Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 10

Old 08-19-2017, 04:26 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arpeggioh View Post
Jo: I ordered and read Allen Carr's book a few years back; I rolled up some pages and tried to smoke them...
Bloody hell! Haha! Forget that get vaping!
Old 08-19-2017, 04:28 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Simplicity4114 View Post
Morning Mayflies! It brought a smile to my face to see all your faces! This thread is hopping!
Simmy!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lovely to see you hun how are you doing?
Old 08-19-2017, 05:00 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Morning all!
@Jo - 'Fag Ash Lil' (and Bill) - I haven't heard that term since I last worked on cruise ships. That took me back…
Everyone else - Arp, Elke, Sim - I hope y'all have a wonderful weekend. It's Saturday, 8 AM EST and I'm heading to the gym… Something I never could've done this early when I was drinking
Old 08-19-2017, 02:19 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Arp, check it out http://www.vapeclub.co.uk/how-to-vape-guide/

Last edited by Dee74; 08-20-2017 at 04:33 AM.
Old 08-19-2017, 02:23 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

So I see
Great to see you Sim
Old 08-19-2017, 02:23 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Hahahhahhaha!

You're apparently getting the knack of posting photos...
Old 08-19-2017, 02:26 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Anything for a friend Arp.

He looks quite a happy chappy, vaping away.

The latest fashion in Germany is Shisha which is a waterpipe. They mix tabacco with fruit aroma and then smoke it.
They even have Shisha clubs... still trying to get my head around it... isn't that going in the wrong direction?
Me thinks they should be following the Kale...
Old 08-19-2017, 03:04 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Whoosh that's a big puff!!!!!
Some of them are like that I once saw a guy and I honestly though he'd set his beard on fire! Nearly ran over to help!
Nighty night all better catch some zeds I'm shattered
Old 08-20-2017, 04:27 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Morning friends!
Old 08-20-2017, 04:33 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  
Administrator

I had to de-link your link Elke as it's a commercial link.

D
Old 08-20-2017, 10:56 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Girls have just gone. Must admit I've had a little cry. I'm a little scared that they are so much of my motivation that I'll crumble on my own. Think I'll make a herbal tea and start a book. It's only about 7pm but I think safest thing is getting to bed and having a cozy evening. Take care all
Old 08-20-2017, 12:39 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I had to de-link your link Elke as it's a commercial link.

D
Thanks Dee, sorry I had not realized this...
Old 08-20-2017, 12:41 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Morning friends!
Hi Sim, good to see you. I hope you had a good Sunday xx
Old 08-20-2017, 12:50 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Girls have just gone. Must admit I've had a little cry. I'm a little scared that they are so much of my motivation that I'll crumble on my own. Think I'll make a herbal tea and start a book. It's only about 7pm but I think safest thing is getting to bed and having a cozy evening. Take care all
Oh dear Jo, this first night is the toughest, you're doing the right thing, early bed and all. Are you going back to work tomorrow?

The only crumble you want to have is an apple crumble with lots of cream or custard, hmm.

You can do it Jo....
Old 08-20-2017, 04:16 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Hey, Miss Simplicity! How are your things?

Miss Jo -- Your kids can be as much of your motivation to stay sober as you need them to be...but they don't cease to exist when they leave home for ten days! You don't need them as wardens to keep your behavior in check, because the real desire to stay sober is your own, it's part of you, and it didn't leave with them. And they're coming back to their New Mum who doesn't drink anymore...

Cry because you'll miss them, but don't think of drinking just because they're temporarily somewhere else; that would be silly! You are still there, and you will regret any deviation from your current life path. Go read some dark posts today from sad folks who chucked it all in, and be happy you're not one of them...

Hey, I know: let's not drink on Monday!
Old 08-20-2017, 07:52 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

I did - and if you folks don’t mind, I’d like to share some of it with you…

Saturday, late afternoon, my daughter went to a friend’s house to play. My wife and I decided to have an impromptu picnic down on a greenway near our house. She got Vietnamese carryout, and I got good ol’ BBQ carryout (mmmm). It was an beautiful couple of hours, each of us enjoying the other’s company.

This morning, I decided to quit putting off re-doing our garden bench - the wood rotted out a year ago. My wife, daughter and I each decorated the wood slats that I bought and then I shellacked them and put the bench back together. It took six hours total, but the gratification I got spending time with my family and actually finishing a project well was immeasurable.

The reason I wanted to share this is because this weekend never would’ve occurred were I still drinking. The picnic? I would’ve wanted to stay home to drink my beer, or at least gotten edgy because of the need to sneak a couple in before eating. The bench? It would’ve started out fine, but by the time I had several beers under my belt (plus the ones I snuck in), I either wouldn’t have finished it or it would look sloppy.

Lately I’ve tried to be more cognizant of just how negatively alcohol has impacted my life. I’m grateful - extremely grateful - that it isn’t too late for me to make amends, both to my family and to myself, and that I can still straighten the direction of my life. Grateful indeed.

Fin. I sincerely appreciate y’all letting me get this out.

On another note, I’m really, really proud of the bench, and would love to share it with you all, if you don’t mind…
Old 08-20-2017, 08:46 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great job TD

D
Old 08-21-2017, 12:46 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Wow tootiesdad what an amazing weekend you had indeed! Love the bench!
Yes Elke I'm back to work today. Well, working from home today but it's gonna be a busy one! Coffee number 2 on the go as we speak!
You're right Arp. They may not be here in person but that doesn't matter I'm doing this for a better life for us all and that's what matters. It'll just take me a bit of time to get used to the quiet but you know what it's like. They do your head in when they're here then you miss them like mad when they've gone away!
I did crave peace and quiet when I had a house full so I am going to try and make the most of it now. Got lots of little jobs to do (the kind you never do when running around after kids) so that's one thing plus I ordered a book my mum recommended to me. That plus attempting some healthy eating (yeah right!).....I weighed myself this morning and I'm sharing it with you. I was 158 pounds (or 11 stone 4 or 71.66 kg). There I've shared! I'd like to get down to 140 pounds (10 stone) by my birthday (28th October). That's about 10 weeks away so I'm putting it out there as my little goal. I know sobriety is #1 but I'd like to attend to myself in general. So it's off to the supermarket later for some rabbit food!
Have a lovely day guys. I will probably be camped out here off and on for the next 10 days so be warned!
Lots of love
Old 08-21-2017, 04:09 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

T-Dad: that was a splendid post, and your garden bench is just awesome! You should share more often, you're very well-written and thoughtful...

I tend to Babylon and on (that was an album title from a band I used to listen to; now there's something else I have to look up; thanks, Google!) But I only do it to keep our thread on the front page, honest...

You sound good today, Jo! I hope I didn't come off all preachy; I get nervous when girls cry...

Happy sober Monday, dear Mayflies.
Old 08-21-2017, 04:17 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Squeeze! It was Squeeze! I love Squeeze!

Okay then,
Arp