Notices

hi there!! (another newbie)

Old 02-16-2007, 09:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hi there!! (another newbie)

hi to everyone. i'm on day 2 and really scared. i haven't had the shakes or the sweats yet but i'm having sharp pains in my abdoment and after being warned that my liver functioning was very high 6 months ago i'm totally worried that i have cirrohsis(sp?). the sharp pains jolt me awake when i'm trying to sleep but i'm too scared to see my doctor. i'm a completely healthy person otherwise (physically at least) so i fear i've just about drank myself to death now and all that is missing is an official diagnosis. the sad thing is i've kept my job, friendships, and other relationships together through my years of drinking but i think i've "mortgaged" my body past the point of rescue.

this post seems so self centred and i truly apologize for that. from the other threads i've read there are so amazingly intellegent & compassionate people here i look forward to getting to know better.

thanx you

x
Old 02-16-2007, 09:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

welcome!!

i am so glad to see you are here with us.
it may be a good idea tp see a healthcare provider for a checkup and for support in detox, so you can be healthy and worry free.

do you have a plan for stayting sober?

I attend aa meetings, and come here to sr, and read the big book quite alot. i also meditate and do yoga on a daily basis for centering and balance. it works for me.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Midas

Welcome aboard, Mercurial Me. We're glad you're here! Please see a doctor about the pains. Pain is not good. Being scared is normal though!! Not getting a professional opinion is even worse.

Hang in there!

Old 02-16-2007, 09:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thank you for that! i've tried going to AA meetings & AADAC i just feel that people can't relate to me as i'm not comfortable divulging too much personal info. i've purchased a ton of my fav non-alcoholic beverages to try and get me through. i've been the equivalent of a "sober drunk" for the past 6 years as i've drank just about every morning, noon, and night & it just became part of who I was. i am scared ******** to go see my doctor. on one hand after my test results 6 months ago he thought i had hep C because of my liver functioning and then when i admitted to him i had an alcohol problem he didn't seem too concerned and he told me to work on my spirituality. thanx for your response, i'm such a stew of emotions right now. what i've always used to dissipate my stress i fear has now destroyed my body
Old 02-16-2007, 09:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

welcome to sr...you have found a wonderful place for support.....

don't be afraid to see a doctor....detox can cause many symptoms, and can be made easier with medical care....at the very least, you can put your mind at ease.....

once again welcome....i'm so glad you found SR.....you will find tons of advice and support here....
Old 02-16-2007, 09:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Midas

After you DO quit, much of the damage will slowly begin healing. Even after a couple of weeks, you may notice your body beginning to repair itself.

Old 02-16-2007, 09:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome!

I agree with the others about seeing a doctor for a good physical exam and please be honest with him. We can only get help when we're honest. I hope you'll keep coming back to share here. We care and we'd like toget to know you better, too.

Have you thought about attending an AA meeting? The sooner the better. The more meetings, the better! If you continue to drink, everything will get progressively worse, you can be sure of that. So stay away from that first drink, no matter what!

Good luck and hope to hear from you again soon.
luv2all
Old 02-16-2007, 09:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Midas

As to "divulging too much personal info..." That's entirely up to you. The group will rarely, if ever, pressure you to disclose more information than you're willing to reveal. Anonymity is essential to group unity.

Old 02-16-2007, 09:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

thank you all very much for the responses. my goal is to get healthy enough that i may be able to provide some support to others here someday. bless you all for listening and for the advice
Old 02-16-2007, 09:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

i hope you reach that goal.....good luck, hon...
Old 02-16-2007, 10:30 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi and Welcome to SR!
Old 02-17-2007, 11:12 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I made it through the night and I have considerably less pain today. Made an appointment with my physician and no cravings so far today. Thanks again everyone for the warm welcome & support
Old 02-17-2007, 11:22 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

YAY mercurial-me!! Keep going, your doing great! Congrats on the start of day 3!! I'm on day 9, just barely ahead of you. We can do this together, all of us.

One day at a time. Even 1 hour or minute at times. We know exactly how you feel. Keep writing and let us know how your day is coming along. Drink lots of water and try to eat a lot in the beginning days too, it really helps a ton!!
Old 02-17-2007, 12:32 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi mercurial & welcome,
its good that youv'e made an app to see the doc.He will be able to help with your phsical recovery but only you can start on your mental recovery.By being here other addicts will tell you what has helped them,so keep reading & posting to pick up the tools needed along the way.

chris.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:49 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Welcome to SR
Old 02-17-2007, 10:09 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Welcome. I'm new to this, too, but I certainly feel like I'm in the right place! There was nothing self-centered about your post----you just have concerns, and that's understandable. My sister is the R.N. in my family, so I can't answer your medical concerns, but not knowing is sometimes scary, too, so you should see your M.D. Good luck!