting is held at the Community Church. The chairperson reads approved literature and calls on people to speak, then we close with the Lord's prayer. It was my first local meeting out of detox, but I would consider NA my home group. Which brings up another point: last night's NA meeting was okay, but there was some politics at the end. AA and NA are not museums of perfect people, by any means.

I would go so far as to say that meetings have kept me sober.
The Following User Says Thank You to Coldfusion For This Useful Post:
vegibean (01-18-2013)
Old 01-18-2013, 03:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
That bell or bike person

I'm gonna rock forever !

Bestwishes, M
Old 01-18-2013, 03:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Music...<3
Can be an instant mood lifter for me.
A little booty dancin' never hurts either.