Administrator

Class of February 2017 Support Thread Part 6

Last part here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-5-a-21.html

D
Old 07-19-2017, 07:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Dee thanks for the new thread

Rascal thanks. Yeah it's an amazing opportunity. Especially because of low fee for me. I'm doing it now. The 29th at 9am. I'm thinking I may meet in person which would require an overnight in Boston because I'm not getting up at 6am. My sister thought it would be a good thing to do. Otherwise it's Skype. This person can help me plan my way out of this hole and support me through the process.

As for Florida, It doesn't matter where I am, Skype is everywhere. I think to start they'll be a lot of homework that I can do from anywhere.

Vipe
Old 07-20-2017, 05:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I stayed at my parents again last night. Sober, and a slight rough night of sleep. I needed it because I made the dumb decision to end my nice sober streak that included my first full weekend in probably 2 years. I need to keep evolving my plan, and IOP is the next step. I just have to bite the bullet and tell work that I leave by 5 from now on 3 days a week.
Old 07-20-2017, 10:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's a good day. I woke at 7am which is good, but I'm beat. Nephew wants to go to the local forest with a river in it, rock cliffs and clear pools of water, and I'm all stiff and groggy. Again it's in the 90's which is fine by me!

I'm looking forward. I can't wait to get started on the coaching. I'd like to be as prepared for it. Maybe make notes and lists and things to be ready for the first session. Gotta look at places to stay too and see if I want to do that.

I've already prepared myself to get through the 4 o'clock witching hour.

Viper
Old 07-20-2017, 11:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Staying at my parent's again tonight. I'll be sober, which is good. I am also going to call today and try to get an evaluation for treatment tomorrow or next week. Pulling the trigger.
Old 07-20-2017, 11:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Go Axe. You can do it! I'm obviously not expert on quitting, but in day treatment they may suggest AA. I'm just saying you're young and you are staying put in the same area, why not develop a network? If it sucks, forget it. I'm looking out for you because I wish I'd been more serious about this sooner.
Old 07-20-2017, 03:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey if they suggest it as part of a treatment I'm paying for, I should do it. I'd take the same approach I did to college. "I'm paying to be here, better show up and do what's asked."
Old 07-21-2017, 04:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sober tonight and feeling good
Old 07-22-2017, 05:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

That's was a short message but true. I stayed over, stayed sober last night. 3rd in a row. I am building streaks again and I like it.
Old 07-22-2017, 07:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Axe good job. That's the way I'm treating my life coach situation. I'm paying for this s--t!

I'm kind of crushing it myself. I feel crappy but I'm so ready to move on. I've been sober and it's sucks, but feeling better by the day. I think having to endure the crappiness that is my life right now, sober, is a massive driving force for change.

Viper
Old 07-22-2017, 09:10 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

How do they say, "good on you!" Or "ya" perhaps
Old 07-23-2017, 03:00 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

"onya"
or
"onya, mate".
Old 07-23-2017, 06:22 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Still going. I'm not feeling great but that doesn't matter. I'm trying like heck. I spent time with my sick friend yesterday for a while. Poor thing. I'll check in later.

V
Old 07-23-2017, 08:43 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'm still here feeling pretty good. Staying at my parents house and I tried to sneak out to grab two drinks. No real plan. I got caught which I am happy for, so I am sober, I just wish I fought the urge better this time.

Will IOP treat that? I'm getting evaluated this week.
Old 07-23-2017, 12:30 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

It's only day 6, but I felt better yesterday, and I was hoping the trend would continue. My 'illness' is acting up. I guess I'm stressed out. Just try to keep going Viper without taking a pill and going out. Just lying here.

So you know how I'm kind of camping in the back section of my parents? I've got a large, camping matte about 5" thick off the floor with some good bedding. Anyway I'm surfing the web this afternoon and I see a creature moving on the wood floor about 2 feet from my head. I look and it's a massive damn spider. I was always terrified of the things when I was a kid. No joke, the size of the the top lid of a Ben and Jerry's pint. Turns out to be a Fishing Spider after I looked it up. Little f-er should be outside by the stream where the fisher cat dwells. Scary as all hell. I threw a towel over him and got a plastic container, flipped the towel, and put the container over him. He crawled up into it and I slid the lid on. Gotcha!! Friggin huge.

Anyway I let him go eventually, outside by the stream. Ecccchhhhhh!!!!

Fishing Spider - Bug Scientific Name, Characteristics, Classification, Taxonomy, Territorial Reach and Size
Old 07-23-2017, 05:32 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I wish I could give you advice as far as IOP, but what the State of CT pays for and what you are doing are probably 2 totally different things.

The tools we use are common sense stuff. In IOP you learn the stuff we talk about here.

I would interview THEM. You're paying for it. The program could be amazing for all I know. Plus you might meet some dudes that you stay sober with forever in that IOP.

I don't want to steer you away from the IOP at all. Its just my 2 cents and could be irrelevant.

What you are doing with your family, is a damn good strategy. It's a very smart idea. It shows that you have a level of commitment and are looking to be held accountable. You are having a hard time being accountable to yourself like everyone on this site has. So this is smart. You could employ AA with the family stuff and get what you need. It's more accountability, and a sponsor watching you.

I do think that a commitment to IOP and getting meetings and a sponsor and all of that at the same time, those AA folks will be around to hold you accountable. I know it sucks to be 'one if those people (AA), but it sucks worse to be a drunk. Unfortunately besides an iron will, its the only help out there. I've never had that iron will.
Old 07-23-2017, 08:07 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Vipe - you should have a nature show. Damn!

I am back with my parents tonight. It's only a 5 minute drive and I have my old bed made as the guest bed. Coming here just helps me get to the conclusion I will be sober tonight. Makes "Will I" into "When I", really for the entire day.

I spent hours with my wife working on the house and spending time with our pups. Sold some of our clutter on eBay and took photos for round two.

My goal is to get to $10,000 in my PayPal and 100 days sober this year. I would love to log 100 miles running and start my weight with 1xx pounds. The year of 1-based goals! If I got 3/4 of those, maybe plan kid #1 (with sobriety the must goal.)

All seems doable on 5th night sober.

I'll seek strength for more, but you can all borrow some, too.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:13 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Axe, keep it up! These are the kinds of strategies that get you sober. I bet when you get to your parent's you are deeply relieved that you made it throgh the day, am I right?

When I quit last year in July for 5 months (with 2 or 3 screw ups), I went from a boated 185-190lbs, to 150!!! I'm only 5'7 so that's a great weight for me. Walk into the store and just grab size small T-shirts and underwear, and 30-32 waist pants. Just like when I was 28.

I really pray I can get this health stuff in control. Yesterday was miserable. Don't take good health or a 'soft rock bottom' for granted. It doesn't stay that way. The only other thing to do is go to the Clean Diet, which is strict but worth it if it works.

Ok more later. I'm timing my benzo at 1pm so I'm not sweating at 3. It's all I can do right now.

V
Old 07-24-2017, 06:21 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by axeman5971 View Post
I am back with my parents tonight. It's only a 5 minute drive and I have my old bed made as the guest bed. Coming here just helps me get to the conclusion I will be sober tonight. Makes "Will I" into "When I", really for the entire day.
That's some hardcore accountability Brilliant though, really.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:44 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Today was better than the last 6. That's a good sign.

My new life coach is Saturday morning in Boston and I can either get up early and drag my exhausted ass up there, ooorrr get a Deluxe King Suite at the Embassy Hilton up there, which is exactly what I did. I was looking for rooms online and then I just clicked on The Hilton website. It turns out if I signed up for free as a rewards member and did the Pay Now-Nonrefundable it was a cheap option. I'm planning on an early check-in of 2pm, bring my own dinner and snacks, stay up watching cable, shower like a rock star, and then sleep like a rock. Vacation from the parent's.

After I meet her it's going to be all Skype sessions, no travel.

Ok later on kids.

V