Notices

Class of July 2017 Part 3

Old 07-30-2017, 02:16 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Good morning Sean - not like you to have an awful sleep - Hope you can catch up tonight. I believe you are going home today - Safe travels X

Chick Chick - Day 8 - can't believe how quick this weekend has gone. It was pay day yesterday and its a lovely feeling to not have any guilt of wasting money on wine or unfortunately when under the influence I have been known to gamble (and lose).

Feeling a little more positive today - going for a run to have some fresh air and then Sunday dinner at my parents place. Will check in later X
Old 07-30-2017, 05:20 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hello all - day 29

Nearly past the fourth weekend. Phew, thank goodness. Always feel that little bit better when into the second month. A little less likely to stray from the path as there is more sober time to lose and more at stake. Hope to see everyone back in here soon.
Old 07-30-2017, 05:27 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Good morning. It never gets old waking hangover free!

Sean, I'm sorry you didn't get a good night's sleep. I hope tonight will be better. Can you maybe catch a nap sometime?

Susie, I love not spending money on beer.... I may buy things online when I'm drunk from time to time. I'm glad not to be wasting that money anymore.

How is everyone else doing? Check in if you can.
Old 07-30-2017, 05:28 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Congrats on 29 days Jenuk! That is fantastic!
Old 07-30-2017, 05:35 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hi class I'm new here - only morning of day 3. What is AV that everyone refers to? I feel like the odd person out because many of you have racked up almost a month and I'm such a newbie. If I stick with this thread and all of you relatively speaking I'm in good company since many people on this site have been sober for years and we are "the class of july2017" okay I talked / wrote that through and feel like I belong now lol. So hello fellow classmates and thanks for the welcome.
Old 07-30-2017, 05:43 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

hello Daisy.

AV would be your alcoholic voice. That sneaky scheming voice in your head that keeps convincing you to go back to alcohol. You know the one.
Old 07-30-2017, 06:01 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Good morning folks! Slept in little on this Sunday morning, which is pretty rare for me. Temperatures in the 60s right now, sunshine and low 80s today. Meeting my two daughters for brunch later this morning. Life is good. Can't remember the last time that I felt this optimistic, even when I had extended periods of sobriety.

Looking forward to turning the page to August and starting my 4th week. I hope everyone is clear on where the July thread will be moved, once they start the August class. Looking forward to having the band together for the long haul. We've got a lot of beautiful music left to play.
Old 07-30-2017, 07:10 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChickChick View Post
Good morning. It never gets old waking hangover free!

Sean, I'm sorry you didn't get a good night's sleep. I hope tonight will be better. Can you maybe catch a nap sometime?
Thanks Chick, it certainly is great waking up sober. I'm feeling a lot more awake now after work, I've been away since Monday so it'll be nice to get back and have a couple of days off. I'm going to plan some activities to keep me busy.
Old 07-30-2017, 07:31 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Sean- sorry you didn’t get a good night sleep. I’m in the same boat- barely slept last night, but at least we’re not hungover!

Daisy- You are in great company. We all started over in this month of July �� So happy to have you here. Jenuk answered the AV question!

Clearpath- sounds like you are in an awesome place- have a great brunch with your daughters!

Chickchick- was it you that suggested the “Quit That” app? So far it’s calculated me saving $404.08 on alcohol. I’m so grateful not be wasting money too. (Although I have had a few moments of “treating myself” for not drinking this past month haha)

Jen- I feel the same about going into the 2nd month- it’s getting past 30 days that’s difficult for me.. I feel like this next month should be easier.

Susiegirl- have a great run! I’m thinking about doing the same here soon.

Crossyourheart- Happy 2 weeks!

Fallingleaves- Been thinking about you- how did the night without the family go?

Sorry if I forgot anyone! Day 28 here and grateful to be sober. Sick kiddo in my lap at the moment and trying to decide whether she needs to see the doctor today or not… hopefully we can just rest and relax at home and she starts to feel better today. Always hard when they get sick on a Sundays when the doctor office is closed leaving urgent care the only option. Anyway, just yet another example of why Im grateful to not be hungover this morning!
Old 07-30-2017, 08:28 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Hns, I can't take credit for the app. I use one that sounds similar called Sober Time. I sure hope your little one feels better soon. Your right it is a hard call if they need to be seen immediately or wait a day. Atleast you will be sober to make a good decision.

Daisy, welcome! You've come into a great class! Don't worry about the time others have. Just take it one day at a time yourself and soon the days will really start adding up. If you want to know more about AV googling AVRT crash course or Smart Recovery would really help.

Clearpath, have a wonderful time with your daughters. Your weather sounds very similar to ours. I'm grateful for the cool down, a week ago it was sweltering!
Old 07-30-2017, 08:36 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Good Morning Julyers. Welcome Daisy. That AV is a tricky SOB! As usual (for me) the first few weeks are pretty easy, but then I start being told by a certain voice that I should reward myself with one night of drinking. He even told me that I should relapse last night because then I could start over and still rejoin the class of July 17! What a sneaky b*******. Too bad for him I stuck it out and am ready for day 15.

Hns: I hope your child gets better! They always seem to do that on weekends, don't they?

To all: I echo what ClearPath said: let's keep the band together!
Old 07-30-2017, 09:31 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

CUB, great job resisting AV! Did you use any certain techniques to get past the sneaky voice? Always looking to add to my toolbox.

Yes, let's stay together! This really is a fantastic class. Stick close all! Post before you drink, let us help you!
Old 07-30-2017, 10:26 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Day 23 today. I had a fight with av yesterday which was a problem because it dented my confidence. I guess that happens. Its just that now at a very low level I have lost my 100% certainty that I will not drink alcohol ever. Thats the bad news. The good news is my sobriety is still going strong and over time I hope I'll have that confidence back. Nice Sunday Julyers!!
Old 07-30-2017, 11:24 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Afternoon class,

Quick checkin. Busy shopping today for gkids back to school stuff.
Its a beautiful day and Im heading into my second week (again). I actually lost my day count, cause I had two restarts. Just glad to still be here, and working towards the ultimate goal, total sobriety for life!

Congrats all on racking up those sober days. We are doing great!
Old 07-30-2017, 12:44 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChickChick View Post
CUB, great job resisting AV! Did you use any certain techniques to get past the sneaky voice? Always looking to add to my toolbox.
I think you're referring to me. If not, my apologies. No special techniques last night. That sure was a dirty trick the AV tried! I was busy with kids, including driving, so no drinking involved for sure there. By the time I was kid-free, I was tired! The people here help also, I don't want to have to start over, and I certainly don't want to have to join another class!
Old 07-30-2017, 03:59 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

CrossYourHeart, I was asking you. So sorry I tried to abbreviate and then stupid spell check took over.
Keeping busy is a big part of my plan too! I hope today is going better for you.
Old 07-30-2017, 05:13 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Administrator

Back on deck guys

Welcome to all the new faces and returning posters.

Like some people have said already the only change at the end of the month is this thread moves to the other forum...it will continue on with you guys and whoever else wants to join down the track

congrats on your milestones too guys - no matter what day it is

if anyones struggling - post post post!

D
Old 07-30-2017, 06:53 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Wow! Miss posting for a couple of days and what happens!? We go to the third iteration of the group! Yay!

So I did get back from camping, and went straight into "finish up all the work around the house before vacation ends" mode. That, and coupled with a neighbor's wedding, just ate up all the time.

Fortunately, I'm sticking to my commitments, at about day 18 now!

Someone asked me several days ago about camping meals. We don't have a go-to meal. But we do a lot of marinated meat dishes that we can freeze (which helps keep the cold chest, cold). Also, the meat then becomes sandwiches a day or two hence. Corn-on-the-cob can be wrapped in foil and grilled over the fire - YUM! I also make a grilled potato dish that's very easy (quarter the spuds, steam 'em for 20 minutes, toss them in olive oil, salt and pepper, and then grill them about 5-10 minutes. Breakfasts are pretty standard: french toast, scrambled eggs . . . and this time, fresh trout!

Welcome, by the way, to all the new folks, and congrats on milestones met for others. To all, hang in there! We can do this!
Old 07-30-2017, 08:27 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Ending day 8. It's been a very good day over all. Goodnight.
Old 07-30-2017, 08:28 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Good to see you back Dee!