Notices

Class of November 2016 Support Thread Part 11

Old 08-10-2017, 01:05 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Just checking in as so busy with this move. You are right Dee it is highly stressful, and won't be able to post as much as I'd like until the job is complete. Get filled with fear and anxiety but I know as you say Dee, there will be an end to it.

Love you all, and don't know what I'd do without you.
Old 08-10-2017, 01:18 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Just wrecked a post.
Old 08-10-2017, 01:23 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Sending Hugs and energy your way Steely!

Old 08-10-2017, 01:49 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Awesome pic Nands. Made me laugh
Old 08-10-2017, 02:30 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Hey you guys I'm sitting here freaking out with this move and am 'waisting' time mucking around here. Fear not, I'll get it done. I am project manager.

Just tried to post a pic of myself because much as we may not like it ageism is still very much alive and well, believe me.

Didn't want you all to view me as the ageing, recovering, stereotypical woman addict, and all that it still portrays. Tiny pic is not being cooperative but will give it another go.

I don't care if others see my head and know it's ME, the ex drunk, because I'm no longer shamed by the admission.

You got my age Nands, now you've got my head

I will watch over you safely. Hope this pic works.

Love you Nands xxx
Old 08-10-2017, 03:32 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

You have my head and my age as well ... we are at a stalemate!

me 8-10-17.jpg

If you go to my page here at SR I have pictures of back when I was pretty (2008 or 2009)
Old 08-10-2017, 03:50 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Tinypic won't cooperate Nands. Thanks for posting yours, and as Tinypic has done this to me before will give it a bit more time. Itgenerallycomes good.

Have just starting to organise the garage. Was going to hold a garage sale but after looking at the motley throw always of my life think I'll just ditch it all. It will save a lot of time and I'd probably only make 10 bux . But that potato peeler is still in pretty good nick.

Rock on Steely and quit freaking out.

Love you all. xxx
Old 08-10-2017, 04:07 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

You have a beautifully kind face Nands. Thanks for doing that, now I can place you in my mind which always saw you as having dark hair. Love you Nands. xxx
Old 08-11-2017, 12:48 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Just lost my long post and was feeling good up until then.

Will have to rethink but in essence wanted you all to know that I am starting to feel EXCITEDabout moving

Also big feminist rave about ageism and conventional beauty. Tinypic still won't upload but don't think I've gutlessed out Nands, 'cause I haven't

I love you guys.
Old 08-11-2017, 12:52 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

You have a beautiful face Nands. It's so strange that we're talking about photos of ourselves because last night my husband took a photo of me and the kids by the sea and the sky looks amazing. I'm not on Facebook or anything so don't post photos anywhere - sometimes I WhatsApp them to friends, but anyway when I saw this photo, my first thought was, "I wish the Nobenders could see this sky and me and my kids". I wouldn't post pics of my kids on the Internet and I also still value the anonymity that this site provides but maybe I'll try to work out how to pm the photo.... not sure I'll be able to do it but I'll give it a go.

Great to hear from everyone. Plenny, you are sounding so good. I wasn't here when the Nobenders was born so there's gaps in my knowledge of you all. Plenny, are you an artist? If so, I'd love to hear about your work. I'm rubbish at art, really bad but I've always been fascinated with learning about people who are creative and artistic.

Steely, good luck with packing. It will get done Steely. Moving is a nightmare but when you're sitting in your new home you will forget all about these difficult days and focus on your fabulous future in your new home.

Poppy, hope work is going okay and you're getting some time for yourself. Kev, how's it all going?

I'm just about to go out for a run by the sea.... One of my favourite things to do, ever. I look a bit like one of the tomatoes Steely put in the soup last week..... I underestimated the strength of the sun yesterday because it was hiding behind clouds for most of the day. I covered the kids in factor 50 sun protection throughout the day and then forgot about me. Very silly I know. Lesson learnt. So me and my burnt face are now off for a run.... hope I don't get mistaken for a red traffic light, could cause all sorts of problems on the road!!!

Hope everyone is doing great. Love to you all xxx
Old 08-11-2017, 07:30 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Hi Nands! Ha! It's great to see you!

All of my cooking and procrastinating turned out well. I got a minimal amount of work done. But it's ok

Yes Kenton I'm an artist! I am a bit stunted by some of my life circumstances, an obstacle I know is my own making. I watch other artists succeed and it doesn't seem to matter what their life is like or how hard it is, they just push and show and make things. I have come a long way, though, and I feel like I'm getting somewhere. I know I'll have an art show soon. Just have to finish a few more pieces.
Old 08-11-2017, 07:46 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

For the record, I believe art is human and universal. I think society tells a lot of us we are not fit to make art but that's ridiculous. The one thing that is true is that you can't make yourself excel at any chosen style or medium. You have to find your voice. For me it happens to be drawing, painting, tattooing, and two dimensional work. For my parents it was ceramics and sculpture. For some it is music, for some it is writing. These crafts which require dedication and attention to a unique process. Everyone can express themselves visually, though, I believe that. It really is about accepting your individuality. You might be off the scale somewhere else, and it would be very interesting to see what that style might be!

When I am here on SR, I also contribute to a thread I started called Artists in Recovery, and I have always hoped that people would visit and write about what they're going through and their process and how their recovery is woven with that. Mostly it's just me trying to talk about my process but I love it when others tell me how it's going for them too
Old 08-11-2017, 09:28 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Oh please save me from myself I am cooking again!!!

Thinking of you Steely!
Old 08-11-2017, 10:12 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Sorry ... I don't have much to say today. I am completely off schedule. I am not getting to bed until midnight or 2am and am sleeping most of the morning ... I'm loosing half a day of productivity, and doing puzzles about 4 - 6 hours an evening. Just so you know ... this is not good.

I've tried a few things to try and get back on track and they aren't working right now. I know this will change. I will do what I can to get things back on track.

My therapist has increased his price and wants payment 2 weeks in advance! I can't afford the new price and simply will not agree to pay in advance. Thus I am telling him today that I can't do his new thing, but to please contact me when he can accept insurance and we can start again.

I always felt that part of getting into the flow of sobriety required having a number of things standing between me and a drink. Having lost this particular brace, I am very glad that I have put more than one thing in place to stay on track.

I have to mow the lawn now, and I really hate mowing. Chris is already doing so much of the hard physical stuff that this is a chore I feel I need to keep up on.

I can't find my bills from the flood to submit for reimbursement. I'm afraid that in a cleaning frenzy during my drinking I may have thrown away some of the sacks of paid bills. I'll look some more over the next few days as I sort through boxes in the study, and ask the bank for new copies of my statements for May 2015 to January 2016. I hope the city will accept information based on that.

I hope to come out of my funk soon. You know, typing this I realize that despite the mess up of sleep and time on tasks, I actually have been enjoying life most of the time.

I think I may not be posting much here because I just feel like I'm not feeing very well about myself and posting makes me actually sit and look at what is going on with me. Thus ... posting is a good thing. I can't move beyond my "morase of self pity" if I don't first acknowledge that it is there.

I suspect I will do a happy post later today. My moods seem to come as little flash floods.

thinking of all of you and wish I could interact more.

Nands

Old 08-11-2017, 10:54 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

I get it Nands. I'm getting confused and stuck in little eddys as well. I actually decided to put everything down, put in some earplugs, and get the book I'm reading out, and get back to bed for a while.

I worry that this isn't good as well. Trying to see it as a period of recharging.
Old 08-11-2017, 12:02 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Nands, I'm sure the insurance company will accept the info provided on your bank statements. I'm sorry you are feeling in a bit of a funk, I really hope you feel better soon xxx

Plenny, an art show would be awesome! Good luck with finishing the pieces.

Just checking in briefly because we're about to eat dinner. Hope everyone is doing ok. Be back later xxx
Old 08-11-2017, 01:31 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

I am reaping the delicious benefits of my procrastination. Perfect lentils and browned mushrooms and cauliflower, mixed in with fresh spinach and some lemon juice to make a filling salad. It's really good.

I do wish I had more work to show after my two solid days off. I have to accept that my brain diverted me every chance it got. I did take care of myself, I did get my pantry prepared for a flood, I did eat well and rest and stay sober.

I guess I must allow it.
Old 08-11-2017, 04:08 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

I wish I was a good cook. My talents are very basic in this arena lol.
Hubby just took me for my first proper motor bike ride. Was exhilarating and bloody chilly on the nose.
About to hit the pavement and sweat it up a wee bit.
Sorry to hear your in a funk Nands.. I was in one recently and it ain't fun. I am still amazed at the power of the mind.
Have a great day all and Steely, I hope your move is going smoothly
xoxo
Old 08-11-2017, 04:25 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  
Administrator

Noone needs to always post happily Nands - but I hope you have a good weekend and feel a little better

Hope everyone has a good weekend

D
Old 08-11-2017, 10:13 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Just got home from work and made myself a midnight meal. Trying this vegan box macaroni and cheese. I am a real sucker for mac and cheese so when I decided to try to cut out the animal stuff I was worried I couldn't replace my sinful treats. However, it is going pretty well, I doctored it up and it's creamy and satisfying and I actually don't feel horrible or guilty after eating it. I also have some chocolate coconut milk ice cream.
I know I'm not supposed to eat the junk food too much but I needed a little comfort tonight.
This vegan thing is a real good distraction. I have turned my obsessive compulsive tendencies toward healthy eating. I know myself though and I tend to burn out and get bored, so I'm not always great with lifestyle change. Ha! I should probably muse about another obsession to have as a backup just in case...