Notices

Day 2

Old 04-09-2009, 06:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2

Hi everyone,

I've been browsing the internet for months, reading up, looking for something to help me, give me thoughts, ideas, hope on HOW I can possibly get off my addiction, to percocets. I have tried to quit 3times, the longest i've gone is 4days, relapsed on my 4th... Here I am, day 2 done & gone, well almost. my aches are so bad, I'm laying in bed & not moving till the morning!

It all started last summer, a "friend" gave me a perk. After that, it was all downhill, being an addict from the past (bad cocaine addiction back when I was 19/20) that I kicked cold turkey. I just never went back, never wanted back....I should have known better..I had gone 3yrs completely sober, from everything! And I had to take that damn pill...I want to cry I am so disgusted with myself.

I've been taking perks for 9mths, every single day, up to 14 a day at my peak and about 2-5 a day the last 2weeks...been trying hard to wean myself..I want this, bad.
Reality hurts, 9mths felt like it flew by, probably because I was stonned all the time...

Well, it's come down to this, I am 25. Engagged to a wonderful , sober, man. I have a gorgeous 3yr old boy, a new job, AND my fiance and I are trying to get pregnant...so, for all these reasons and my own health... I HAD to quit, no more, never....

I'm on day 2.

This has given me hope and drive in itself. I know this is it, this is the end of my perks habit...I am strong and with this reason behind me I WILL do it..especially if I get a positive test, or even while trying to conceive (as of yesterday) ..I won't touch them...but I'm an emmotional basket case, I've been crying and arguing with him all day, he's out of town working and I feel like the biggest neediest b#$% out there, he's out makin money, and i"m here withdrawing, which he doesn't get at all. I am depressed, sore, gastro issues, and more depressed....how long will this last? I was able to work yesterday and today, day 1 and 2. I left early today and i've been getting worse since the afternoon, tried working out but my body is so sore, I am exhausted but I can't sleep, eveything hurts..god..I have to be better by day 5, back to work...

thnks for lettin me vent, glad I found u all
Old 04-09-2009, 07:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Welcome! Glad you are here. Congrats on 2 days. Sorry, I am not familiar with perc addiction, but just wanted to let you know this is a great place for support. Hang around awhile. Also, you might want to check with a DR just to be safe.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome tykat,
Glad to see you are taking action on a Perc problem. Sorry but I do not have any experience here. But what I do know is that Doctors are understanding, helpful and can keep you safe. It is worth the visit, especially if you are thinking of having a baby (how wonderful, congrats!).
Good Luck!!
Old 04-10-2009, 03:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I also don't have any experience with Perc but welcome to SR and congradulations on 2 days, keep it up
Old 04-10-2009, 04:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome!!