Notices

stinkin' thinkin' ...

Old 10-28-2008, 05:06 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Morning Ksplash and stoney!

I'm glad you both made it in to see your dr's. I'm also glad you stayed sober. Hopefully, today your headaches will lessen.

Thanks for the reminder about the headaches. I had them, also. Mine were allergy related and relieved with over the counter meds. I guess my sinuses were even protesting the absense of alcohol in my system.

Keep posting.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:12 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I overdid it on Sunday and am having some pain now (I know I know I should follow the dr.s orders) But the wierd part is I've been hurting for over a day and only just after reading your posts from last night remembered tha it might help if I took some ibiprofen...

thanks.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:28 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

K - congrats on 15 days! I'm glad you are feeling better too!
Old 10-28-2008, 06:50 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

When I got out of rehab 70 days ago, I decided to take it slow. Not to push myself and listen to what my body was telling me. If all I could do when I got up was get to a meeting...then to me I accomplished something. I also napped more than ususal. Just pat yourself on the back for staying sober and each little thing (no matter how little) that you do each day!.

Hope this helps!
Old 10-28-2008, 10:58 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

today is going nicely

I enjoyed a wonderfully empowering aa meeting during lunch...glad i went

i have good plans tonight.

My goal today....my only goal is to BE CLEAN--to stay clean/sober

i have to charge at recovery when i feel good, so that i can make it through headaches, heartaches, and urges. I can also REST in recovery. Lean back a little bit and quiet my mind and listen to the love and the miracle that exists in every moment..

einstein said "either everything is a miracle or nothing is a miracle"...that resonates with the truth in my heart these days.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:54 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
getting there

Great job on your days, Ksplash! I remember when you were struggling to put two days together, this is fantastic! Sounds like you are well on your way.

Old 10-28-2008, 01:37 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hey ksplash - Thanks for the thread. It seems like today, I'm at where you were yesterday. It's day 15 for me too. I have been exhausted, but keep pushing to go to a meeting, work and log on here each day.

Today I woke up with a bad headache. Not a migraine, just a dull pounding.
I think I'm making it worse then it is because it reminds me of my hangover head aches, and this scares me. I haven't drank in two weeks and I'm feeling crummy LIKE I HAVE been drinking. I don't know if that makes any sense. My mind is telling me I don't have to go to a meeting today. I'm tired, I don't feel good, I need to rest.

No, no and NO again. I'm going to go to a six PM meeting tonight. No matter what. Just a little shook about how this disease works.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:45 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

MAGIC....yes it can be rough...i remember when i was a couple of weeks sober and was having the same vomiting that I had prior to stoping drinking...a part of me wanted to give up...I was like...whats the point. I would go out in the courtyard in the mornings and from 6-6:30 people knew I would just be crying and that I would get over it and go on....

It was worth getting through it...i havent gotten sick to the stomach in about 4 months now and it had been about 4 months before that that i had been sick before....after about 6 weeks sober I had very little problem.

So stick it out cause if you drink it will end up getting worse not better!
Old 10-28-2008, 01:48 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thanks Ananda. Nope, I'm not going to drink. I am going to the six Pm meeting no matter how rotten I feel. Thanks for the support.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:26 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Way to go on 15 days Ksplash!! Woo hoo!!

Your headaches might be from 'resting on your laurels' - try a pillow! It'd be more comfortable than laurels!

I knew you could do it, laurels or no laurels! I'm proud of you!!

:ghug3
Old 10-28-2008, 02:29 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Black and Yellow

LOL! I just had to look up the word "laurels"!!

15 Days is awesome!!
Old 10-28-2008, 02:30 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Magic, a special Woo Hoo for you! 15 days is fantastic! I know the feeling of feeling 'sick' as if I'd been drinking. Still have too many days I wake up with a headache and/or feeling nauseated. I've been living on Advil and Pepto Bismol! But haven't picked up a drink, even when I've had a craving or two, or felt so depressed I wanted to be numb. I know better than that and seems you do too!

Old 10-28-2008, 02:51 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by K
I can also REST in recovery. Lean back a little bit and quiet my mind and listen to the love and the miracle that exists in every moment..
Being able to rest and just 'be' is a great thing K. I hope your day went well. I went to counseling and my meeting so it was a good day for me. Wasn't quite as tired as I have been.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:27 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

nice to come here at the end of the day and continue listening to you all.

I'm very satisfied with my recovery focus today. the meetings, one aa phone call, some suppoprt contact on email, writing, reading, honest sharing with my work partner, I set up an appointment with my therapist for tomorrow, and i put in for vacation on friday so that i can attend a meditation gathering and some sharing after with my new yoga friends.

welp...i'm gonna turn in...thanks SR
Old 10-28-2008, 07:44 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I am so happy your doing so well Kspalsh.
I cant even put into words how much I like to see you doing well.
HUGS.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:21 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Go K5, trudge that road!