Notices

Lost alone need help with WD

Old 12-05-2012, 02:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation Lost alone need help with WD

New here needing help !
I'm going into day 2 with no pills. I have been on them for 4 years for chronic issue. When cleaning out purse I found 3 in the bottom...... If I break them in half and take half 2 tomes for 3 days, will I be right back here the forth day???? Or would it make it easier? I know I should know these answers but when it comes to addiction and withdraw it just isn't something I am versed in. Any suggestions? Would it help? I have been doing th cough medicine, Tylenol, ibuprofen, and ice /heat to TRy and help alliviate some pain. If I was working with a patient I feel like my head would be more clear and not emotional involved and I could figure out what's best. I'm so scared 😣. I worked soooooo hard to get here. Left an abusive marriage with NoTHinG and 3 kids, put myself through nursing school only to now be here in this catch 22. To function and be a mom/RN I need meds other things have NoT worked. If iI continue to take them I end up here. Babbling to people I don't know begging for an easy answer( I know it doesn't exist) . I feel ashamed and disappointed in myself. I am so depressed and lost Pray 100 times a day for The Lord to showe an answer. I am not a recreational user. Prior to this I never even liked to take cough medicine. Sorry for the babble. I so scared and feel so alone!!! I have slept 1 hour in last 48, kids get up in 10 min and I work next 3 nights going through withdraw..... Lord give me the strength I need and support to do what needs done.

After all the babble .... My question is.... Is it a good idea or bad idea to break the pills in half for 3 days?
Old 12-05-2012, 02:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I can't give you any advice on pills, but I can assure you from people I've known that you are not alone. My sister is an RNA and just got fired from her job for showing up under the influence from drinking straight gin the previous night. She went to work on her bicycle because her license was revoked for driving under the influence. Now she's facing jail time. They don't mess around in Colorado. She's going to have to ride her bike in the snow. Rocky Mountain High? Well, not really.

I had a housemate who was a maternity nurse. Every day she was dealing with the most emotional event in a woman's life: giving birth. She got addicted to Vicodin and couldn't even remember her own name.

So, believe me, you're not alone. Stick around here. You've found the right place.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh I'm sorry your sister is going through that!! My "addiction" does not affect work. I do NOT take them from work, yes I do work while taking them, however after 4 years I certainly don't get a high from them. How do I conceed myself to either living a life of misery or a life of narcotics. Neither are good.... My tolerance goes up and I think oh just one more today to get
Through, then that happens a lot and here I am.... Hot and heavy into D T and miserable physically and emotionally. I just can't seem to find a balance of be strong. The first few days after I get the script filled I take upwards of 6 (every 4 hours I work nights and often stay up 24 being single mother) then once I realize oh no I'm almost out and it's only been 2 weeks I try to "ration" them saving for when I work, but I can't keep this up!!! There just has to be a better life. My kids miss me playing and I miss playing. But this pain consumes my life.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi feelstuck - welcome

I've known a few members who are nurses here who've been in your situation - I hope you'll hear from some of them here.

I know it's difficult to think about getting help and 'going public' as a healthcare professional - speaking with your Dr/going to NA etc...but I hope you'll consider it.

Sometimes to get out of a hole, I think we need some outside help.

We can't give you medical advice here or answer any medical questions, I'm afraid. It's against our rules.

We can share our experience tho and I'm pleased to see people have been doing that in some of your other threads.

D
Old 12-05-2012, 04:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Recoveringed

Originally Posted by Feelstuck View Post
Oh I'm sorry your sister is going through that!! My "addiction" does not affect work. I do NOT take them from work, yes I do work while taking them, however after 4 years I certainly don't get a high from them. How do I conceed myself to either living a life of misery or a life of narcotics. Neither are good.... My tolerance goes up and I think oh just one more today to get
Through, then that happens a lot and here I am.... Hot and heavy into D T and miserable physically and emotionally. I just can't seem to find a balance of be strong. The first few days after I get the script filled I take upwards of 6 (every 4 hours I work nights and often stay up 24 being single mother) then once I realize oh no I'm almost out and it's only been 2 weeks I try to "ration" them saving for when I work, but I can't keep this up!!! There just has to be a better life. My kids miss me playing and I miss playing. But this pain consumes my life.
Hi Feelstuck, I answered your first post in the Substance Abuse forum but I just wanted to respond to the claim you made that taking opiates doesn't affect your work because you've been on them so long. That's just impossible, of course they affect you whether you're feeling high off of them or not, whether you're using them or coming off of them. I sure would mind if my doctor were operating on me while taking or coming off of opiates, or if the man driving the school bus were taking or coming off of opiates, or if the 747 pilot were taking or coming off of opiates. I believe getting real is vital to getting well, and the rigorous honesty I know to be vital in the process has to be not just with others but with myself too. ((((((((((Hugs for Feelstuck)))))))))))
Old 12-05-2012, 05:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I called off for this weekend. I don't feel safe doing my job as it should be done when I'm in misery.