Notices

Class of October 2017 Support Thread pt. 4

Old 11-10-2017, 01:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of October 2017 Support Thread pt. 4

last part here:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...pt-3-a-20.html (Class of October 2017 Support Thread pt. 3)

D
Old 11-10-2017, 01:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Thanks, Dee!
Old 11-10-2017, 02:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Morning / Evening SR...

Day 30 today it's very cold here but a beautiful clear morning, bright blue sky...

I'm trying to pull myself round and pick my mood back up, the office just put me on this trial wage alongside my commission and this week I've done S**T to put it bluntly. I really need a good day today or they'll just scrap the wage then I'm back to square one. Was up most of the night again last night, got about 3 hours I think so drinking a couple of strong coffees now to get going.

I'm going to throw myself into work and hammer it then get Zygi out on a nice walk in this glorious sunshine.

Sending Love & Strength to all SR family!

Will check in again later.

K x
Old 11-10-2017, 02:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wow, just said about the "glorious sunshine" the sky is now black and it's pouring with rain.
Good old English weather!!!! haha.

Old 11-10-2017, 02:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Kit, I'm having to assume you are engaged in some form of commission based sales...?
You will know and they will know that sales just does that sometimes.
You had a great week recently and sometimes that just temporarily empties the well for a few days. Im hopeful that your employer has the wisdom to take a longer term view rather than to just look at one week in isolation.
I dont know by what mechanisms you earn your usual commission but often is sales the work we put in this week bears fruit next week and sometimes even next month.
They went along with your suggestion (or at least a similar arrangement) and that means they evaluated your contribution and they wanted to facilitate you.
Steady, consistent progress is what will get you there (not unlike your journey of sobriety).
If they ask to re-visit your arrangement, suggest that everyone gives it 6 weeks before making any rash decisions.....
I hope it brightens up for you (even if the weather doesnt!)

Victor
Old 11-10-2017, 03:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you Victor

I'm Business Development Manager for them so I do all the leg work getting into large companies and set meetings up and write and submit proposals and so on.
You are right and that does make me feel better as I know it's true and I know they know that and they know I'll get the results we need. I just haven't been able to communicate with many businesses this week. I'm going to do what I can today and put it down to a bad week, then Monday is a new day! I'm usually so confident but this week I've shied away from talking to anyone, just been an emotional week but I'm keeping in mind what Wax said about "embracing the process" the lows are part of me getting better so bring it on! ...

We had any word from LuLu yet!?!?!? Hope you're OK LuLu, thinking of you.

K x
Old 11-10-2017, 04:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Kit-Sending good thoughts your way. I have no idea about the sales world, but I'm sure it has to be stressful. My son is in sales and I don't know how he deals with it.

Badge-I thought you worked in the control room. You can hear inmates from there? Hang in there.
Old 11-10-2017, 04:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hello everyone-

We got our first snowfall last night.
I'm actually outside right now and it's snowing again. It's 730 am and there's a half moon above me. It's chilly and I don't like it. Trying to literally wake up as I've not slept all night.
I start moving today. Have lots to do.
I was thinking about how I got here and how I thought I would never escape. I never could see this day coming. I've often described my time here like I was living in a cult and if I didn't escape I wouldn't survive.
Its emotional. I'm emotional. I hate to leave my dad. Always thought I would be the one taking care of him at his old age. My mom definitely did not want me here. And I know my dad is upset too. I'm feeling many different emotions right now.
Gonna get going. Just wanted to check in. I think it's day 7.
Old 11-10-2017, 05:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thinking of you Waxfruit!
Sounds a tough situation, hope the move goes well and you soon settle into your new place...
I obviously don;t know enough to comment / advise on the situation with your parents but just thought maybe writing a little letter to your Dad may be nice / good idea... as I said it's difficult to know whats best but thinking of you and wishing you happiness!!!

K x
Old 11-10-2017, 05:05 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

By the way- I am very excited to move!

Kit- thank you .. that's a great idea. I will do that. Even if I don't give it to him, I can at least get it out.
Old 11-10-2017, 05:30 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Morning Class!!

Like alot of you said, the weather is cold here as well. In the 20's but sunny at least with a few snow flakes. (Sorry for the weatherman impersonation)

Day 38 today. Today is the day (Friday) that I start to get low again, and then the AV hits. I cant wait til this changes, if ever.

I see so many of you are doing good, thats so great!! And some going thru struggles also, im with you!!

Wishing everyone here a great day and weekend aswell!! Sending positive thoughts to all of you!!

Brighten
Old 11-10-2017, 05:48 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I want to add one more thing- I am ever so grateful to have found sr and super grateful for all of you.
Old 11-10-2017, 06:23 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Cclarity- I can't wait to use your sons phrase when I get settled in.

Ready- I could totally relate to what you were saying yesterday about consequences, self care, gratitude and forgiveness of self. And congrats on your 21 days!

GetBetter- the 5 why's. Very useful, thank you. Been thinking about it as I sit here and wonder why I can't get motivated!

Signing off- I think.... lol
Old 11-10-2017, 06:58 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bobdrop View Post
Kit-Sending good thoughts your way. I have no idea about the sales world, but I'm sure it has to be stressful. My son is in sales and I don't know how he deals with it.

Badge-I thought you worked in the control room. You can hear inmates from there? Hang in there.
Oh yes I can, and do. I control all their movement to yards, medical etc. they have access to me through an intercom system (that I wish I could electrify). they can be very very very draining,,,,,

Sorry I have not been able to reply to other posts, will try to catch up with everyone later

Love ya

Badge
Old 11-10-2017, 07:48 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hello friends!

Day 8. Wax and I have similar times. Also, I went back with my parents at 46 years old. I’ve been there 11 months. Time flies. They are old and I know they’re happy I’m in the house. It’s a big place so there’s plenty of room. Off the main house there is a mud room entry way that separates a TV den and my dads old office. We basically emptied the office and put a setup for me in there. No rent, electric, cable, internet saves a TON of money. Especially when any decent efficiency in the area is $1200. As long as I’m polite and kind and do little things around the house, they’re very happy. However it’s not forever.

I spend a ton at Whole Foods because I’m a health nut. Also I stopped at Town Fair Tire to get tires for my brother and my rear tires were borderline. The guy found 2 very high end 70k tires they had left over (about $190 each) for $95 each. I saw the massive tread depth and said ‘do it.’ It’s nice to be able to do that. If they had 2 more I would have gone back the next day because they’re amazing. I’ve done everything to that car and good tires is really what it lacked.

Anyway, I’ve got stuff to bring back to the outdoor store that I’ve decided against. REI is having the semi annual sale starting today, so I’ll be over there. I’m replacing my Fenix PD35 flashlight that I’ve had for years with the newer model. My sales dude over there put one behind the counter for me.

It’s cold today, 33 degree high, and winds.

Time to start strategizing for 3pm-4pm.

I’ll check back later.

Viper
Old 11-10-2017, 08:01 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Good morning October group!

Been having an interesting dialogue with the AV the last couple of days - that SOB is trying to convince me that I can have some drinks in Orlando at a conference next week. Don't know if its a sign or not, but I found a cap from a Tito's vodka bottle sitting next to my drivers seat last night?? I will take that as a NO on cocktails!

Ba bam!
Old 11-10-2017, 09:17 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Sending out happiness and strength to you all for the weekend!
Old 11-10-2017, 12:11 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Snow and cold for so many, I guess complaining that it was 40 degrees this morning won't get any sympathy. It turned out to be a sunny day, thankfully and my youngest had an assembly at school and the singing was just beautiful.

Everyone I am so glad you are here with me! I want to see snow but I don't want a whole bunch of it for a long duration so my sympathies to those in the US dealing with that. England cold is the sort that cuts right through you- snow or no!

I am still not drinking but working on a sugar hangover which is also crap. What happened that I can no longer tolerate caffeine sugar or alcohol? I feel like Ned Flanders on the Simpsons.
Old 11-10-2017, 01:22 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

CClarity: God is showing you a sign indeed. The AV is the enemy lying to you. God made sure you'd find that cap so you are able to play the movie all the way to the end. You know the ending, it's not good.

Brighten: Let's change your wording/thought process around. You stated a questioning attitude when you said (bold underline added for emphasis): "Today is the day (Friday) that I start to get low again, and then the AV hits. I cant wait til this changes, if ever." Let's just stop at the "I can't wait til this changes." Improve your confidence and realize that you CAN change it. It WILL improve. Don't doubt yourself, KNOW you will change it.

This is where I wish more of you knew the power of God. In one hour, literally one hour, all of my guilt was lifted and I haven't had a single urge since and I'm coming up on 2 weeks. Not a single urge. When the guilt was lifted it was palpable. I mean a real physical sensation. Can't really describe it other than to say it was warm.

I'm really glad some of you are taking to the 5 whys, it can be a powerful tool.

I've decided that I will no longer keep track of what day I'm on. To me it is too much of a constant reminder of where I was instead of looking ahead to where I'm going. I have a recurring alarm on my calendar to remind me when it has been roughly a month but otherwise I don't give it any thought whatsoever. Too much of a distraction. I just take it day by day and am thankful for that.
Old 11-10-2017, 01:29 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
O-n K-a-r A-r-r-e-s-t

I made it home sans alcohol!
I went to the store and twice just turned my head and wheeled my little buggy by the beer aisle and a big stack of twelve packs. I stopped to let my dad see the car and he really likes it. He told me he told my nephew that I had a wreck and he said I just left it at that. My mom and dad always love me no matter what.... I am so grateful but feel horrible at what they have got back from me I hope I have given up being the problem child from here on out and forever. I have worn that crappy title for way too long. I love my car but have no idea of how to work half the crap on it. I brought the book inside to study this weekend ha. This is just another thing that makes me feel old.
Like everyone else, it is cold outside. I bought some fruit, a bunch of asparagus and a big old sweet potato. But I also bought a thing of ice cream and butter toffee creamer for my coffee along with chips I already had. So some good and bad (comforting) foods. Funny how without drinking there is a big focus on food and eating. I know everyone is hating the cold including my poor parents (they are older and it hurts their bones) but I love it....I'm feeling cozy in my pajamas in my house right now. Happy start of the weekend everyone. I made it home okay and am tucked in without alcohol and not thinking about getting any either.