Notices

Smelling like alcohol when you haven't been drinking

Old 07-25-2015, 02:00 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Originally Posted by lostsoul82 View Post
I try not get a resentment but it's the second time my sponsor has had someone from the fellowship say that they thought they smelt alcohol on me however I have had to yet again prove otherwise? Any help or guidance? I will keep doing what I'm determined to do, I got to 9 months last time.
to SR.
Not to worry you but you might want to get a medical checkup. Smelling of alcohol is sometimes a side effect of diabetes associated when blood sugar is not being processed correctly.
Old 07-25-2015, 02:33 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thank you for the comments. Yes I'm in a twelve step fellowship. My sponsor listened to what I had to say, I will write it in my inventory however I just wanted to hear any identication or guidance
Old 07-25-2015, 02:41 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Maybe worth getting it checked out just to rule out diabetes as the other person suggested x well done on your progress and i hope all is well x
Old 07-25-2015, 02:50 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Trudgin

I try not get a resentment but it's the second time my sponsor has had someone from the fellowship say that they thought they smelt alcohol on me however I have had to yet again prove otherwise? Any help or guidance? I will keep doing what I'm determined to do, I got to 9 months last time.
Great job on 69 days!! Well done!

Just so you know that AA has a sense of humor, btw - page 69 in the book deals with what other than ..........sex conduct.

There does exist the possibility that someone is being untruthful - that could be the other member(s) who said that to your sponsor, or could it be your sponsor pushing your buttons because they are suspicious ( wrongly so).

Just a thought.........

Truth just is - I'd look em straight in the eye and say that's not factual. I don't drink and leave it at that. We have enough to work on getting sober without concerning ourselves about wagging tongues or untruths from others.

Glad your here with us!!
keep coming back!
Old 07-25-2015, 04:33 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Lostsoul, welcome!

I know it took my vehicle a long time to stop smelling like alcohol sweat. Could it be that?
Old 07-25-2015, 10:54 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JerryFish View Post
It's detox. I've had something like that as well in the beginning. My sweat smelled weird. In hindsight it could have had an alcohol smell as well. It reminds me of when I quit (heavy) smoking. The first couple of days, my sweat smelled like tar.

Btw, are you planning to get sober?

P.S. Do go see your doctor.

Thats exactly what it is, hes sweating the alcohol out of his pores. I had this happen to me, this smell made me sick, it was everywhere. House, Car, street etc. Drink lots of water and flush your system it will go away...
Old 07-25-2015, 11:35 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thanks. Feel more at peace with it now I've aired it. I was warned of the unfortunates that feel like they need to continue to harm others in early recovery.
I'm concerned about the doctors though?
Old 07-26-2015, 12:38 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thanks. Feel more at peace with it now I've aired it. I was warned of the unfortunates that feel like they need to continue to harm others in early recovery.
I'm concerned about the doctors though?
What specifically are you concerned about?
Old 07-26-2015, 12:40 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Btw, I've googled the US version of Google and if you search for "alcohol tester" you'll find cheap testers that you can use to show people that you haven't had anything to drink. To take away all doubt.
Old 07-26-2015, 01:01 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

at 69 days there's something else going on I think. I hope you do get that checkup lostsoul

Just remember - if you're sober, you don't have to prove anything to anyone.

If people in your life are being negative, maybe it's worth looking around for more positive folks?

D
Old 07-26-2015, 03:19 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Dee74;5482606]at 69 days there's something else going on I think. I hope you do get that checkup lostsoul

Just remember - if you're sober, you don't have to prove anything to anyone.

If people in your life are being negative, maybe it's worth looking around for more positive folks?

Thanks again been great help. I don't choose who's in the rooms but I can correct the way that I feel. Also there is know doubt on my part in what I do. Keeps me coming back stronger.