Notices

havnt forgot about youse guys

Old 08-05-2012, 02:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

havnt forgot about youse guys

Hi everyone, havnt been on for a while but id like to explain why. my main habit whilst drinking was to go on the comp and so in order to help me to stop drinking i avoid the computer as whenever i come on the comp i feel like i have to get a drink so i need to break the habit which means im spending less time on the computer. i will pop in from time to time but it wont be a lot until i am fully better and dont associate the computer with drinking. whilst im here though id like to ask a question, i have tried to stop and failed a few times as about a week into not drinking i feel really ill. i feel shaky, weak, sick, tired and i dont think its withdrawl as iv had the detox tablets etc so has anyone else felt like this when they have stopped drinking for about a week and is it just my body adjusting to the changes im making and eventually get better or do i need to see a doctor?
Old 08-05-2012, 02:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'd see a Dr anyway Sharp.
It could be anything really, you know?

Good to see you again

D
Old 08-05-2012, 02:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Yep, I was ill for six months with PAWS and it is different for each but the same set of things reported. You need to see the doc to bne sure nothing else is going on as I did. But my body took six months to stop being painful and itchy dry, as well as memory issues etc., and it wasn't until a year that I really started the real emotional and capability recovery with fewer physical and emotional issues to deal with.
P.A.W.S Information - Cyber Recovery Social Network Forums - Alcohol and Drug Addiction Help/Support
Old 08-05-2012, 02:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

i feel shaky, weak, sick, tired
I've felt the same Sharp. I am still nauseous all the time and utterly exhausted.

I have to keep reminding myself though that drinking will not make these things better! Because for whatever reason that is still my first instinct. It will all pass eventually provided we don't drink...it's just one last big drawn out hangover. It may take longer than weeks though Sharp.

Thanks for checking in and glad you are getting some support xxx
Old 08-05-2012, 03:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
AA member

Hi sharp,it is good to hear from you.

If you are worried about how you are feeling physically do seek medical advice.

The further away you get from your last drink the better you will feel.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to see you, Sharp!
Old 08-05-2012, 04:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

i actually feel the same as when i was getting withdrawl symptoms altho im now in the stages where i shouldnt be getting withdrawl so im now questioning wether i was actually getting withdrawl from the start. its so confusing. iv tried and failed a few times, first week i was crying for absolutely nothing so i turned to drink but found out from the recovery group that its completely normal and now im just constantly feeling physically weak and sick and some days certain foods make me feel sick just thinking about it but some days i can stuff my face yet still feel totally weak, sick and tired. in a sense i feel like my body is fighting me and pushing me to have a drink and when i refuse it has me feeling like pure hell which is awful to think im fighing against my own body to not drink
Old 08-05-2012, 04:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Zee

Hi Sharp, good to see you
I'm coming up for a year, I'm still getting alot of what Itchy had (although 90% of my itch has stopped with antihistamines, hives, I think)
I think I may have a bit of PAWS, but I also have liver disease, so, I have an excuse to feel like rubbish sometimes (lazy? moi?)
I'm going to my docs next week, and my list is loooong! I'm a hypochondriac as well! Ha!
Maybe if you changed your furniture around, you may not feel compelled to drink in front of the computer in similar surroundings? (Go on, tell me you have a laptop!)
See you around soon x

edit: I get very nausious too, not all the time though. I put this down to my anxiety and gastritis (this was discovered by endoscopy)

See your docs, always the best thing to do
Old 08-06-2012, 02:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Jake, 19

Originally Posted by Itchy View Post
Yep, I was ill for six months with PAWS and it is different for each but the same set of things reported. You need to see the doc to bne sure nothing else is going on as I did. But my body took six months to stop being painful and itchy dry, as well as memory issues etc., and it wasn't until a year that I really started the real emotional and capability recovery with fewer physical and emotional issues to deal with.
P.A.W.S Information - Cyber Recovery Social Network Forums - Alcohol and Drug Addiction Help/Support
Sorry for straying off topic, but i'd just like to say I love both the quotes in your signature.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

thanks zee i was actually meant to go for an endoscopy after being in hosptal for stomach pains but i forgot to go and havnt been given anothr apointment. i think anxiety could be contributing to it aswell as 2 days in a row i went shopping and both times i became really ill during shopping and i just needed to get out of the shop asap. the thing that scared me is these horrible feelings were happening in my 2nd week of sobriety yet i thought theyd go away once i stopped drinking so the fact im having to try battle it without booze is horrible yet when i do drink i feel terrible so i cant win either way
Old 08-08-2012, 04:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

also what is PAWS iv seen it mentioned a few times but dont know what it is?
Old 08-08-2012, 05:01 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
AA member

Good to hear from you sharp.Itchy posted a link a few posts back for PAWS.

If you havent been given another appointment for an endoscopy contact your GP. You should have it done.

Congratulations on your sober time.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:03 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

This is a good intro to PAWS...(post acute withdrawal syndrome)

being post-withdrawal, I believe it generally doesn't kick in before a month or so tho...

PAWS « Digital Dharma

D