Notices

Class of March 2016 part 52

Old 06-21-2017, 03:36 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. I think I'm just in a funk. I want to create a life for myself but I'm just not sure what it is yet. I think creating a "sober" life is probably the only thing I should worry about right now. At least that's what I think my sponsor would say.

I'm just having an "off" day and FEELING. I've felt so many different emotions today I feel like a crazy person. Lol! And I've crossed paths with every a-sshole on the face of the earth today! At least I didn't drink today & won't! I'm so used to numbing my feelings that when I actually feel something negative it freaks me out!

I'll be ok. I just need Chipotle! Chipotle makes everything better! And Netflix! Well...off to my daughters softball game.

Xo
Old 06-21-2017, 03:52 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
That whole epi pen thing is criminal. My dad's insulin just tripled in cost. Things are getting crazy. 106 is gross.

Stay cool!
It sure is especially when you factor in that there is less than $2 worth of epinephrine in each pen!!! I carry $1,200 worth of epi pens on me at all times and the medicine in them is less than $8!!! 😡😡😡😡

My nephew and his dad are both type 1, they bleed money for insulin and supplies. It's absolutely ridiculous.
Old 06-21-2017, 03:54 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Bobbie, hope you get that whole mess straightened out. That sounds awful.

PJ, blue whale it is!! Congrats on the writing thing.

Kiki, remember to breathe - in between bites of Chipotle - while watching Netflix (or the softball game)!

Kind of a slow work day today so wrapped things up a little early. Got caught up in a little tutorial on cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology - I don't know if understand it more or less now Did you know that there is a BitNation? https://bitnation.co/main/

Headed to the gym in a bit. Have a good night everyone!
Old 06-21-2017, 04:01 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

KK- I am going to play devil's advocate. I agree with you- focus on 'a sober life' first. I have watched MANY in the last 20 months (the time in AA/then this recovery program) because they tried with 150% to create a new life- in early recovery, crash and burn as it all becomes overwhelming.

Sam-you are the class expert on yoga (meaning I have seen a sentence in your post with the words 'I' and 'yoga' in the same sentence)...there has been talk here of goat yoga. Well I think blue whale yoga is really ramping it up.

B- I am somewhat akin to pain these days. Funny, as in- when I feel emotional pain, my physical pain gets worse. So closely linked are they. Probably one reason my recovery has been successful- as I used to drink to run away from that pain. As was proven in the burns unit- even the most potent of drugs used to get rid of the pain, did not even touch the sides- it did not work, so NOTHING except experiencing, riding out pain and coping minute by hour by day- does it become bearable...
Old 06-21-2017, 04:42 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!

Everytime I have logged in and tried to post today I have been interrupted by little bugs haha. Trying it again while they are busy playing dress up Spent most of the day at a local amusement park. Fun and exhausting. Was grateful to be enjoying it without a hangover, though.

Bobbie, hope everything gets figured out soon with your son.

Hugs, Sam and Kiki. Hope you are both feeling better.

Love to all!
Old 06-21-2017, 05:24 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Checking in tonight. Had a very good day that involved yoga, sunshine, Charlie and ice tea...pretty perfect.

I did have a conversation with my therapist this afternoon. And in all his wise-ness he asked me a few questions. When did I last meditate? (it has been a long time) When did I last journal? (it has been a long time) Have I used any of my grounding techniques recently? (it has been a long time) So you sense a theme? I told you he is smart. I may be eating well and exercising but outside of that I have basically stopped all the "work". He reminded me that even when I start to feel better I have to stay the course...putting in the time and the effort. There is no miracle or cure...it's up to me. So there you have it. Hoping he is right. (but again he is smart)

Bobbie - fear has certainly limited my freedom....in fact it still does. Accepting pain as a normal part of the human experience is a tough one. Everything in our being rebels against it...fights it. Our instinct for self-preservation kicks in and we will do anything possible to protect ourselves from it. But you're right...it is something to strive for, to work towards and to challenge ourselves to reach past our comfort zones to finally find our freedom. Thanks so much for the reminder...hugs

Purplrks - love the selfie....you look just like I pictured you! And if you have homework I'm game...it has been a while

PJ - blue whale yoga might be a whole new level that I am not ready for

LB - little bugs are the worst....they're sneaky (especially when they dress up) - so be careful

Well I am off to make a tea and meditate....sweet dreams
Old 06-21-2017, 05:56 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Sam- the 'work' stuff is a good focus. It consumes me every waking hour. I see progress by how I feel, think and act by what I write/paint. It shows. My new m/p- the phoenix is certainly an example of this- to the level of care and importance I have marked it out to be or represent.
Blue whale yoga- well Sam you say 'it has been a long time'. Blue whales are long. So perhaps long blue whale yoga could help. I will use the cool not giving a stuff attitude of blue whales as a stress defeating tool now, I think.
Say someone says to me 'John, you really p.iss me off- you are a failure!!'. I can think at them 'you do not matter, puny human- I am a blue whale...I know things'.
Old 06-21-2017, 09:06 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Finally off work. I've pretty much kept up with the class while at work today. Forgive me for not going back and adding "thanks." Couldn't do it during the day as it's too hard to do so on the phone.

Anyways, decent day at work. Not the best, not the worst. Nothing went wrong. I'm pooped. Gotta be up early in the morning. Thanks for being here today and helping me stay sober!

You stragglers have one hour to join my post #7,000 contest. Competition begins tomorrow. Not a whole lot of entries but that's OK. Just means that those who did have a better chance of winning!

WHEN WILL CASEY GET TO POST #7,000? ENTER NOW!

Bobbieka — June 27, 2017, 9:00 am CST
Applekat — June 28, 2017, 5:00 pm CST
Samantha — June 29, 2017, 12:00 pm CST
Purplrks — June 30, 2017, 2:00 pm CST
KiKi — July 2, 2017, 3:31 pm CST
Old 06-21-2017, 09:11 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Oh, and speaking of talking to yourself and of buses, I have a story that combines the two. Austin, Texas, has a very large deaf population and once on a bus I saw a homeless deaf man talking to himself in sign language.
Old 06-21-2017, 11:03 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Sam- the 'work' stuff is a good focus. It consumes me every waking hour. I see progress by how I feel, think and act by what I write/paint. It shows. My new m/p- the phoenix is certainly an example of this- to the level of care and importance I have marked it out to be or represent.
Blue whale yoga- well Sam you say 'it has been a long time'. Blue whales are long. So perhaps long blue whale yoga could help. I will use the cool not giving a stuff attitude of blue whales as a stress defeating tool now, I think.
Say someone says to me 'John, you really p.iss me off- you are a failure!!'. I can think at them 'you do not matter, puny human- I am a blue whale...I know things'.
I think we may need to trademark "Blue Whale Yoga" - it has a nice hook to it. Add the tag line "I am a blue whale ... I know things"

I wore my blue T-shirt to the gym today - I'm pretty sure I looked like a blue whale No one would have mistaken me for doing Yoga.

We can offer this Yoga class on our farm, where our theme song can be either:

1) Down on the Farm - Little Feat
2) Maggie's Farm - Bob Dylan
3) Now I'm a Farmer - The Who
Old 06-21-2017, 11:48 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Little things I have learned the last few days:
  • Trying to be cheery works. I know I can't be cheery every day, but at least I don't have to be Cranky McCranky Pants.
  • Movies are a good distraction - They take me out of my "moment" and give me a chance to reset.
  • I am a Blue Whale ... I Know things
Old 06-21-2017, 11:51 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

yes...I know....
Old 06-22-2017, 02:38 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

LOL, MITA!!! ~ We could have a juke box!

Phoenix I like the avatar ~ I agree that's a nice slogan.

Hope everyone is doing okay this morning/evening ~ been trying to keep in touch with other forms, like the gratitude rooms. Today I'm grateful for another opportunity to make myself better
Old 06-22-2017, 02:43 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

good one purp.
Old 06-22-2017, 03:16 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Morning everyone!!

Well back to work today. But only for two days and then off for the weekend (what!) - yep the whole weekend! I have Goat Yoga on Saturday and I am so excited!! I mean it's not Blue Whale Yoga....but until the patent comes through and I find some Blue Whales it will have to do.

Purplrks - I like the reminder about gratitude. Today I am grateful to be alive.....not everyone has been afforded that luxury this morning.

MITA - cheery and funny....that's a lot going on at once - lol. Maybe instead of a jukebox we can have our own band! I call playing the triangle!!

PJ - I'm going to try that today...."you do not matter, puny human - I am Blue Whale...I know things". Wonder what the response will be? Probably not favourable.

Well off I go. Should be a long one. But that's okay...did I tell you I have the weekend off....the whole thing?!? That's the light at the end of the tunnel (as long as it's not a train).

Have a great day!!
Old 06-22-2017, 03:46 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Sam...to make the whale retort..you have to sound like a blue whale...so I have provided for you the correct spelling. The emphasis is in the tonal dyschord set up by syncopatic atonic melody framing.

The spelling is thus

'weeeeeeeeoooooooooooorhhh, weorg, weeeooooogh, weooweeoooo,orhawhayeeeoooooooorgh,weoooogrghhh.'
My apologies- I can only interpret and thus use phonetically spelt whale song (vulgar, sic) NOT whale song in it's most proper and correct usage.
As most human exponents of high whale song are either locked up in loony bins or have no friends...this will have to do..
Old 06-22-2017, 03:52 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Morning friends..off to entertain three young rugrats for the summer. Wish me luck.

Does Blue Whale make no one else think of a drink?! My husbands family always served blue whales at the lake house - a cool, summery, poisonous drink.
Old 06-22-2017, 03:55 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

NO - NEVER HEARD OF B/W ALCIE DRINKS. I will stick to the natural kind. Enjoy the rugrats.
Old 06-22-2017, 05:31 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Morning!

Casey, if it's not late to enter my guess is June 27, 9pm EST.

AK, enjoy your first day of summer!

AA meeting this afternoon (without kids) and then Celebrate Recovery tonight so lots of recovery today.

Have a great Thursday, friends! Don't drink!
Old 06-22-2017, 06:41 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day 28. If I make it through today, that'll be four weeks without a drink. In a row! Including nights and weekends!

I am absolutely exhausted. Stayed up until one playing some Zelda trying to unwind my brain after my long work day. Kept waking up every couple of hours after that.

Have to run a training class in an hour. Gonna try and make today as short a shift as possible besides that so I can come home and nap.

Ladybug, your entry has been accepted. Signup is now cutoff. Enjoy your recovery-filled day.

Phoenix, I like your blue whale avatar. You do know things.

Gotta say, Applekat, I tended bar for many years and drank for many more than that and have never heard of a blue whale drink. Not even going to look up the ingredients because I don't bar tend or drink anymore. I will say this--blue drinks are some of the most dangerous. They're usually deceptively strong.

Sam, are you off this weekend?

How was the babysitting, Bobbie? I'm assuming Sophia is too old to tolerate any baby sniffing from grandma.

Purple, I have not been staying in touch with other parts of the forum the last couple of days. Need to do so today. Thanks for the reminder.

MITA, I prefer to think of it as trying to stay positive and/or being mindful. I have been focusing on the same thing since my self-imposed short work sabbatical a couple of weeks ago. It's made a big difference. And you forgot "Animal Farm" by the Kinks.

I'm not gonna drink today. No matter what.

Ok, the contest begins:

WHEN WILL CASEY GET TO POST #7,000?
CURRENT WINNER IN RED

Bobbieka — June 27, 2017, 9:00 am CST
Ladybug — June 27, 2017, 8:00 pm CST
Applekat — June 28, 2017, 5:00 pm CST
Samantha — June 29, 2017, 12:00 pm CST
Purplrks — June 30, 2017, 2:00 pm CST
KiKi — July 2, 2017, 3:31 pm CST