Notices

Biochemical Factors in Alcoholism

Old 08-04-2010, 09:54 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Wpainterw...I didn't really focus on what she said regarding AA in that part of the article...elsewhere she gives a lot of credit to the help AA provided her in her early sobriety, she just disagrees with it as far as long term help.

Murray, I am going to try and find that book as well:-)
Old 08-04-2010, 10:20 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hello LaFemme
I just joined this forum today and oddly enough I read that article that this thread is about and found it fascinating. Thanks for the post. For me having a scientific explanation for what is happening inside that makes me crave alcohol is very important. I will buy her book. I'm not sure if 12 step is for me, I've done a lot of research that perhaps may point me in another direction. However, I'm sure just listening and talking in a group setting could bring a lot of relief. I've been to a couple of small group meetings at work and I do feel much better after.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:02 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

That was a really interesting article. Thanks for sharing. It's a lot to digest, but I always appreciate any outside influence that can help me stop mentally berating myself for being so weak (or insert any other derogatory thing I can call myself) as to struggle with recovery.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:50 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Just read another interesting article about Biochemical Factors in alcoholism. This talks about hypoglycemia and food allergy's and how when those factors are addressed then recovery becomes much easier.

An Alternative Alcoholism Treatment - Diet and Nutrition