Old 07-30-2017, 08:48 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks chickchick

D
Old 07-30-2017, 09:07 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fishoutawatta View Post
Wow! Miss posting for a couple of days and what happens!? We go to the third iteration of the group! Yay!

So I did get back from camping, and went straight into "finish up all the work around the house before vacation ends" mode. That, and coupled with a neighbor's wedding, just ate up all the time.

Fortunately, I'm sticking to my commitments, at about day 18 now!

Someone asked me several days ago about camping meals. We don't have a go-to meal. But we do a lot of marinated meat dishes that we can freeze (which helps keep the cold chest, cold). Also, the meat then becomes sandwiches a day or two hence. Corn-on-the-cob can be wrapped in foil and grilled over the fire - YUM! I also make a grilled potato dish that's very easy (quarter the spuds, steam 'em for 20 minutes, toss them in olive oil, salt and pepper, and then grill them about 5-10 minutes. Breakfasts are pretty standard: french toast, scrambled eggs . . . and this time, fresh trout!

Welcome, by the way, to all the new folks, and congrats on milestones met for others. To all, hang in there! We can do this!
That was me asking about the meals Fish! Thank you!! Love your ideas! And a big congrats on Day 18!!! Woo Hoo!! Today was Day 19 for me, so we are right there together!
Old 07-30-2017, 11:30 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Hey all, just checking in...day 7 today!! Just finished my last nightshift so almost sleep time!!
Few hrs kip & then stuff to get ready for our family camping trip!!
Happy monday!😁😁
Old 07-31-2017, 01:45 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Good morning fellow Julyers ! There are quite a few of us on this thread now that are making a success of this - Well done to you all.

The problem I have is I don't have a plan. I'm getting quite bored being in the house on my own (think I've mentioned that my 11 year old daughter is refusing to speak to me or see me at the moment). I haven't got the motivation to do things on my own. Its school holidays in the UK at the moment and most of my friends are off work with their children so they are busy. I'm sure they would let me tag along but I don't like to be a burden.

I did push myself to go for a run yesterday and I think I will today. I'm also using my time in keeping the house in order, catching up on tv box sets and obviously keeping in touch with you n SR. This is not enough for me I want to start living my life but just don't know what to do or where to start - I think I'm stuck in a rut.

I do work full time normally (shift-work) but because of my depression I am off work. I am going to go back at the end of the month to get some normality back in my life but I needed to get my life back on track as my job is quite stressful and sometimes dangerous and there is no room for errors. These coming weeks I need to use the time to live life and not just exist - its just knowing where to start.

Anyway enough of me rambling - I'm going to get up and go for a run while the weather is dry and I'll catch up with you all later X

Anther problem is my diet - I am currently on Day 9 of sobriety and my diet has been awful. I am letting myself eat what I want at the moment because I don't want to put too many restrictions on myself.
Old 07-31-2017, 03:13 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Well, I hung my washing out and then went out for a run and the heavens emptied - got soaked to the skin and my washing needs to go in the machine again. Just got out of my soaking wet clothes and guess what the sun and blue sky decides to come back out again - Arghh !!!
Old 07-31-2017, 03:43 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Starting week 3

Good morning gang.

Hope everyone had happy and sober weekend. Just starting my third week. It will likely be a bit tough, with MrAV trying to trick me into having 'just a couple' whilst my wife and children are away for a couple of day. But with a bit of willpower and your support I'll get through it.
Old 07-31-2017, 03:45 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hi Susiegirl, I'm sorry that things are a bit out of whack for you today, but big congrats on your continued sobriety. It certainly takes some time to get our lives back on track, but I hope that you just attack it one day at a time. Getting back into your work routine, and maybe making a few improvements on your diet will help keep you moving forward. Thank you for sharing with us.
Old 07-31-2017, 04:00 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Starting Day 22 with a 7:00am dentist appointment (?!?!), followed by many preparations for a long-awaited trip to Chicago with my son tomorrow. Baseball game at the historic Wrigley Field, Shedd Aquarium, Chicago-style pizza, etc, etc. I love spending time with my 15 year old son, and it's great to be able to take him somewhere that he's never been.

Really grateful this morning for the things that I have, and the opportunity to start enjoying them, as the fog is lifting more and more every day. It's never too late to start over folks (Daisy?). I feel like my best years are definitely ahead of me, and I'll hit the 53 year milestone in September.

Best wishes to everyone today!
Old 07-31-2017, 04:07 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

I screwed up. Had 2 beers this weekend. Part of me is proud I didn't get wasted, the other part ashamed for messing up
Old 07-31-2017, 04:25 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Day 1. Had a few beers this weekend. Gotta get back on that horse.
Old 07-31-2017, 04:39 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Bananas and FallingLeaves

D
Old 07-31-2017, 05:08 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, I'm back from my brief travels. Had an amazing time at the beach especially. But ... some good news and bad news.

The bad news is I gave up and decided to buy some beers. Cold beer after a hot day at the beach just sounded perfect.

The good news is that buying beer was never quite convenient enough. So even though I decided to buy beer on about five separate occasions over two days, it was either overpriced where I was, or I couldn't be bothered to go shopping to get it, or I was too busy at that particular moment. So I didn't actually drink and alcohol and am starting Week 3.

I feel guilty anyway because I think that if I did drink I was going to stay quiet about it unless I really went off the rails. To the people who did have a few beers and were decent enough to post here about it, you have my respect and my thanks. Perhaps after reading your posts I would have had the courage to post as well.

And lastly, Susiegirl, do they have something like a Police Citizens Youth Club where you are? There's lots of activities like martial arts you can join, and it's very cheap because the government subsidizes it. Because it's non-profit the club leaders are usually really decent people too who are volunteering their time. Check one out and see what's on offer!

It's nice to be home, checking back on SR. Thanks for the posts everyone.
Old 07-31-2017, 05:16 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Thanks for the recommendation Rubaduck but no they don't do anything like that here unfortunately. I have a meeting this afternoon and when I get back later I'm going to surf the net to find out what is going on in my area to see if there is anything I can participate in X
Old 07-31-2017, 05:21 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ClearPath64 View Post
Starting Day 22 with a 7:00am dentist appointment (?!?!), followed by many preparations for a long-awaited trip to Chicago with my son tomorrow. Baseball game at the historic Wrigley Field, Shedd Aquarium, Chicago-style pizza, etc, etc. I love spending time with my 15 year old son, and it's great to be able to take him somewhere that he's never been.

Really grateful this morning for the things that I have, and the opportunity to start enjoying them, as the fog is lifting more and more every day. It's never too late to start over folks (Daisy?). I feel like my best years are definitely ahead of me, and I'll hit the 53 year milestone in September.

Best wishes to everyone today!
I'm about a week behind, sobriety wise, a couple months ahead of you age wise!

Mr AV is really shouting at me today! So thanks for the post, I had a great time with my son watching some motocross yesterday. Since I have removed the fog of alcohol from my life I have time and energy to engage and enjoy my life.

Thanks for reminding me and pointing me away from alcohol.
Old 07-31-2017, 05:23 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FallingLeaves View Post
Day 1. Had a few beers this weekend. Gotta get back on that horse.
Get back on that horse lady! But take your knitting needles, there are a few of us waiting for our Norwegian sweaters ;-)
Old 07-31-2017, 05:26 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Sober since 7/10/17

Good morning July'ers,

I went to a race Saturday and there was beer flowing everywhere. I made it through the whole event and them some how managed to talk myself into getting a six pack on the ride home. Starting over with hopefully a lesson learned. I need to stay away from events with any drinking for quite awhile.

Day 2
Old 07-31-2017, 05:58 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, day 26 now.

Had quite a busy day so far, woke up at 6am (not planned haha) went to the gym, then went and saw my brother, his girlfriend and their dog. After this I saw a friend that I haven't seen in about 4 years (used to be heavy on the party scene with me but he disappeared into the wilderness a few years back and now lives the quiet life also, he's just had a daughter and is loving life) and we walked his dogs across some moors. Now I'm off to meet my friend to go explore some abandoned building or something and later I'm driving to Plymouth with a different friend just for a change of scenery.
Old 07-31-2017, 06:07 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Awesome day, Sean. Congrats on 26 days!
Old 07-31-2017, 07:38 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Good morning all.

To those who drank, don't give up just start anew right now. Stick close to us.

Susie maybe volunteering somewhere like a food pantry?

Rubaduck, I'm glad you didn't drink!

Sean, sounds like you are having a great day with friends! Enjoy!

My oldest DS and I did a Harry Potter 4.1 mile virtual run this morning. My legs feel like they are going to fall off... But it was a fantastic time.
I'm now dying my hair. Something I should have done 2 months ago, drunk me didn't care how I looked though. We have some running around to do sometime today, my 3 boys need new soccer stuff. Soccer camp starts this evening and lasts all week. That will keep us busy. I anticipate it might bring on some cravings to smoke (which I also quit 9 days ago). I smoked alot at outdoors sports events for the kids. But I'll get thorough it.

I'll check in later. Have a great day all!