Notices

30 days today!

Old 09-26-2008, 03:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up 30 days today!

Hello all, I had been here before, and never made it past two days. This time, with the help of God, my family's support and pictures of my two little sons everywhere in the house, I have done what I had not acomplished since I was 16, now being 34...more than 5 days sober, today it is 30 days, an I am feeling stronger than ever...Yes, I am on Xanax and Lisinopril due to my high blood pressure and anxiety, but it's helped. I have also lost 14 pounds, no more red face and swelling at work, no more hangovers, peace at home, and family love and trust, everyone beleives me now, they don't doubt. Anyway, came by to tell you that there is hope, God Bless you! he will be your rock!
:ghug2
Old 09-26-2008, 03:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
smileyologist and lord of bees

Way to go, glad you're feeling better. Keep up the good work.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Congrats to you on 30 days! 8That is awesome!

Glad that you are feeling better
Old 09-26-2008, 04:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
live to ride ride to live

A big congrats to you
One day at a time
Old 09-26-2008, 04:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

welcome to SR, gld your back
Old 09-26-2008, 04:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
not a greeter

30 days is awesome. I know you didn't post much but I do remember seeing your user name. Glad to have you back .
Old 09-26-2008, 04:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Red Face...

That was one of my worst physical signs that I was an alcoholic....years ago they used to call them wine sores....I just told people I had adult acne...the games alcoholics play!!!!

I was ashamed of my red face and it took nine months to go away for me. I still remember how the members of AA made notice of how good I looked when my red face was gone!

There are a lot more benefits for you to come by being sober. Life is so much better....no guilt, worries about money to buy alcohol, or if people are talking behind your back about how much you drink....or others minding your business when it is none of their business.

The very best is if the family unit can all get well together. Alcohol issues affect the whole family and it might take the whole family being on the same page for everyone to get well. Trust is the hardest one. My youngest daughter would be waiting on the porch for me to get home from my AA Meetings in the beginning even though I did all of my drinking at home...she took a while to be able to trust Mom.

kelsh :ghug2
Old 09-26-2008, 05:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
tangled up in blue

That is a very hard goal to attain. Congrats!!
Old 09-26-2008, 05:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on your 30 sober days, achieved one day at a time!

:ghug3
Old 09-26-2008, 07:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks guys and God Bless you all. I used to tell people it was adult acne as well , the problem with my red face. My seven and nine year old now tell about how I used to pass out and be mean when I was completely wasted and laid out on the couch while they played video games, I never hit them but was being loud with them and just being an abnoxious person. Now they hug me and smell me, and know. The little guy (at least for the first two weekends that I was sober) would follow me to the bathroom, bedroom and everywhere he could, I couln not even pee alone, keeping his little eyes open for tiny brandy bottles hidden in my pockets. Now, he sees me and hugs me, smells me and today ay his football game he even said, "Wow, belly is all gone, you got new shoes and I am so happy you are my daddy". His mom, who somewhat knew about my problem (15-20 tiny brandy bottles per day) just smiled and said, "31 days tomorrow right? we're all counting"...
God Bless you all, IT CAN BE DONE!
It does not take anything but will and -ladies pardon my french- a lot of balls you men out there...TONS OF BALLS, because you can endure a hangover, you really can! And if they are that bad then go to you local doctor IF YOU ARE BEING HONEST and not lying to everyone for a few days before you pick up the next bottle, and the WILL GIVE YOU MEDS, like Xanax o Vicodine. I now taste food, I dring 12 bottles of water per day, I eat healthy, and can almost feel normal for once in over 15 years.
STARE AT A PHOTO OF YOUR KIDS BEFORE THE NEXT BOTTLE...DO IT! Do you want them to be raised by someone else because you were a coward?
Think about it....
:ghug2
Old 09-26-2008, 07:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congrats and good luck to you and your family.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:05 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Congratulations!
Old 09-26-2008, 08:27 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

hey congrats!keep up the good work..it only gets better.