Notices

what a change

Old 03-19-2009, 02:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

what a change

This is the hardest change i've made. there have been so many things i've been through that where so much easier than this. the thing is this isn't my first time. i went sober and stayed off for six months. hurt my back and here came the pain killers again. now this time trying to stay off the pills is harder. why? i just don't understand. i have anxiety now, my depression is worse, and my mood swings are awful. I have a husband and a beautiful 3 year old daughter i need to be there for. i have got to snap out of it and God willing get over this hump. any suggestions?
Old 03-19-2009, 02:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

I used to feel the same way
i got a Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous,took the steps described inside,and mine has went away
some occasional anxiety,but mainly ,the depression and mood swings are gone
What you are going thru is what a lot of newcomers suffer thru at first.It took time and the 12 steps for me.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Blueeyes,

Welcome!

I know that recovering from my addiction has definitely been the hardest thing I've ever done. But, it's also been the most amazing journey.

I don't know why it's harder getting off the pills, but I think that each time we relapse, the recovery is that much more difficult.

Have you talked to your dr and gotten his advice?

Take a look around the forums and I think you will be inspired.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
6/20/08

You're right....you do have to snap out of it. Please do that NOW, so your daughter has the benefit of a sober parent and not an addict. I mean that with the utmost respect.

And, welcome to SR....keep reading and posting. There is a lot of good advice here.