Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 31

Old 07-12-2017, 04:06 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Sleep well all - don't worry about me.....I'll just stay awake and keep watch
Old 07-12-2017, 10:03 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

I know I sleep better Free, knowing your on guard late here again, busy getting house in shape for company Friday. I'm hoping to take a few long weekends soon.....I need too. Hope you enjoy your time Free night all
Old 07-13-2017, 12:22 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Well, the British hopes have been dashed! Our Wimbledon hopefuls are both out of the tournament now. It's a cruel, cruel world...

I think a long weekend sounds a lovely idea, Mariah. Will you be able to get up to your cabin for a day or two?

This last week has been a bit stressful, but I'm on my case and hoping to turn things around soon. I've seen a job advert, that might be interesting and I'm thinking about applying. I think a change might be good. We'll see.

Have a great end to the week all.
Old 07-13-2017, 02:51 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

KA POW......

11 WEEKS!

Happy about that.

Improving every week in clarity. Depressive thoughts slowly clearing.

Looking forwards instead of looking back.

Hope all are well.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:06 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

you're sounding great Obo

Friday here - in for the bargain

D
Old 07-13-2017, 10:06 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Yes Obo!! Onward again, late here & in for the bargain
Old 07-13-2017, 10:19 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Yes, you do sound great Obo

Friday is just starting here, I've finished my workout, and now getting ready for work.

In for the Bargain too!
Old 07-15-2017, 01:04 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Saturday morning, I have the house to myself for a little while, it's lovely and quiet. I've just finished my workout, and its left me with that wonderful relaxed feeling that comes after exercise. I wish I could feel like this all of the time!

I'll be writing up my CV today, for a new job application. It'll take a few days to get it finished, but I want it to be as good as possible. It's still in healthcare, but it's a bit different from my current post. I think my skills will be transferable though. The whole process of applying and having interviews will be good experience anyway.

I'm encouraged by your experience, Mariah - you've found a job which you love, and I'm hoping to do the same!

Have a great weekend all
Old 07-15-2017, 02:31 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hey guys!

Miss u all- I've had a rough few weeks but doing better ... I did get hired - and begin teaching in august! So you're interviewing, Free? Exciting times!

Thinking of you all,
😘
Old 07-15-2017, 02:37 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

It may not be a good sign I had to look up the def. of CV !?

I'm experiencing a little transition myself Freein , .... told the management a couple days ago about cutting my days to just two per week starting Aug. 1st.

It feels like the best thing ,....but there are more than a few folks that feel compelled to "warn " me about living with no healthcare insurance .

...probably best not to mention the new schedule to anyone for a year or so .

We have the first volunteer health clinic of it's kind in the country for folks living on the island with no healthcare. They only charge 15 bucks per visit . ( it used to be totally free years back ,...but the minimal charge seems good to me )

Finally not feeling so beat up from the landscape work the last couple days . Tonight is my Monday ,..

With all the storms headed our way again this week , ..it was good to get most of the bush hogging done . Have y'all ever noticed how much easier it is to pull gigantic weeds out by the roots ?!!

With your beautiful yards ,.... Mariah and Freein probably scoffin' at the thought of it .
Old 07-15-2017, 02:40 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Welcome back Izzy ,...good to see you !!!!

Congrats on the new job !

They'll be getting a wonderful teacher, ..for sure .
Old 07-15-2017, 03:24 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Hi Izzy, good to see you here & hope thing get easier for you. Congratulations on the teaching job!

Hope you have a good Monday TS. I bet it was a relief to give notice & will be good for you to cut back....time is precious & even though I love my job, I wish I had more time for family & myself.

Exciting Free, the initial getting all info together is the harder part, you will be shining when you walk into the interview change is good when your feeling stuck.

I've had the day at home except a trip down the road to a thrift store where I found a great chair cover & some other treasures. Managed to tackle the dust in the living room , do some laundry, bathrooms. Brother replaced blade on lawnmower so did the front lawn. I am going to chill a bit then picking up my 8 & 11 year old Great Niece & Nephew to go have some fun...go arts, bumperboats, arcade. Theyve nEver been & should be a good time!
Old 07-15-2017, 03:25 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

How are you doing out there Up.....your missed
Old 07-15-2017, 04:25 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Izzy

D
Old 07-16-2017, 12:11 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hi Izzy, congratulations on your teaching job

Tops, what do retired people do for health care over there? It's, fortunately not too much of an issue here with the NHS (although that's not without its problems of course).

My weeding is a bit more genteel, but I like the thought of going out to vegetable patch with a "bush hogging" attitude - it might help to scare the slugs away....."Oh no, she's bush hogging again, run for you lives...."

Mariah, enjoy your time with the little ones, sounds like you'll all have a fun day.

Just finished my workout - that's 7 straight days, I'm back to my routine thank goodness. Now off to see my Mum.
Old 07-16-2017, 11:16 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I'm baaaaack

obo- 11 weeks is awesome, congrats!

I tried Zumba today with my youngest- so fun. My only concern about working is fitting everything in. But I've been so excited about having a job. Didn't realize how much I missed working. It's been almost 20 years! I was so nervous about the interview but I really liked the principal(and the other 2 teachers in there) so then I REALLY wanted the job!

I've made all kinds of charts and menus to hopefully help my family know what they're going to have to do to help out ... no more full time laundress, cook, house cleaner and "oh I forgot my ________, could you please bring it to my school-er" ... I think it'll be good for all of us ...

Top! How are you recovering?

hope you had fun with your family, Mariah
Old 07-16-2017, 10:47 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

It will be good for them to learn to do those things for themselves Izzy & excited for you!! So glad your back here

I've been after the weeds here today too Free. I had a bed I weeded through a couple months ago & planted a pack of wildflowers seeds but did not single wildflower while I was weeding the grass & weeds out of it again today. Had several other areas that were getting a little wild. Was a nice way to spend the day though & I went & bought some nice perennials for the bed . Had a great time with the kiddos & cancelled another adventure when my body said it couldn't. Went back to sleep & slept till noon which is a first in a long time. Other than the hung over days when I just wanted to hide & not face the day. Today it was just because I plain old tired. I'm planning a four day weekend next month & decided I am going to borrow friends tent trailer & set up on a spot below some rapids I used to take the boys to. Going to borrow a canopy too & make a comfy spot to put my feet into the water for 4 days, air up the tahitis & a raft & we can shoot that rapid a few times & ide like to do the lower ones with the Sons maybe. I used to do them every year.....it's a beautiful canyon, only 25 miles down river from where I live. Looking forward to it.

Your probably about through your Tuesday shift TS, hope you had a good night. �� sleep well.

Have a good week everyone!
Old 07-16-2017, 11:16 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MariahGayle View Post
It will be good for them to learn to do those things for themselves Izzy & excited for you!! So glad your back here

TS injecting here ,... Amen to that sisters !!!

Your probably about through your Tuesday shift TS, hope you had a good night. �� sleep well.

Have a good week everyone!

Things were a bit rowdy at work late tonight ,.... once there are more than 20 youngsters ( guessing middle, and high schoolers ) and several drunk Uncle types,..... it's sometimes a more appropriate job for the local deputies to get their undivided attention .

Gave my dad a tight haircut before work tonight ,...and need to get some sleep soon to take him for a dental appt. over in Georgia later this morning . Web access at work is almost impossible ,.... darn sketchy lately ,....

Freein ,...that's funny stuff ! ,......anthropomorphizing your garden slugs making a run for it !??
Old 07-17-2017, 08:37 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Great stuff Izzy

Tops, your Dad must value your support so much. I see my dad every week, and phone him every night, but sometimes I find we have little in common - he really is just interested in cars and engines. I can talk about carburettors and fuel economy for a while, but after an hour or two I probably lack the enthusiasm that he'd expect. I wish my brother were able to visit him more frequently, he's an engine fanatic too, but sadly that's just not possible at the moment.

I find it easier sitting with my mum, it can be very tranquil in her little room. I just chat away to her about things that are going on in my life. She might open her eyes every now and then, or she might just sleep her way through the entire conversation. Either way, we seem to be able to make a connection of sorts.

I need to pick some beans for dinner now.
Hope everyone's week has started off well.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:40 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

ha! I know I've done too much for them around here- it's just hard ... not to ... when I'm here. They are definitely old enough to do more. going to start them on their laundry next week- try to get the ball rolling on some things before school starts so it's not TOO chaotic ....

I hope my kids are as thoughtful as y'all are about your parents when I'm older ...

Just got a call from my oldest son who is spending the week with cousins wanting to do the only thing we had said no to... Then another call in which he apologized for being rude ... they really are sweet, especially for teens- I feel very blessed.

One thing my other son said that I'm still laughing about, is, "Mom, you can't be too soft. Those kids will find your weakness and use it against you!"

Mariah, your trip sounds so fun! We just went to Austin to ride the Comal and then to barton springs ... and ate on the river walk in San Antonio. It was fun but there were so many people! I think your plan sounds peacefully perfect.

Wish you were here to help with our yard, Mariah and Free! We have a couple of rose bushes from the previous owners and a pool ... but definitely in need of more green and flowers ...

maybe I should actually get into the pool ... swim laps or something ... hmmmmmmmmm