Notices

Class of February 2017 Support Thread Part 6

Old 08-17-2017, 07:11 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  
Meow

Glad to see you canguy.

I love the enthusiasm you have, axe!

Wish things could be better for you, Vipe.

Things are looking up over in PurpleCat land as well.
Old 08-17-2017, 07:40 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Seems like August is the class of February's month!

Back from treatment, an even better night than the last. So grateful.
Old 08-18-2017, 04:16 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

It's great to see you doing so well Mr. Ax. Keep up the good work. I wish I had given up booze for good at your age!

I am off for my fall fishing trip to Colorado/Wyoming/Montana tomorrow.. Ain't packing no booze! Oops that is a double negative. I am not packing any booze!
Old 08-18-2017, 02:00 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Today is my 12th day sober. I am chasing 16 days, my record since I joined SR. I'm going to get it, no problem. I'm going to stay in treatment and destroy that record.

So happy for the gift of this breakthrough.
Old 08-18-2017, 02:52 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Axe yep, you put in some effort to get to this breakthrough. You employ strategies, signed up for treatment, and taking it seriously.
I feel like a window of opportunity gets opened to make these things possible and you need to crawl through that window and stick with it. That's what happens for me. I wish I'd quit at your age too, that's damn right Retiredguy. Keep that in mind Axe.

Canguy, yes it said wombat was like a lazy slob, and derro is 'high brow' slang for derelict. I'm messing with you obviously. And interesting about putting an O at the end of things. I'd like to meet a nice Aussie girl.... I met one in Africa, she was beautiful, and so kind. I fell in love in about 5 seconds. I should have moved there 20 years ago. Never been.

Purple, I think things can get better for me I just have to be extremely disciplined and orderly and actually try to treat this. I've been sticking my toes into the water for too long. Today was better. I enlisted my sister to get me going. We'll see.

Soooo I got asked out yesterday, Whole Foods employee that I'm friendly with, young 20's, good looking, and a dude. I was like, "hey I'm gay friedly, but I prefer **** and ass." Sorry to be crass, but that's exactly what I said. Really never thought about his sexuality because people are people to me. But could a 24 year old babe ask me out? How about a 37 year old, adult woman? Ahhh the irony. I do look pretty good though I must say. This diet has worked wonders.

I felt off center so I thought I'd post. AV has spoken a little. Ok time for the daily shower and some food.

Talk later, V
Old 08-18-2017, 06:04 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Old 08-18-2017, 07:23 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Quite a story Vipe, thanks for making me laugh!
Old 08-18-2017, 07:40 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Sober yet again. Darn!

I am going to set my alarm for tomorrow morning - quite the change from sleeping in past noon after a night of drinking.

Goodnight friends!
Old 08-19-2017, 08:23 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Not only am I not sleeping past noon, I am up, walked the dogs, ate breakfast, talked to the contractor, am showering, and heading to a noon meeting!
Old 08-19-2017, 04:27 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good weekend guys

D
Old 08-19-2017, 06:09 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Rascal, hilarious. You know my sister's reaction... "You're thin, but you're not neat!' Haha! Also watching the South Park episode where Cartman is the Dog the Bounty Hunter, Hall Monitor

Day 33 here? I dunno. I'm holding it together. My sister is going away, which means I've got her castle to myself for a 6 nights or so. That is, along with the awesome dog. Ahhhhhh. I wish it was tomorrow, should be Monday.

Vipe
Old 08-19-2017, 07:13 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

So funny situation here. Last weekend I was sober for a week. I had our fantasy football draft at a friends house. He recommended we try this wing place I've driven by many times. Said it was really good. Now, I can't remember any time I have had chicken wings and been happy I did afterwards.

These wigs were so good I went out of my way to get some tonight.

The question is, did I find an amazing wing joint? Or have I always hated piling wings in my stomach along with beer and liquor or on top of a hangover?

I have to be satisfied with answer #1, because I don't intend to put myself in a situation where #2 is ever possible again!
Old 08-19-2017, 08:08 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Axe not all wings are created equal. But there's a lot of crap I used to eat while drunk. I hate slimy wings. A good garlic wing covered in granules of garlic and nice and crispy. Ahhhhhh. Whole Foods makes them in the hot food bar. They gotta be crispy.

I seriously went off the wagon with a candy bar and Oreos. It's next to impossible to maintain this crap diet. I'll pay for it

I'm watching LivePD. Totally addictive garbage. Hours of live police action across the US. Tonight is insane. They put tons of camera teams out there and switch back and forth between what's going on. There's enough cameras out there to keep it moving fast with high speed chases and arrests. They just got a lady swerving around on the highway that multiple people called about. Very nicely put together business type woman, bombed. She had a huge Slurpy container with filled with red wine and ice. There may be people here who pulled that crap...
Old 08-20-2017, 02:12 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

The wings were crispy and served with 3 kinds of sauces - Jamaican jerk and ranch, hot and tangy sauce called "The Talk of Beaver Falls" which is a town about an hour from me, and one called Game Changer with butter, Cajun seasoning, garlic, and ranch. Mm.

Waking up accidentally early to announce day 14, Aka week 2.
Old 08-20-2017, 02:43 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on starting week 3 Axe

D
Old 08-20-2017, 11:26 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Thank, Dee. Got lots to go but lots to do it for.
Old 08-20-2017, 05:31 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  
Meow

Way to go, axe!
Old 08-20-2017, 07:12 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Just got back from an AA meeting close to home. Small, relaxed feel, but I still want to explore before choosing a home group. Also want to try an NA meeting or two.

Week three of treatment starts tomorrow. Sober tonight. It makes 15 in a row, one shy of my personal best since what I call my "mini bottom". I'm ok if that's as low as I ever get! I am going to smash that record and set many more, a day at a time, following my treatment, starting the steps, staying active here.

I hope I have found what's working for the successful here, and I hope those still trying find it too!
Old 08-20-2017, 07:30 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Good going Axe.

AV was really going for the first time in a while. It was short lived. I had the best day I've had in a while. I'm not sure what's going on. Something changed. I have been adjusting meds. It could be the magical boost that happens when one of my meds finally takes effect. Or a different one. Not sure. Got detective work to do.

My sick friend got through to me today on the phone. I blocked her number then felt bad. It was terrible. She's so alone and desperate. She wants to get out of her apartment for a few nights really badly. I did not mention that I have my sister's place to myself for a week. She was hysterical. No one will pick up the phone. She's a really good person. Parents are human garbage. I'm not able to care for her. Sad. Very sad.

Ok, I'm in bed and totally beat. Talk tomorrow.
Old 08-21-2017, 05:11 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Woke up sober for another week. All that matters.