Notices

Class of January 2017 Support Thread Part 6

Old 07-31-2017, 07:47 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Quick check in for me too! Busy days, lots of organizing done!
Welcome back Dee!
Have a great sober day Januarians!
NACN
Old 07-31-2017, 11:04 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
01/28/2017

been a while since i checked in, but i'm still here and still sober! got to the 6 month mark on friday.

life is good. and i say that with complete honesty. i don't know how or why, but i am really embracing recovery this time. life still throws curveballs, and ive had a few doozies stir up some serious emotions but i seem to be able to ground myself now and look at the bigger picture. things i never thought possible seem possible now. i also have a very solid support group locally.

i dunno, im not much for daily check ins but this class and this forum are still a big part of what i do....i read here every night. im pretty darn grateful these days, 6 months ago i was in hell and now i look forward to the future.....its an amazing thing.
Old 08-01-2017, 02:18 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Day 213.
Hi JV ! Great to hear from you. So happy your recovery is still on track. For those of us who post here regularly, as part of our routines, it is hard to know who is doing OK. Really glad you are. I seem to remember you are part of a local AA group.
Congratulations on your 6 month milestone.

So today is early morning gym with a trainer. Urgh. We will see how much I grown with aches and sore muscles at at work all day. No self-study/projects today but that is fine.

Have a great, sober Tuesday Januarians
Old 08-02-2017, 02:05 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Day 214.
Good morning classmates. Just a quick checkin before headed to my gym class. Hope everyone is doing well.
Have a happy, sober day all.
Old 08-03-2017, 02:15 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Day 215.
A super quick checkin before running out the door. Good morning all. Hope everyone is doing well.

Sober, happy and productive early mornings never get boring. Being able to get up, get coffee and work on me before the day even begins is the highlight of the day.

Have a healthy, happy and sober one Januarians.
Old 08-03-2017, 01:41 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Day 215,

So great to hear from you JV! Glad to hear everything's well! I also think back to before I started this journey and the hell I was putting myself through. We've all come a long way

Great day today. Had lunch with friends and their kids. These sort of events no longer stress me out as I don't have to worry about being hungover or possibly still smelling like alcohol. We then went for a nice walk in the park.
I'm feeling a nice sort of calm lately. Still aware of the sneakiness of the AV, but enjoying the way drama and anxiety no longer rule my existence. It sometimes feels like I have so much more room in my head now to think of other things. Like I've had a nasty tenant move out and now there's this beautiful open space left. Anyways, I'm feeling inspired so I'm going to try to do some writing.

I hope you're all enjoying your day!
Old 08-03-2017, 07:45 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Great to hear from you and that things are going so well JV!!

DLB, I love that you have the routine of getting up early and starting your day taking care of you!! It sounds like lovely time, and productive.

Ina, good for you getting some writing in! I love your description of the peace you are feeling. So awesome!

Not much here, I just today started taking some vitamin supplements because blood test showed I was anemic....Good to find out as I feel so sluggish lately, and I had been hoping that without the drink I would have much more energy! Hoping the supplements give me that boost.

In bed now, going to get a nice full night's sleep!

Happy sober day everyone.
NACN
Old 08-04-2017, 03:43 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Day 216.
Hi Ina & NACN. Like you both, I also have been more at peace with things this month. I like the metaphor of evicting a very noisy tenant from your head. It feels a lot like that. And explains why I needed to begin renovations afterwards !

Today is a day off exercise and I should be doing my self-study/project. Instead, I am drinking coffee and listening to the radio. Oh well.

Have a healthy and enjoyably sober day Januarians.
Old 08-04-2017, 04:30 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

day 214

hey everybody. whats up! sounds like everyone is doing pretty good. welcome JV! I'm pretty new on here myself. I know what your saying about not posting everyday. I don't do that either. Hell I barely post on here on the weekends. lol. I'm always reading this January thread though and everybody on here is super cool! I think part of the reason I don't post a lot is everyday seems like the same stuff and I'm not very good at putting my thoughts into words. I was welcomed with open arms for this January class and I felt like I should get on here and say hello and good job with your sobriety thus far.
Take it easy everyone.
Old 08-05-2017, 01:17 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Day 217.
A VERY late checkin from me. Sorry. Been busy and had a nice day.
Hi Irish. NP about not posting every day. I do only as it is in my routine to do so.

For me, reading others posts and checking in is like a daily re-commitment to remaining sober. Whatever works for you ! You seem to be doing great so keep on going !

Have a great, healthy, sober and happy day classmates.
Old 08-06-2017, 03:30 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Day 218.
Just a super quick checkin as I sip my first cup of coffee. A lot of work to do today. Hope everyone is fairing well.
Have a healthy, happy and sober Sunday all.
Old 08-06-2017, 01:42 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Day 218

Hey, everyone!

Well on Friday I found out I didn’t get into a writing program I applied for. I mentioned before how I was working on a big project, well it was actually an extremely long application that required A LOT of work! It’s a very competitive program and most people that apply have tons more experience than myself, so while disappointed, I am not shattered. I also applied last year and was not accepted, but I can honestly say, without a doubt, that this year I failed 100% BETTER! And you know what? I’m gonna apply again next year.
A good sign for me was upon hearing I didn’t get in, the thought of drinking didn’t enter my mind. Instead, I was calm, grateful that I went for it and more determined to go again next year. To be honest, the application process alone was a godsend during the early months of sobriety as it kept me busy, particularly during my family vacation.

Next weekend I have my first wedding since sobriety. It’s out of town so we’re going away which will be nice and we're also bringing our dog, which will most likely be his last road trip. In anticipation of the event, I’m going to devote some extra time this week in planning and packing to make sure I have lots to keep me busy while away.

I hope everyone’s having a great weekend!
Old 08-07-2017, 03:32 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Day 219.
Hi Ina.
I am sorry you didn't quite make it into the writing program this year. I love the way you dealt with your disappointment. It might be times like this where we find out how far we have come. You have a lot to be proud of. Go for it next year and make it 1000% better. It is all in the attitude. Well done.

I have yet to go to a wedding or a formal drinking event since beginning this routine. I am sure you will be fine. The other classmates who planned well before potential AV traps like this seem to have had the most success . It sounds like you are already on that.

Well my workouts are going well but my self-study/tutorials less so. Beginning again now.

have a happy, sober and rewarding day all.
Old 08-07-2017, 04:08 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really believe you'll get it next year Ina

Its great you're planning out next weekend too - it really is a huge factor in maintaining recovery

Hi DLB

D
Old 08-07-2017, 08:44 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hi All! Quick check in..
I am so sorry to hear about the program, Ina. It sounds like you have a great attitude about it though, and I have confidence that it will happen for you! Keep at it! And great idea having a plan for the wedding. I have had a few events that I've planned for, and they ended up being quite enjoyable.
DLB, I hope the self study went well yesterday!
Take care all and have a great sober day!
NACN
Old 08-08-2017, 02:27 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Day 220.
Good morning. Hope everyone is doing well. Other than aching limbs from the gym, I am doing OK. My self study project really fell by the wayside this last few weeks so picking up this week as a new start.

have a great, sober day classmates
Old 08-09-2017, 02:19 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Day 221.
Off to do my work out so a quick check-in as try to throw scalding coffee down my throat and get my head around the challenges/goals of the day.
Have a healthy, sober and rewarding day classmates.
Old 08-09-2017, 07:18 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone!

Quick check in tonight. I really want to become a morning person, but I still have a hard time getting myself going in the morning!! I have been trying to get to bed earlier so I can get it going, but I am just not (and have never been) a morning person. I feel like I miss out on getting so much done early. I do not work in the summer, so no schedule is nice for relaxing, but I just feel kinda lost and unmotivated. In the fall I will be back to performing every night, and teaching four courses. So all of a sudden I will have to be into it!!
So my goal tomorrow is to drop my daughter off at driving school at 8, then when I get home, go for a run. I'm hoping that will wake me up and keep me going!
Hope everyone is doing well.
Have a happy, healthy, productive, sober day!
NACN
Old 08-09-2017, 11:48 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Day 221,

Just a quick check in also. Thank you guys for all your encouragement about the course. Chin is kept up

DLB - Hope the self study project is going well this week! I always hate/love achy limbs. Hate because of the obvious pain, but there's a certain satisfaction about it too - knowing you're working your body and feeling the effects.

NACN - I'm also not a morning person. AT ALL and also feel like i'm missing out on those hours. That may be a new goal also...to reclaim this time! You must be looking forward to performing again....I don't have that in me at all, but I imagine it's exhilerating to be in front of an audience! I once did musical theatre in Jr high and butchered "Wouldn't it be lovely" from my Fair Lady. Julie Andrews/Audrey Hepburn I am not

I've decided after this weekend I need to start some sort of exercise regime. You guys are inspiring me! Someone recently mentioned an app from couch to 5k I believe it's called....so i'm going to give that a go I think. The application I'm currently using is from couch to fridge Lol

Anyways, gonna try to go back to sleep. Hope you all have a great day tomorrow!
Old 08-10-2017, 01:26 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Day 222.
Good morning NACN, Ina and Dee.
Sorry. Not too much to write today as I am still half-asleep. It is early. I would much rather be in bed and coffee is failing badly. I have my last gym class of the week, until Saturday, in an hour and some tutorial to fit in before I go.

Have a happy, sober and satisfying day all. Will write more tomorrow.