Old 06-13-2017, 07:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Old 06-13-2017, 07:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Whoop whoop 51!!!
Old 06-13-2017, 07:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

My apologies guys! Did not realize I was on wrong thread till now. Just ignore what I said yest & day before
Thanks
Old 06-13-2017, 07:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dee!

Just checking in before bed. Had a great day, but a rather challenging night with cranky, tired little ones. Grateful to be going to bed sober. Sweet dreams all. Thanks for being here
Old 06-13-2017, 07:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Somewhere along the lines my husband forgot that kids play in the dirt! I took my kids outside after dinner and they started playing in the dirt where we dug out our grass along the curb. My husband came out and saw them in the dirt and had a horrified look on his face. 😕 Now they are all in the bath getting clean again, see how that works hubby?!?! We even have this thing called a washer and dryer to clean their dirty clothes! 😮😂

Well I guess I better go scrub em' down now. 🛀
Old 06-13-2017, 07:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dee!
Old 06-13-2017, 08:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Re-Member

It's all good, 1new. Have a nice night. Drop in anytime. The more the merrier.

Thanks for the new digs, Dee. This is the one where we become blabbermouth champions, Marchers! T-minus approx. 80 posts!

Just beat another dungeon in my new (old) Zelda game. I like this game a lot. It's very puzzle solve-heavy, not so much about fighting. And I had forgotten how after playing for like 30 -40minutes, the Nintendo 3DS reminds you, "Hey, you've been playing for a while. Want to take a break?" I've been making myself take a break every time it asks me that.

It's been a nice sober day. Thanks to all of you for being here today. Gonna watch this past Sunday's episode of Veep and call it a day.
Old 06-13-2017, 08:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Just back from the burns unit- scar assessment survey- as part of the research thing I was in that saved my life. How could I say no?
Old 06-13-2017, 08:56 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi guys, for accountability purposes I want you all to know I slipped and had 2 1/2 beers tonight after an argument with my husband. I realized that my husband is a major trigger so I have left a voicemail for a marriage counselor.

Not EVER giving up! I need to learn how to be married to someone who drinks. (Normal drinker). It's harder than you would think and trips me up ALOT! But on a positive note...at least I stopped and called to schedule marriage counseling.

To me..sometimes sobriety is about learning....sometimes it's about 2 step forwards & 1 step back. It's effort and determination that counts.

Love you all!

P.S. I really wanted to run away from SR again but didn't. (Progress)
Old 06-13-2017, 09:07 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Kiki, I'm so very, very happy that you chose not to run. As a runner I know how you can feel.

You know we don't judge. It happened, it's over and you're moving on. Please don't dwell or beat yourself up, just move forward.

Bobbie, my prayers have been with you and your son.

To all, I'm sorry for the short check in , but it's all I have at the moment. One day at a time. And thanks Dee for the new digs.
Old 06-13-2017, 09:22 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Get back on the horse Kiki 🐴

Golden milk, night 2. Lets see how this goes tonight.

Good night all!
Old 06-13-2017, 09:24 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Glad you're not disappearing, KiKI. We're here next time you want to run to that drink. Seeking counseling is a step forward. Hang in there--drink plenty of water and go get some rest.

Short check-in is better than none at all, 13th. Don't be a stranger.

Enjoy your 14-caret milk, PR.

Enjoy the rest of your day, Phoenix. Hopefully it doesn't include a cat lady-chaired meeting.

Really going to bed now. Goodnight Marchers!
Old 06-13-2017, 09:44 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Hi guys, for accountability purposes I want you all to know I slipped and had 2 1/2 beers tonight after an argument with my husband. I realized that my husband is a major trigger so I have left a voicemail for a marriage counselor.

Not EVER giving up! I need to learn how to be married to someone who drinks. (Normal drinker). It's harder than you would think and trips me up ALOT! But on a positive note...at least I stopped and called to schedule marriage counseling.

To me..sometimes sobriety is about learning....sometimes it's about 2 step forwards & 1 step back. It's effort and determination that counts.

Love you all!

P.S. I really wanted to run away from SR again but didn't. (Progress)
Kiki, you and I have a similar situation and I feel for you.

Here's some things I think I've learned from my own. There are times when my wife drinks and her drinking kind of disgusts me. These are the days when she starts drinking in the morning or becomes mostly incoherent or something like that. On these days, to me, she is not a normal drinker - she is a problem drinker. On these days it's easy for me to not drink. Then there are days when she kind of drinks normally - just a few glasses with dinner. I find on these days I get mad at her for drinking. But I think I am really mad at me for not being a normal drinker. This is what I try and understand - it's my problem, not hers (even though she may have her own problem).

I wish she would just not drink, but she gets to make her own decisions.

Good luck with the counseling and glad you came and posted. That takes some strength.
Old 06-13-2017, 09:46 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Good night guys. Thanks for keeping me safe and sober
Old 06-13-2017, 11:20 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

KK- support to you, why not post next time? How was your meeting?

Casey- the cat lady? She said at the peak of her drinking she ran a consulting company on motivating people to a better way of life through mindfulness. A spiritual meeting tonight with sponsor- I do not think she will be chairing. Probably be adding some more eye of newt to her cauldron.
Old 06-14-2017, 02:44 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hugs Kiki, MITA ~ those who live with others who drink ~ Idk how you do it....I can be triggered by someone on tv having a glass of wine! Lol

So glad to be here with you all.....I need to accept the fact that the av will be hanging around & will just have to ignore it. I've been around plenty of annoying people and have successfully ignored them, so I know it can be done!

Hmmmm, blabbermouth champions? I think we can do that too! We can talk about things like, our favorite music! At the moment no one in particular comes to mind, tho.........

Thanks Dee for the new thread! I'll check in with you guys a lil' later!
Old 06-14-2017, 02:55 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Old 06-14-2017, 02:55 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you didn't disappear either Kiki,
I hope that you find whatever it is you need this time to stay sober for good

D
Old 06-14-2017, 03:08 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Morning!

I just may need that caffeine drip this morning Purplrks. I was up most of the night talking to my best friend. He broke up with his boyfriend of eight years and was pretty upset. I did consider more than once during our talk how grateful I was to be sober enough to pick up the phone when he called and not passed out drunk. Small but significant.

Thanks for the new home Dee!!

Kiki - glad you're still here with us. I consider my journey more about progress than perfection....and you have made a lot of progress. Stick around - we need one another. ❤️

Well off to find some startin' fluid...happy hump day!!