Notices

Class of March 2016 part 52

Old 06-21-2017, 08:05 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Wonder what it means when you start talking to yourself on a message board Casey??

Good luck at work today...hope it flies by.

Time for yoga, Samantha.
Old 06-21-2017, 08:13 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Good morning guys.

Have an awesome day today! If you're crabby be like MITA! He's cheery.
^^^^^^

Hahaha - I am trying to be cheery again today!

I can totally sympathize with the sleep thing Sam, it is one of my biggest problems. Glad you are taking the bus to Yoga! I find that just moving around is helpful. My job is very sedentary, and even though I manage to hit the gym fairly regularly, it's not enough. I need around 90 minutes each day of just "movement" - it doesn't have to be exercise, but it needs to be more than just transitioning from sitting to standing at my desk. As BBG mentions, food is critical. I know when my food choices are continually bad, then my drink choice has a chance to follow.

I'm going to make something to eat right now!

Have a great day everyone.
Old 06-21-2017, 08:17 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ManInTheArena View Post
As BBG mentions, food is critical. I know when my food choices are continually bad, then my drink choice has a chance to follow.

I'm going to make something to eat right now!

Have a great day everyone.
Totally agree MITA!! I find if I spend time during the day investing in myself and my health I am less likely to drink. Today is day 12 of no sugar and no carbs and I feel amazing!!
Old 06-21-2017, 08:50 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Well I've been awake since 4:45am. 😴 I have gotten a lot done though. Got my food allergy kiddos recalled epi pen voucher. Luckily I had 6 additional epi pens (3 sets) so was able to wait a few months to call to get it replaced. When the recall hit it was 2 - 3 hours hold time on the phone to get a replacement voucher. I also called our mail order pharmacy to find out I would only pay $80 for 3 sets of epi pens again instead of $350 PER SET at the pharmacy. Seriously if you have to take meds and your insurance co had mail order check it out!

Now to figure out what to make for dinner 🤔 It's going to be 106 today. Gross!
Old 06-21-2017, 09:40 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeacefulRain View Post
Well I've been awake since 4:45am. 😴 I have gotten a lot done though. Got my food allergy kiddos recalled epi pen voucher. Luckily I had 6 additional epi pens (3 sets) so was able to wait a few months to call to get it replaced. When the recall hit it was 2 - 3 hours hold time on the phone to get a replacement voucher. I also called our mail order pharmacy to find out I would only pay $80 for 3 sets of epi pens again instead of $350 PER SET at the pharmacy. Seriously if you have to take meds and your insurance co had mail order check it out!

Now to figure out what to make for dinner 🤔 It's going to be 106 today. Gross!
That whole epi pen thing is criminal. My dad's insulin just tripled in cost. Things are getting crazy. 106 is gross.

Stay cool!
Old 06-21-2017, 09:42 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

“The best way to predict your future is to create it.”
Old 06-21-2017, 09:53 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

June 21, 2017
– national day of the gong
– national seashell day
– national selfie day
– go skateboarding day
– national daylight appreciation day
– national peaches ‘n’ cream day
– summer begins
Old 06-21-2017, 10:05 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Summer begins is my favorite. But I also appreciate daylight.

On my way home now. Feeling good. Yoga and sunshine are my friends.
Old 06-21-2017, 10:12 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Today is also International Yoga Day.

Namaste ��
Old 06-21-2017, 10:19 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Namaste back at ya!
Old 06-21-2017, 10:20 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

So, I'm calling all over the criminal justice system, trying to find out who is representing Nathan, where his car is so we can get it, all kinds of things. Faceless people suck!! I feel like I'm in a weird episode of OITNB.
Old 06-21-2017, 11:22 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hugs Bobbie. That sounds frustrating and heart wrenching. Praying that you will find the right person who can help give you the information you need. Love you.
Old 06-21-2017, 11:39 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

My days exhaust me too Bobbie! Another busy one today! Errands, taxi driver, chef and then softball game tonight.

Does anyone ever feel depressed??? I have been feeling slightly depressed lately & I hate that feeling! Anxiety is something I'm used to but not really depression if I'm sober. I think I'm just sad that my kids are growing up so fast & oldest one leaves for college in August! I'm happy for him but sad at how fast the time went! Also...I think despite how busy I am, I'm bored! I don't feel like I ever do anything for ME. I'm always taking care of other people.

BUT.....Who am I? Who will I be in 5 years when the nest is empty? What are my hobbies besides drinking (which I don't do anymore)? Oh well...I will just try to stay in the moment I guess. I just can't remember the last time I had anything to REALLY be excited about....for ME! Relate???

Maybe I'm looking for my purpose? Now that my kids are growing up I'm not sure what that is anymore. :-(
Old 06-21-2017, 12:04 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Could you go back to work?
Old 06-21-2017, 12:13 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Could you go back to work?
Work is a great time filler...not sure about purpose. Lol. But I agree Kiki - maybe it's time to carve out a life for you...apart from the kids and hubby. Work would be a great place to discover yourself and meet new people.
Old 06-21-2017, 12:25 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

If we really stopped to think about it, we would be astounded to discover how much of our time is spent trying to avoid pain. We are afraid to say what we think or tell others our needs because we fear rejection. We are afraid to face the pain of our own anger. We are afraid of telling others who we are. When we are afraid of opening up to others for fear they will hurt us, we are not free, we are prisoners of our own fears.

Pain is a natural part of life, and we are gifted with the ability to feel it. Pain teaches us, makes us work harder sometimes, and it helps us appreciate pleasure.

When we accept pain, and stop exhausting ourselves trying to avoid it, we will be free to live life more fully and without so much worry.

How has my own fear limited my freedom?
Old 06-21-2017, 01:18 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

" talking to yourself on a message board "

Have a good day, kids! xx
Old 06-21-2017, 02:40 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((Bobbie)))

D
Old 06-21-2017, 02:51 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

0707 Turdsday.

Hope is always a game changer- for anything B. You are doing stuff- but keeping boundaries in place. Your son has a great mum.
Next, just for confirmation is just general thoughts to anyone in SR land..

I find anxiety and depression to be linked in me. Keeping focussed on today- not what has been, or will be- helps.
The writing thing? HA! They called back (again) and offered the gig to me half price (still thousands). Like most (if not all) things in life- get what need- not want. I learnt stuff from the freebie writing challenge- I have been affirmed as having a raw talent as I was chosen before many more hundreds of people, for a writing offer that was limited to three. Then was offered again with an offer that was not even offered. This writing thing is not a huge business- it is one (granted - 'very') successful author who offers help (yes- for a fee, but hey- I would too) to emerging writer's- just one person and one or 2 people to answer the phones..etc. I WANTED the intense gig, it seems what I NEEDED- was recognition and affirmation. I hate needs- I want wants. AND not only do I want my wants- I WANT my wants...NOW.
And the Rolling Stones can get stuffed- jeez that song is annoying now.

B- I could cope with being a blue whale. 'Why should I give a crap what you think? I am a blue whale'. and 'No you do not waste my time- I am zen, I am blue whale'. again...HA!
Old 06-21-2017, 03:15 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Celebrating National Selfie Day!

Getting ready for drum therapy......

See you guys in a lil' while ~ maybe we could all use a homework assignment?!? Just a suggestion