Notices

Half Pint botlle

Old 11-26-2009, 07:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Half Pint botlle

A half pint bottle of vodka is my limit anything more and I lose control and drink to excess. I had friends that dont have a problem with alcohol I know thats hard to believe. I ask how much you usually drink and the common reply would be 2 beers (equivalent as a half pint of vodka). It is the threshold. Anything more than THIS then of course you are going to run back to buy more alcohol and say you are weak and special. Oh yeah dont drink everyday let a day or two pass. I do respect those who are trying to quit. We have choices.
Old 11-26-2009, 07:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I've tested that theory MANY times in MANY ways. I am an alchoholic. For me there is no safe in drink.
Old 11-26-2009, 07:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

One drink is my threshold so I am not going there.

When I was drinking, I did not bother with buying half pints. I bought the biggest bottle of vodka available.
Old 11-26-2009, 07:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I often wonder why people who moderate come to a recovery board. If it works for you ..cool. But relize where you are.
Old 11-26-2009, 07:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

After 6 years of sobriety, I "tested" myself and pretty much instantly was addicted again. One drink and the monster takes over- it becomes an obsession.
Old 11-26-2009, 08:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Heathen

So, about 3 weeks ago you posted here that you drink once a month.

Then about 2 weeks ago you posted here that you want to quit drinking.

Now you say you drink every few days.

1/2 pint of vodka is NOT equivalent to two beers, more like 5 or 6... not that it matters.

You're right, we do have choices. I choose to be sober and not obsess about alcohol anymore, like you seem to do. That is a hellish way to live, in my opinion.. but how you live and how you drink is totally up to you.

What can WE help you with? This is a sobriety and recovery board. Most of us are sober, or are wanting to be.

I have read all of your posts, some of which have been deleted. I'm curious as to what you want, other than to continue talking about how you think you have your drinking all figured out for yourself. Other than telling a group of people in recovery about how you drink, and how you enjoy what you drink.. do you have a question or two about recovery from alcoholism?

I find it a little disrespectful for you to continue posting here again and again (most of which are quickly deleted) about how you drink and how it's not a problem, there are people here that are struggling.

Do you need help??
Old 11-26-2009, 08:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm with bananagrl. I'd buy more than a half pint just getting warmed up. I even toured the factory where they make my former drink of choice in Kentucky. I was a serious fan. Just more of the craziness that being an alcoholic does to you.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

To smacked. I am only helping with stuff I know called advice. If no one cares what I say fine at least I feel in my mind good that I try to help the lost. I been drinking since 19##, yes I know this is a place for to quitting. I hope for the best for everyone. I am not jealous or angry of sober folks, you do what you want. This is my last post I am never going to come here again. The best of luck.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

friend...dont do the "we" unless you have experienced what i have..

you think you have a choice....thats great i respect that....

but only as your experience.........not mine also.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Deckard97 View Post
To smacked. I am only helping with stuff I know called advice. If no one cares what I say fine at least I feel in my mind good that I try to help the lost. I been drinking since 19##, yes I know this is a place for to quitting. I hope for the best for everyone. I am not jealous or angry of sober folks, you do what you want. This is my last post I am never going to come here again. The best of luck.
well please come back if you wanna do something about your drinking.........or would like to share "your"..experience.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:38 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Last year at this time I told myself I wasn't an alcoholic and tested the waters after 2 weeks sober. I had 2 drink the first night, none the next, by the third night I had almost 3 bottles of wine and can't remember that night. Next morning I woke up and drank straight out of the wine bottle to "feel better" while hiding from my Husband. That was my bottom and my last drink. I will have a year sober next week and am thankful for that.

1 drink, one SIP for me is too many. Moderation doesn't work...
Old 11-26-2009, 09:40 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You sound drunk. I feel better now that I don't have to worry about my threshold or obsess about how many drinks I can have to still be perceived as a normal drinker.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:47 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

If 1 12 oz. beer = 1 8 oz. glass of wine = 1.5 oz. of vodka....

Then 1/2 pint of vodka = 5.33333 beers.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:49 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

What bothers me about this is someone could think "Hmm, I thought I was an alcoholic but this person says I can moderate. Maybe I'll try that" and end up dead.
For some of us to drink is to die.
I'm happy for you but your advice on a recovery board is absurd. That is my humble opinion.