Notices

One Year and Under Club Part 59

Old 07-17-2017, 07:20 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

JCNY- I have been to both sides of the falls and it sure is beautiful!! Enjoy your vacation. I went to Shoshone falls this week. I will post a picture if I can.

Barbs- I am sure you will find the perfect puppy when the time is right.

Helen & STDragon - I am so glad you both are embracing and enjoying sobriety!! That turning of the corner is so crucial in staying sober for the long haul![IMG]s357.photobucket.com/user/middy1981/media/IMG_0159_zpscva6fh9f.jpg.html[/IMG]
Old 07-17-2017, 07:40 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Okay here is the picture of Shoshone Falls in Idaho.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_0160.JPG (89.7 KB, 81 views)
Old 07-17-2017, 03:34 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

JCNY - I've been to Niagara Falls 3 times now. Spent my honeymoon there. My husband and I are talking about returning for another trip in September to celebrate our 30th anniversary but haven't made any concrete plans yet. We always loved the Canadian side. So much going on and great views of the falls, but we did find some beautiful quiet spots in NY too.

Midwest - I'm trying to be patient about a puppy. I don't know how long I can wait. My husband is in need of a lift that only Lulu could provide
Shoshone Falls looks beautiful!

Helen - I'm glad your visit with your daughter and granddaughter was wonderful. Early mornings have always been my favorite time of the day. It's so wonderful to be up and feeling good to enjoy them these days
Old 07-17-2017, 03:39 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Thanks Midwest & Barbs. I'm not familiar with Shoshone Falls, but that picture is beautiful.

I just accidentally got a little grease from the barbecue on the comforter, I'm in the doghouse now! I hope everybody has a great day and week
Old 07-17-2017, 11:32 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Wonderful photo Mid, beautiful falls.

Barb, here we have something called 'Borrow my Doggy' so for people who can't have a dog for some reason, ( or aren't yet ready to invest the time and emotion on a new one) you can join an online site where you can put your name down as either walker or minder or holiday relief or any combination. You meet up with the owner and the dog first, see how you all get along, then if everyone is happy you become a part career in that dogs life. It's a great idea, I would imagine there is a similar thing there?

JC I am a klutz and was forever on the receiving end of a huff for whatever I'd done. But more and more, when hubby does something wrong ( like spilling a glass of red wine all over my ( fortunately red) sofa, I just tell him 'it's okay it was an accident. Accidents happen, let's just get it cleaned up.' The more I do that, the less I now get it in the neck when I make mistakes. It's also much better for my blood pressure not to get wound up over the little things. And let's face it, if grease on the comforter is the worst thing happening in your world right now? How lucky are you! If you aren't out the dog house soon, go visit Barb for a few treats!!!
Old 07-20-2017, 05:20 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

toots, "Borrow my Doggy" sounds wonderful. I will check out programs in my area. My husband's anxiety is creeping into deep depression, Lulu was his therapy.
Old 07-21-2017, 12:16 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Sounds like he needs another focus. Does he work? If not there are plenty of volunteer jobs going at rescue kennels etc. It would give him an outward focus and animal interaction.
Old 07-21-2017, 06:07 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

toots, my husband is a life long workaholic . At the age of 57, I have finally been able to convince him to slow down a bit but he still works a good 70 hours a week. I have looked for programs like "borrow my dog" in my area but there are none to be found. I think I will try to convince him to stop in at the local animal shelter with me.
Old 07-21-2017, 04:01 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds like a good idea Barbs - have a great weekend everyone

D
Old 07-21-2017, 04:57 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!

Barbs, where I live our local Humane Society will post online their pets available for adoption, like on Twitter, etc. Not sure if you've gone that route already, but it could give you an idea with photos and general info on the animals. Just a suggestion

I love those pictures! I've never given myself the chance to travel, being attached to that ball-and-chain for so many years.....I, too, am now a morning person which I NEVER thought would happen. It's pretty freaking awesome!
Old 07-22-2017, 12:10 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

I hope everyone has a great, sober weekend!
Old 07-22-2017, 12:45 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

I ditto that SG

Barb, you could maybe put an ad on Craigslist offering pet sitting/ walking?
Old 07-22-2017, 07:12 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Living the life

Good morning folks.

Barbs I love that idea of volunteering at the Humane Society for your husband. Also, if you think he is settling into a deep depression, a doctor's visit may be in order.

I just got home from a week camping trip at a provincial park. It was hot and muggy with lots of mosquitos but we had a good time.

I was making a coffee in my kitchen tent yesterday morning and it was already hot in there when I was hit by the distant memory of waking up in a really hot tent with a massive hangover and the shame of having made a drunken a$$ out of myself the night before. This particular memory comes from maybe 35 years ago!

In all my years of drinking I would feel guilty not only when I had acted foolishly but again when remembering those times because I still drank and still acted foolishly. I had done nothing to change my behaviour moving forward.

As I sipped on my coffee yesterday looking around at the nearby campsites I felt proud that I could greet any of my neighbours with no need for shame or embarassment over my behaviour. Then I realized I was finally ready to forgive 20yo me and move on. This has to be one of the biggest gifts sobriety has given me.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend.
Old 07-23-2017, 12:55 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Helen forgiveness is a huge step forward in recovery. We wake up clear headed in sobriety, with our shame and memories and regrets. It takes time to let go of all that. I firmly believe that, while I wished I hadn't spent so much of my time drunk, it has helped me to be understanding and non judgemental of others. So I must accept that though my past days days were not entirely productive, I no longer consider them wasted. I also accept that I made mistakes and have regrets, but even in my sobriety, I have made mistakes and have regrets.
I am not perfect. I will continue to make mistakes. It makes it easier, if I can forgive myself those mistakes, learn from them and move forward, to forgive others when they genuinely apologise.
Old 07-23-2017, 08:00 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Living the life

Well put Toots. I am by no means where I want to be yet, I just like to think of myself as the new improved version 2.0! lol I have also been working on understanding and forgiveness of others, it's just taken me awhile to aim that at myself.
Old 07-23-2017, 08:42 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Puppy update - I didn't convince hubby to go to the local animal shelter but he did decide to check out local beagle breeders. It's a start.

Helen - I've been pushing him to go see the doctor for a physical (long past due) but our long time primary care physician, and dear friend, was just diagnosed with cancer and therefore has retired We will have to go to his associate which will be tough for hubby, he hates change.

Forgiveness - very well put Helen and toots! Thank you.
Old 07-24-2017, 12:09 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Self forgiveness is very difficult to wrap one's head around, especially drinking as many decades as I did. Helen, I love your 2.0 analogy. I think that describes us perfectly.
Old 07-25-2017, 12:47 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Administrator

Taking a little break guys for a couple of days - just a little vacay

catch you on the flip side

D
Old 07-25-2017, 04:23 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  
Living the life

Enjoy your time away Dee
Old 07-25-2017, 04:43 AM
  # 120 (permalink)