Notices

rollercoaster

Old 10-01-2012, 04:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

rollercoaster

So I posted this whole blurb before about how I wanted to drink, feel cranky, homesick, tired etc and it didn't save is exactly how I feel right now. I started the day so positive, I want that feeling back. I am discouraged because I still can't find an apartment I like (looked at another one today). Called my sponser and she reminded me how lucky I am to have a place to sleep tonight, a car to drive and a job to go tomorrow. I know she's right, I am blessed. I don't want to a meeting right now but I am...
Old 10-01-2012, 04:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hang in there Quit...these first few days are not easy, but it won't always be like this

I hope all the problems you have now will resolve quickly - in any case, you're doing right to stay sober - thats the best way to deal with anything

Keep reaching out and stay focused

D
Old 10-01-2012, 04:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hang in there Quit...Pray on the apartment...It'll happen....I'll send some prayers myself. Nice job on calling your sponsor....And she's right...You have a lot to be grateful for....Pray on that too.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's just not easy dealing with all the emotions that come along in early recovery.

I hope you get lucky with finding a new apartment soon.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hang in there, ((quit)). Early recovery is tough, at best, but it's worth it in the long run

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 10-01-2012, 05:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Reading about PAWS helped me alot:
Post-acute withdrawal feels like a rollercoaster of symptoms. In the beginning, your symptoms will change minute to minute and hour to hour. Later as you recover further they will disappear for a few weeks or months only to return again. As you continue to recover the good stretches will get longer and longer……There is no obvious trigger for most episodes. You will wake up one day feeling irritable and have low energy. If you hang on for just a few days, it will lift just as quickly as it started. After a while you'll develop confidence that you can get through post-acute withdrawal, because you'll know that each episode is time limited.
I like what your sponsor said, too. Gratitude is one of the fastest ways to turn my perspective around. Hang in there - you're doing great!
Old 10-01-2012, 05:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

If she is like me...She'll hear exactly what she needed to hear and will feel better after that meeting.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
~sb

Help a someone with less sober time than you!
Old 10-01-2012, 07:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much and artsoul that was interesting about the PAWS. I have heard it mentioned around here. And I do feel better sapling, not perfect but hung around after the meeting and met some people who invited me to a meeting tomorrow so that was good I have been praying a lot today. My usual optimistic self is starting to poke out again after about 6 bad hours ...I know the right home will come along soon. And hey, I got thru those 6 hours wanting to drink but yet didn't. And any day I can add to my sober time isn't such a bad one after all...
Old 10-01-2012, 07:28 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Stay in today...It'll work out Quit.