# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of October 2014 Part 40

continues from

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-39-a-20.html

D
Old 07-25-2017, 04:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm finally first! Thanks and good evening, Dee! Hope your time off will be enjoyable.

Arbor, that sounds encouraging. I hope it's all enough.

Conquest, there's lots of resources out there for food allergies and cooking, dining out, etc... reach out if you are looking for support in that area. I can send you links to a soooort forum, and some good recipe sites. While it stinks, nothing has changed, other than you are now armed with more information to hopefully enjoy better health. But, Has get it...it's boring being on a restricted diet. I need salads back in my life. I usually make lots of yummy summer veggie salads. But, we've got potatoes!

Leigh, I'm sorry your still having troubles. That sounds like it's been a long time. I hope you are better soon.

Cool that your dd enjoyed her climbing experience, Briar!

This is my first morning "on the job." Up early to drive son to basketball camp. My daughter has been doing it last week and yesterday.

Oops, the kitchen light is flickering...the one where water leaked out when the AC leaked. I've asked dh to pull the can out and get it good and dry, as I can't be climbing around and reaching right now. He looks at it and shrugs. Literally just looks, no touching, fiddling, nothing. A few times now, I've asked. I hope it's not a fire hazard. Bet if I call an electrician, he'll look.
Old 07-25-2017, 10:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

I bet calling an electrician would do the trick, Phoebe. But let my life be a lesson, I got screwed out of my fair share of a pan of bacon. And, incidentally, that damn water filter is still not changed. If you missed that story, I can explain.

Any more progress Arbor?

Welcome back Mark!

Still really tired and get fatigued so easily. Can't even sing in my car properly. My fit friends insist that more protein and water will cure all. I think it's largely that my body is just exhausted from trying to repair all the muscle tissue I keep shredding, not to mention the massive bruises. I'll be meeting with a climbing trainer on Sunday to learn how to climb properly, which I expect will help a lot.
Old 07-26-2017, 09:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

. Yes, I remember the bacon!

And...the light just went off. Good thing is we are in the official planning stages of a kitchen renovation, and lighting is part of the plan.
Old 07-26-2017, 12:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I agree! Calling an electrician should do the trick, Phoebe! Lol
I hope your day back in the swing of things goes well
Old 07-26-2017, 05:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Some progress yes, Briar. Rally tomorrow morn in Hartford after his check in with ICE. They want to see his one way ticket to Guatemala. Big news today though was Mother of four, Nury Chavarria was granted deportation stay who took sanctuary in a New Haven church. This is a very good sign that if we get enough press and continue to peruse the fight good things can happen. Hoping for the best.
Old 07-26-2017, 06:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

That's good Arbor. I've read a bit on their story to help me understand it better. Best wishes for tomorrow!

Yep Briar, gotta have that protein to make those repairs! I'm planning a hiking trip to Taos, maybe I should look into this climbing......... On second thought, I'm afraid of heights.

I hope you tummy situation isn't too wretched Leigh. Makes me sad to think of you ladies dealing with that.
Old 07-26-2017, 07:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'll be thinking of you and your family lots tomorrow, Arbor. I hope the efforts stir some positive change!
Old 07-27-2017, 07:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks, guys. Made the front page of CNN. This is my family. My blood. You messed with the wrong family. We will fight this thing to the end.

This is the face of deportation: A dad with no criminal record, an American wife and two kids - CNNPolitics.com
Old 07-27-2017, 06:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

So awesome Arbor!!!
Old 07-27-2017, 07:01 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You rule, Briar. Thank you for all your support.
Old 07-28-2017, 04:26 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good morning all and happy Friday.

I hope good things were accomplished for your family Arbor.

A 'cold' front is to come through this weekend with a predicted hi of only 87 for Sunday......and a brief drop in humidity. This time of year we celebrate the small things.. I predict a steak in the grill.

I hope everyone is feeling better with their tummies.
Old 07-28-2017, 11:52 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing the article link, Arbor. What a beautiful family! They all continue to be in my thoughts and prayers through this unthinkably difficult time. Please do continue to keep us posted.

We are away from home with another couple in Palacios, Tx, a small beach town. We picked a house right on the bay and it has been very relaxing so far. The guys are on an all day fishing trip. So my girlfriend and I crabbed off of our pier all morning. We caught and released tons of little guys and only two keepers. But the two big ones made a nice addition to our lunch. I was proud of us for doing it all ourselves with minimal EEKS and screeches. Lol

I hope everyone else is doing better, too!
Old 07-28-2017, 04:18 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Alright, I'm off coffee until further notice. Just lemon water and tea for me. I've been getting headaches and spaciness throughout the days for long enough. Sometimes I wake up in the morning with a mild headache already. Of course I'm overdoing it. Probably going through caffeine withdrawals. Especially with this new coffee I bought. It's definitely high test. I know I'm stressed a bit, but I'm gonna give this a try.
Old 07-28-2017, 07:00 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Very nice read, even though I'm a Dad I can certainly relate. Think we all can.

https://www.inregister.com/features/...ction-recovery
Old 07-28-2017, 10:52 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Good article, Arbor. Brings back some serious memories for me. My experience was very much like that. I'm so glad to be free. I remember the feeling of being hopelessly trapped.

Speaking of the difficulties of parenthood, my daughter has contracted one of those really great summer colds complete with the deep lung gagging cough. As with all kid coughs, it's 1000x worse when we're trying to sleep. So that's delightful.

Busy day tomorrow with her swim lesson and then a birthday party for her friend. Luckily it's at one of those enclosed party places where you just let them loose in a giant room of bouncy everythings. Then you get to choose between awkwardly socializing with random parents you don't know, or screwing around on your phone the whole time. I don't always choose the latter, sometimes I try. For a minute. Sometimes.
Old 07-29-2017, 04:38 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I actually miss those social opportunities, Briar. It was more awkward with my so, though, because I'm much older than many moms in his age group, and he's a bit shy, and had fewer events and play dates. So, I never made real friendships with the moms of his peers. Now that the kids are older, the moms I knew faded away as playdatrs did.

This is for you, Mark, popped up on my FB feed in the memories.
This is how we typically eat crepes. Ugh, forget how to post a picture...it's not working. Sorry!

Arbor, hope the battle for your BIL is getting results. I think about them every day.

Hope you are ok Leigh...

Hi Conquest!
Old 07-29-2017, 04:38 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

It's interesting how an older dude like me understands so much about where that young mom is coming from. Changing a phrase here and there and it could be the story of many of us suburbanites. The next thing she must do is stop being an LSU fan!

Those kiddos are fortunate that she's found her way while they're yet so young. I know of some other lucky kiddos too.

Wishing everyone a pleasant weekend.
Old 07-29-2017, 04:44 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

not working.
Old 07-29-2017, 04:48 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi phoebe. I have your crepe recipe saved. It was fun making them and I see how they're kind of a blank canvas so to speak. Versatile. My girls sleep so late during summer break that I haven't made any for them yet. Making Dutch babies is fun if you haven't done that yet. Also quite versatile.

I hope you're feeling better.

Off to brave the rain and find my way to the gym. I hate when I wake up sad for no good reason so I need an attitude adjustment!