Notices

Class of March 2016 part 56

Old 08-19-2017, 07:38 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Good morning all! I had a wild and crazy Friday night, I was asleep by 9pm. Such a party animal. I had some crazy dreams though. I dreamt one of my teeth fell out and when it did it was black and all up inside was black. Gross 🤢 I wonder what that means. Just for the record, I do not have black teeth! 😝

I must hit Costco today.....on a Saturday.....Lord help me 😬

Have a happy Saturday everyone, time for some startin fluid!
Old 08-19-2017, 09:00 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Hey guys!

Long run done. Spending time with my sister again today. When I go there it's just us. When she comes here I have to share her. Aw well.

Hugs, Kiki.
Hugs, PHX.

Sad is okay. It's temporary. Prayers are with you.

Have a good day, guys!
Old 08-19-2017, 01:23 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Gosh, a little aha moment that reading glasses makes reading this site on my phone much easier! From the Book of Duh...but wow! I've missed the mobile app since it was torn asunder.

PJ - that must have been hard. I've never been good at turning corners, even when they are evitable. Kindness and support to you. I admire your strength.

Dee - Curious if you've ever had formal professional training for your work here? You're really good at it!

Purple - have a decent day at work too!

Pelagic - cleaning out my dads garage someday keeps me awake at night. It's not only his junk but his father's junk too. 80 years of must-have treasures accumulated by two pack rats. Hope it goes ok! And 44 days is amazing too!!

Mish - sleep well

Lb - Saturdays and little kids is a nice thought.

PR - Saturdays and Costco...not so much! God speed!

Today's goals: walking, fresh air, organize my closet. Reading the newspaper on my patio and going out to dinner with my family. More walking. I'm feeling a lot better on day 10. This is usually when I stumble. So..shields up!

Have a great Saturday!
Old 08-19-2017, 01:34 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Man I've been doing this Costco thing wrong for many years. I got there about 5 minutes after they opened, my husband stayed home with the kids and there weren't many people there! They don't open until 9:30 and my kids are up at the butt crack of dawn so I had been up for hours before they even opened. I think Saturday mornings are going to be my Costco days from now on.
Old 08-19-2017, 03:48 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Good morning everyone. x
Old 08-19-2017, 04:15 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Hi everyone ~ man, I am pooped! I even fell asleep earlier & I'm still ready to collapse. When did I become a morning person?!? That's kind of annoying!

Hoping to hear from you soon, Kiki
Old 08-20-2017, 01:58 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  

HEY!!! WHERE THE HECK IS EVERYONE?!?!?
Old 08-20-2017, 03:00 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Morning all. Sorry to be MIA. Just working out some stuff.

Having my oldest daughter and her boyfriend over for breakfast so better get up and get the bacon started.

Will be back later.
Old 08-20-2017, 03:24 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Hmmm. Thought I had bacon....turns out it's turkey bacon. Think they'll notice the difference?
Old 08-20-2017, 03:38 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Purpl, the good news: I think we can make you an official member of AAMP, The Association for the Advancement of Morning Persons. The bad news: it's often an age-related condition, and you will bore everybody after 9 PM because you just want to go to bed.

Sam, good to see you. Stay strong. EVERYONE notices if it's turkey bacon. Add some pepper and tell them it's the new kind without nitrites and nitrates. It might work.

Barred Owls again. They call to each other before settling down for the day in separate trees.

Last day in the country. Tomorrow heading home, but I hope to see the eclipse somewhere on the road. They say it will be 93% here (nice), but I'll be driving away from totality.

Sounds like a movie title: Leaving Totality.

Have a good Sunday everyone. Stay sober.
Old 08-20-2017, 03:51 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Mornin' everybody. Just checkin' in. Not having a good weekend!
Old 08-20-2017, 03:58 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Pelagic - enjoy your last day in the country. Sounds pretty serene. The eclipse for us will only be around 75% but it will still be quite something to see.

BBG - I'm with you on the not a great weekend. But we are here and moving in the right direction. Hugs.
Old 08-20-2017, 05:37 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone.

BeerbGone I'm sorry you're having a rough weekend. We are all here for you if you want to talk about it.
Old 08-20-2017, 05:42 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't feel very good at it today Lillian but no, no training.
Thanks for the kind words

D
Old 08-20-2017, 06:29 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  

I saw an ad in the morning paper and thought of you folks with kids heading back to school:

"Moms Need Back-To-School Supplies Too"

It was an ad for melatonin.

We're here, BBG. Wishing you all the best for this day.
Old 08-20-2017, 06:45 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day 11. Prime number.

Slept good. Too good. So good I don't want to get up and go to work. But I'm doing it anyways.

Sorry some of you are having a rough weekend. Don't drink. It ain't the answer.
Old 08-20-2017, 08:03 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  

BBG, sorry you are having a tough weekend. Stick close and keep posting, no matter what is going on. Ok?!

Sam, I hope whatever you have going on is not too much or too bad. If the worst of it is the bacon dilemma, I think you'll be okay. For the record, yes they will notice the difference but they will eat it anyway

PR - getting up early is kind of cool. I've learned to enjoy being an early riser (well, on most days!).

Pelagic - leaving totality does sound like a movie title - it also sounds a little scary

Purps - I saw this the other day and thought of you! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgbNymZ7vqY

Dee - I think you are doing an awesome job here. Seriously, a very meaningful service for those of us who need help and direction and straight talk. Thank you.

Everyone else - have a great day!!
Old 08-20-2017, 10:04 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. We moved our son into college yesterday and it was harder than I thought. It took about 6 hours for the entire process but during that ENTIRE 6 hours I was in CONSTANT battle with my AV that actually had started whispering 2 days ago.

When we FINALLY had to leave him at the dorm and walk away I just bawled. So many questions, emotions etc. "Did I do a good job raising him?" "Will he want to ever come back home?" "Does he love me?" "Where did the time go?" "How could this be happening so fast?" "Will he be safe?"

To be 100% honest though, as much as I didn't want to drink yesterday, I knew I would. My disease will use ANY excuse to drink because I AM an alcoholic. Nothing "bad" happened yesterday and I still drank when I got home. Why? Because I am an alcoholic and that's currently my solution to EVERYTHING and has been for far too long.

Bottom line: I wanted to drink more than I wanted to stay sober and my oldest child leaving for college was the "perfect excuse". After all...that's what ALL parents do when they leave their kids at college, right? Um...NO!

I even got my husband to meet me at a bar! I went home after dropping my son off at college, dropped off my husband and 2 other kids at home & told them I needed some "alone time" to process things & call a friend. I drove straight to get a 6 pack of beer and sat in my car in a parking lot and slammed all 6 beers in an hour! And I didn't even feel buzzed!!! AT ALL! Why? Because I am an alcoholic & my disease is progressing!

After slamming those beers I convinced my husband to meet me at a bar right down the road to "celebrate". We both had 2 drinks and a shot at the bar and went home. As far as HE knew I drank "normally", right???

Well something hit me and I just told him the truth. I told him that I had pretty much been planning to drink all day and that I had slammed 6 beers before we even met at the bar. I told him I KNOW I am an alcoholic & he FINALLY agreed! For all these years he's been hesitant to say it. Probably because I hide it! He can't acknowledge what he doesn't know about!

As much as I'm disappointed in myself for drinking last night, I'm trying to look at the positives:
1. I realized that I will use ANY excuse to drink because I am an alcoholic! As much as I don't want to be, I AM and it's ok.
2. I have recommitted to AA for the face to face support I need & I will continue therapy twice a week. I will also stay active on SR.
3. I have realized once I take that first drink, I will NEVER be able to stop so I can't take that first drink! Ever!
4. My AV is a liar! This disease wants me dead!
5. I have PTSD and lots of trauma but I need to stop using that as an excuse to drink. YES it hurts! YES I have nightmares, flashbacks etc. but I am in therapy for that now....TWICE a week! And my therapy won't work if I am drinking!

Well....I'm still fighting! Never giving up! My name is Kiki and I AM an alcoholic.....and it's OK! I am not a bad person, I am a sick person. And I am going to get better! Love u guys.

Day 1.
Old 08-20-2017, 10:43 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Glad you're here with us Kiki. Hugs

Finishing up a couple loads of laundry and then I may just go sit outside and read. It's a gorgeous day.
Old 08-20-2017, 11:47 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  

KiKi - and for everyone - it's gone a bit quiet here, thread was on Page 3!