Administrator

Class of March 2016 part 56

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-55-a-20.html

D
Old 08-07-2017, 02:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Shotgun!!! Thanks D. I've been waiting all day for this moment.
Old 08-07-2017, 05:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Mornin' Marchers. I hope everybody survived the weekend ok. I'm startin' out the day right. A big ole cuppa' startin' fluid! LOL
Old 08-07-2017, 06:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Me too, BBG.

Thanks, Dee.

Hey Mish! Congratulations on Shotgun!

Today's agenda: Work. (trying to figure out how to be independently wealthy) Taking my dog to the vet. My husband gets home, he's home tonight, then off tomorrow morning. I used to look for these times to drink, now I just miss my husband. Go figure.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 08-07-2017, 06:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

August 7, 2017
– NATIONAL PURPLE HEART DAY
– NATIONAL LIGHTHOUSE DAY
– NATIONAL RASPBERRIES ‘N CREAM DAY
Old 08-07-2017, 11:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. I slept in a little bit this morning, my headache is lingering but not as bad as last night. A few more oil applications and it should be gone. I'm just going to be taking it easy today.

How is everyone doing today?
Old 08-07-2017, 11:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Glad your headache is subsiding, PR.
Old 08-07-2017, 11:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

To have one's individuality completely ignored is like being pushed quite out of life. Like being blown out as one blows out a light.

—Evelyn Scott

We need to know that we matter in this life. We need evidence that others are aware of our presence. And thus, we can be certain that others need the same attention from us. When we give it, we get it. So the giving of attention to another searching soul meets our own need for attention as well.

Respectful recognition of another's presence blesses her, God, and ourselves. And we help one another grow, in important ways, each time we pay the compliment of acknowledgment.

We're not sure, on occasion, just what we have to offer our friends, families, co-workers. Why we are in certain circumstances may have us baffled, but it's quite probable that the people we associate with regularly need something we can give them; the reverse is just as likely. So we can begin with close attention to people in our path. It takes careful listening and close observation to sense the message another soul may be sending to our own.

I will be conscious of the people around me. I shall acknowledge them and be thankful for all they are offering me.
Old 08-07-2017, 12:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

PhoenixJ - may your new home always feel safe and welcoming to you
Old 08-07-2017, 02:12 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Phoenix!!! It's moving day!! Don't work too hard, take it easy. I'm really excited for you!
Old 08-07-2017, 02:46 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Happy moving day Phoenix :-)
Old 08-07-2017, 02:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

40 minutes until the lazy staff get here at 0800. I have been up since last year. Final post in address 6.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:31 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hello friends

Hope the move is going well, PJ

Watching "Intervention" ~ Whoa, this show is intense! Gonna make a cup of Sleepytime tea & close out day 2. Thanks everyone for continuing to put up with me!
Old 08-07-2017, 06:59 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hello friends. Backslid on sobriety once again so starting over once again. It is what it is. I need to do more and yet I don’t. No reasonable explanation exists for the consistent waffling.

The job thing remains an open question. Had an official interview last week and likely will have another this week or next. Am also setting up a meeting with someone who can give me some advice and perspective. As it stands, it doesn’t seem like a good idea to pursue this while sobriety remains elusive. Just exploring options at this point it seems. Will see what my colleague says in the meeting.

Hope the move is going well, PJ.

Sounds pretty cool, Purp. Sorry you’re back at day two.

I’ve missed everyone else but I’m still quite scattered so lengthy posts and I are not necessarily allies at this time. Love to all.
Old 08-08-2017, 12:27 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Be peaceful and kind to your self 13th.

All moved in. 30 walking shuttle trips. Moving with a car in 1 go would have been quicker. Everything plugged in, turned on and connected. Lease signed. Scrubbed old unit obsessively- so staff happy, as it is their job- self respect to me.
This place is in my name- I have not had a rental for 30 years. So ambivalent - but happy all done. I unpacked everything- so no more to do.
Old 08-08-2017, 01:22 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

^
Old 08-08-2017, 02:25 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

PHOENIX
Old 08-08-2017, 02:48 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Everyone doing okay?!? Pretty quiet in here......
Old 08-08-2017, 03:12 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Morning class!!

PJ - congrats on the new place!! So happy for you!

Hi Thirteenth! Glad to see you here

It is quiet in here Purplrks. Where the heck is everyone?

On my way to work. Should be an alright day. Picking up a new car tonight so that's a little exciting. Haven't had a new, new car in a very long time.

Well I'm off. Happy Tuesday! Hope to see more people check in soon!!
Old 08-08-2017, 04:06 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Thankyou Sam. Sam, did you know in St Louis they have an arch- the gate way to the west that is over 600 feet high? The water is brown (Missouri, not the Missy), they make 30,000 corn pipes (the Gen. D. Mc. sort) around there parts a week, make German beer and was named after the King of French-land? It was bought from Boneapart -used to be a French land colony_ by T. Jefferson. And he never was on the Apprentice either.
There is a British Toff. travelling around 'merr-ca on trains- using a Victorian train guide (b>>tard)- and that thar is a' wot heez a sayin'. (yuk).

As opposed to Adelaide- where we make wine, wine and wine- the river here gets drained in the city every 2 or 3 years from algal blooms (The Torrens), if the trendites do not have a coffee shop within a 30 heartbeat walk- therapy is needed..and if you put 'street' or 'urban' or 'art' in front of something, you can charge double the price.

Interesting 2 perceptions of my 2 br (or 1 br and an art room) unit. When signing the lease- a staffie had to drive me to the Salvo's HQ, out of the city- the staffie and the lease provider lady competed- over who had spent the most time in London (living_ and the fact my unit is 'so nice - even if it is small'. Then later another staffie said to me this unit is quite big. Which I agree with.

The guy on tele is now outside the Jefferson City Penitentiary, looks like a huge castle.
Tomorrow have to change all the addresses, counseling, a meeting and stuff. HAVE to buy a new canvas- or- no, I might lash out and buy some proper linen/cotton weave art paper- for acryllic. The art work I like the most is this size (B2). The cheapie bleached art paper from the cheapie discount shops- wrinkles and buckles in on itself when paint dries on it. Good for a practice run. I think when I am qwertying.