Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 10

Old 07-10-2017, 03:19 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
some food for thought - darn fine thread

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rve-drink.html

D
Day 1. I WILL NOT DRINK TODAY no matter how much worse things get......and they're getting worse. It seems like the floors dropped out beneath me and there's no bottom.
Old 07-10-2017, 03:47 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Simplicity - wishing you courage in your difficulties, I'm sorry that things are so tough for you just now.
Take care.
Old 07-10-2017, 03:49 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

We're here for support Sim

D
Old 07-10-2017, 04:17 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Sim you are an exceptionally brave woman and I'm not just saying that because I love you (even though I do ❤). This horrible addiction doesn't give a stuff how many days we've had before. All we ever have is today. You'll be in all of our thoughts today and if you need anything please drop by any time.
Right by your side Sim you are never alone ❤❤❤
Old 07-10-2017, 04:04 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thanks friends So far I haven't drank today. I know that sounds pathetic and not very inspiring but it's all I can muster at the moment.
I had to leave work early today. I'm literally sick with stress. Got a doctor's appt for tomorrow. Fighting the urge to drink as I type. Family meeting tomorrow to decide what the %$^& to do. Feel sick just thinking about it.
Old 07-11-2017, 09:12 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Gosh a family meeting sounds pretty serious Sim. I hope you got through it okay and don't feel too much pressure from others whilst you're so weak and stressed. The anxiety following a binge is utterly horrible.....please take care and stay safe Sim xxx
Old 07-11-2017, 10:07 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Awesome! Thank you!
Old 07-11-2017, 03:42 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

If theres one thing I know Sim it's that drinking makes me exponentially less capable of dealing with anything.

Your addicted self will try and convince you that alcohol helps you forget and helps you cope - but in my experience neither of those things is true,

What happens instead is, in my panic and fear, I liberally apply alcohol to every problem...

nothing ever gets fixed or resolved, the wounds stay red and sore, and I end up with raging active alcoholism again along with all my other problems.

Do not listen to the voice telling you to drink. There is no reason good enough or no pain intolerable enough to go back where you used to be.

Its so so easy to lose yourself, and noone wants that.

Fight this. Make today a sober day.

D
Old 07-11-2017, 03:45 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you may have misposted but welcome anyway surferdoc

D
Old 07-12-2017, 12:12 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hi all! Just checking by to see how everyone is. Actually that's a bit of a fib I'm popping by to see how you are Sim. I know you mentioned the doctor's and a family meeting which all sounded pretty serious and stressful.
Don't want to add to the pressure at all so I'll just say I am thinking of you and if you need anything please ask.......lots of love and support
Old 07-12-2017, 04:35 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

yeah check in Sim. We worry
D
Old 07-13-2017, 07:14 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I'm here. Feeling super low, but here. 3 hours away from the start of day 2. I will not drink today. I know it's not going to solve anything. It can't possibly, it never has. I've just been numbing. My son relapsed....nothing trivial and he's next to destroyed his life as he knows it in short order. Nothing's left unscathed and they're is absolutely nothing I can do nor anyone else can do about any of it and even if I could I don't know that I would. He needs to hit his rock bottom and I don't know that he has one. I only know I have to get off the crazy train. Family meeting included in-laws as everyone's 1st concern is the protection of the grandkids. Their family is ripped to hell but the grandbabies are safe. My heart hurts for them and my daughter-in-law. I'm waiting for the call to tell me he's back in jail or dead. I'm preparing myself to have to turn my own son in to family protection services if necessary. I pray it doesn't come to that.
Thanks for the concern everyone. I feel like a class A &*^%up at the moment. Another recovering alcoholic within the family also relapsed. It broke my heart and also opened my eyes to what I'm doing. Time to pull it together before the ship starts sinking.
Old 07-13-2017, 07:41 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry Sim - but I'm really glad you're back on on day 2
Prayers for you and your family.
D
Old 07-14-2017, 03:31 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Sim I'm so sorry about your son. What a heartbreaking situation to have to be in. I can't imagine facing the prospect of the ultimate tough love as you are right now.
You've found a strength within to start again Sim and that's tough. I admire you so much for that. Remember when you said we were warriors? You put the seedlings of fight back in me when I thought I was doomed. I'll never forget that Sim. YOU did that!
Each day further away from the drink is a victory. I know you can get right back Sim. No doubt in my mind.
Love and strength to you sweetheart ❤❤❤
Old 07-15-2017, 05:52 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I shudder to imagine watching a child destroy himself and those around him; my heart aches for you. I agree with Jo: your warrior strength is showing through, and you make us proud. You're in my thoughts today...
Old 07-15-2017, 07:29 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!
Gosh Sim, I am so sorry to hear of everything going on in your life. But one thing I know is true--- you are strong. You have beat this before and you will do it again.
Good to hear from everyone else! And ARP!! Hi stranger. So good to hear from you-- it has been a while.
My relapse was short lived--- haven't drank since my stint at the Pink concert. Which, is probably because I haven't been exposed to anywhere where there is open beer and beer flying like the concert venue.
And work is crazy busy right now. I thank the Lord every morning I am not still drinking--- I truly wouldn't be able to do what I need to do every day on a hangover, and withdrawals every morning.
Anyways, just checking in..... Sim, my thoughts are with you my friend. Hope you all have a wonderful day. It is a beautiful morning here, I am just chilling with my girl Ali--- she is a 30 pound puppy already... geesh, did she get big so fast. And a sassy lil thang at that....
All my love to all-
Camery
Old 07-16-2017, 04:48 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Morning Mayflies.....well I will not drink today....I'm getting my grandson around noon and the plan is to soak up all his love and goodness, deposit him back home, and get ready for bed as soon as I get home. Hope everyone has a good sunday.
Old 07-16-2017, 05:18 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Sounds like a good day Sim! Enjoy the time with him.
Hope you are all well, and Happy Sunday!
Old 07-17-2017, 01:10 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Sim that sounds perfect. Some family time and rest. No need to do anything else at all. Thinking of you xxx
Old 07-17-2017, 04:36 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hi everybody - I've not been here lately, but all is good.

@Sim - I am very, very sorry to hear you've had a go at it. You are a rock here, day one or one thousand. We're all human...and the truth is, they're just days. It's what you have inside that counts.

I hope everyone here has a beautiful day...