Notices

why the drink over family

Old 11-14-2012, 09:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

why the drink over family

my husband has been drinking four loco since he lost his job year and a half ago. this drink of choice has made his alcoholism rage out of control. he had been short tempered and prone to fits of rage. he is staying weeks at a time so drunk that he has shut his body down and been hospitalized several times. in the last two months he has tried to take his life twice. i have made the choice to have him removed from the house and from my life. this choice has been the hardest thing i have ever had to do. i wish i could have my husband back but till he takes serious steps to his recovery i can not do anything for him. the worst thing is.... he is in ICU right now because he was in a serious accident sat. night ( yeah he was 3 times the legal time) and hit 2 other cars. but by the grace of god no one else was hurt!!! i am trying to keep myself healthy for the children but it is hard saying good bye to my best friend. i am not sure what the future is going to hold but i know that i can only make it one day at a time!! i have never drank but i can till you the closet drunk is the worst!! by the time anyone knew what was going on he was in a well of despair that only he can climb out of!! thanks for reading and i hope everyone good luck making it one day at a time!!
Old 11-14-2012, 09:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your situation soberwife - but I'm glad you found us - you'll find a ton of support here.

Do check out our Family and Friends forums section too (further on down the page)

D
Old 11-15-2012, 05:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

All you can do is take it one day at a time. Make sure to check in often and keep us posted =) We're all pulling for you xD
Old 11-15-2012, 05:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Soberwife, you are doing the right thing. He is a danger to you, himself, and everyone around him. Alcoholics are not bad people they have a bad disease that makes them do bad things.

Until he can see on his own that drinking is not the solution he will continue. All you can do is pray he finds his way.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

i am so angry that my mother-in law is blaming me for his drinking!! he has not lived in my household for several months and has been staying with her. i can not believe she has the nerve to put the blame on anyone but him! it is his choice not mine that he drinks. i am the one who gets all the bills and may lose my home if we get sued! that is her grandkids home and she just wants to save her son! she claims she can fix him. i am so worried her heart break is going to be at her grandkids future disappointment. i am not going to argue with her but it is so hard to keep my mouth shut and not tell her that he is the only one who can fix himself. her co-dependency is a issue not mine. i now have to remove myself and kids for her temper and fear! i can not make my mother in law have a different thought process on alcohol put it would be nice not to be blame for someone else's choices in life. thanks for for the kind thoughts and i will keep reading.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your situation and I hope you and your children find peace in your life.