Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I'm struggling Leshar, but hanging in.
Also glad you made it home safe.

((((Suze))))
Old 06-17-2017, 01:26 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leshar View Post
Hello all,
I returned home in the wee hours of the morning. I've just collected Tiki. I feel lonely. But I wouldn't want to be in a relationship where I was treated with such disrespect, the way my brother treats his wife. I don't know why she puts up with it. It makes for tense times when I visit. It's their relationship and I stay out of it.
I have to learn lines, we have a rehearsal tomorrow evening. My hearts not really in it. I think it's just a pervading melancholy which never really goes away, but it is so much more manageable in sobriety.

Mags, how scary for you. How are you today? What is the course you're taking?

Yes, Snoozy, please check in, if you can. We are all thinking of you.

Suze, how are you? I know it is a difficult time for you. Thinking of you.

Thank you to all of you, you are all a salve to me in times of loneliness. Love to all.
Glad that you are back home safely, Leshar.

Love and hugs, sweetie.
Old 06-17-2017, 01:26 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thinking of you, Snooz.
Old 06-17-2017, 05:07 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

It's been a cloudy humid day here in the North East. I went to an auction this afternoon with my dad. It was cool to spend some time with him looking over old farming equipment. Relaxing now in the screen house with my wife.
The mosquitoes are on the prowl outside the screens. Thank goodness we have it up.
Hope to hear from you snoozums.
I'll be on the site later tonight.
Take care everyone.
Old 06-17-2017, 07:05 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by resolute50 View Post
It's been a cloudy humid day here in the North East. I went to an auction this afternoon with my dad. It was cool to spend some time with him looking over old farming equipment. Relaxing now in the screen house with my wife.
The mosquitoes are on the prowl outside the screens. Thank goodness we have it up.
Hope to hear from you snoozums.
I'll be on the site later tonight.
Take care everyone.
The screen house sounds like a great place to cool off on the evening without those blasted mosquitoes.

Enjoy your night.
Old 06-17-2017, 07:06 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Goodnight, good morning, all.

Sweet dreams, sweet days.
Old 06-17-2017, 07:06 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Wishing ❤️ Love ❤️and Peace for all
Old 06-17-2017, 07:07 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Sending extra love your way, Snooz.
Old 06-17-2017, 11:46 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad you're feeling better Mags

I hope you'll feel better too back in familiar surround Leshar

Happy Fathers day to you Bob and to anyone else celebrating it on Sunday

D
Old 06-18-2017, 03:04 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Snooz?

D
Lol Dee , thank you that made me chuckle. How cute.
I've just caught up with your posts and thanks as always for your support you wonderful people

I'm feeling a lot stronger today and I'm in a much better, stronger frame of mind than the past few days.

I've come to realise I have no say in this life and we are ALL just participants .what is going to happen will happen & there is nothing I or anything anyone can do to stop it. It's how we deal with it and offer support that is the main thing.

It's been a godsend having an extra busier than usual weekend to keep my mind off of things.

I went to Mum & Dads after work and we all had a really long chat. I bought a beautiful banana and walnut cake from the bakery.
I'm so glad I went as it was a welcome distraction for both of them.

Dad was a lot better than when I left him on Friday .Thank goodness.

The one thing I do know is that I NEVER want to drink again and I'm stronger in my conviction more than ever. There is no way I would be able to handle this present crisis with an altered state of mind.

I would be more of a hindrance than a help

I've had many drinking dreams of late, I don't know what that's about.
As I have no desire, more like repulsion.

I have just left Mum & Dads after a yummy sausage egg and chips dinner ...omg ...loved it.

I went there in my pjs PJ !

Now I'm home in bed with my heated blanket on with 4 cats and 1 little Italian greyhound.

I'm so proud of Shaun. He actually went back to work tonight. He has a bandage over his neck where the wound site is. We need to change them each day but he's feeling really good. Bless his little cotton sox.

I'm so glad our relationship has got back on track as we are so much more considerate and nicer to each other. I really do love him. He's been wonderful. So thoughtful with my Mum when I know how nervous he is anticipating his own results.

Out of all this bad stuff re Shaun , Angie & now my Mum, I think I have become a nicer, more tolerant person.
When I was drinking I was very selfish. It was all about me and my feelings or how my life had been sour at times . How my kids are or whatever.

It is what it is and I have to be ok with that as I don't have the luxury of having a choice.

I've said to Mum that no matter what the outcome, we will deal with it The worst part is the waiting and the NOT knowing. when we find out we are all here to support.

I have rung all of my brothers and sisters , so that way it won't get too much for me if I'm dealing with other stuff.

They were ALL so supportive as I knew they would be ( except my sister in Townsville ) but she's no help with her out of control drinking at the moment.
I'd like to also thank you PJ for helping me to pull back from her after your advice re your brother. It really helped me

I hope you are all having a great weekend.

Life is good so we need to make the most of it whilst we can because nobody knows what tomorrow will bring.

I'm at peace with things and just getting on with it as best as we all can.

I'll continue to live my life surrounded by positive people and try to be the best person I can be. I wish this for all of you too my friends, we have had quite a few trials and tribulations amongst our group of late.

But we have each other, we will survive it.

Much love to each and every one of you , my dear, dear friends xx

xoxoxox
Old 06-18-2017, 03:13 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad to hear from you and to hear you're strong and positive Snooz - thats the Wendy we all know

D
Old 06-18-2017, 03:15 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Thanks my darling friend Dee. You are very special to me xx
Old 06-18-2017, 03:26 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Old 06-18-2017, 03:32 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Snoozy, I am so impressed with your strength! I think you are quite right about us all being participants in this life with little or no control over things. Maybe knowing that helps us with accepting the things we cannot change; no matter how devastating the circumstances...
I think Shaun must be a very special person to put aside his own worries to be there for your Mother. I know it isn't easy to do that.
Hoping for the best possible outcome for your Mother, Shaun, and your friend Angie. You are dealing with so much and handling it all with grace.
Hugs, love and support,
Croutie

Last edited by Croutie; 06-18-2017 at 03:33 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-18-2017, 03:34 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Thanks so much Croutie, it's friends like you who make bearing the burden easier.
I love our July class xxxx
Old 06-18-2017, 07:52 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Dearest Snoozy,
I'm so glad you posted, and what a wonderful, uplifting post, thank you. You have helped me a lot today as I reflect on my visit, personalities, what is really important in life. I'm struggling a bit, but I have much to be thankful for, this wonderful group of people being a very important one! Love you.
Old 06-18-2017, 09:50 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you are doing so much better Wendy love.
Old 06-18-2017, 11:01 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Old 06-18-2017, 11:03 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Old 06-18-2017, 11:06 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ View Post
Lol Dee , thank you that made me chuckle. How cute.
I've just caught up with your posts and thanks as always for your support you wonderful people

I'm feeling a lot stronger today and I'm in a much better, stronger frame of mind than the past few days.

I've come to realise I have no say in this life and we are ALL just participants .what is going to happen will happen & there is nothing I or anything anyone can do to stop it. It's how we deal with it and offer support that is the main thing.

It's been a godsend having an extra busier than usual weekend to keep my mind off of things.

I went to Mum & Dads after work and we all had a really long chat. I bought a beautiful banana and walnut cake from the bakery.
I'm so glad I went as it was a welcome distraction for both of them.

Dad was a lot better than when I left him on Friday .Thank goodness.

The one thing I do know is that I NEVER want to drink again and I'm stronger in my conviction more than ever. There is no way I would be able to handle this present crisis with an altered state of mind.

I would be more of a hindrance than a help

I've had many drinking dreams of late, I don't know what that's about.
As I have no desire, more like repulsion.

I have just left Mum & Dads after a yummy sausage egg and chips dinner ...omg ...loved it.

I went there in my pjs PJ !

Now I'm home in bed with my heated blanket on with 4 cats and 1 little Italian greyhound.

I'm so proud of Shaun. He actually went back to work tonight. He has a bandage over his neck where the wound site is. We need to change them each day but he's feeling really good. Bless his little cotton sox.

I'm so glad our relationship has got back on track as we are so much more considerate and nicer to each other. I really do love him. He's been wonderful. So thoughtful with my Mum when I know how nervous he is anticipating his own results.

Out of all this bad stuff re Shaun , Angie & now my Mum, I think I have become a nicer, more tolerant person.
When I was drinking I was very selfish. It was all about me and my feelings or how my life had been sour at times . How my kids are or whatever.

It is what it is and I have to be ok with that as I don't have the luxury of having a choice.

I've said to Mum that no matter what the outcome, we will deal with it The worst part is the waiting and the NOT knowing. when we find out we are all here to support.

I have rung all of my brothers and sisters , so that way it won't get too much for me if I'm dealing with other stuff.

They were ALL so supportive as I knew they would be ( except my sister in Townsville ) but she's no help with her out of control drinking at the moment.
I'd like to also thank you PJ for helping me to pull back from her after your advice re your brother. It really helped me

I hope you are all having a great weekend.

Life is good so we need to make the most of it whilst we can because nobody knows what tomorrow will bring.

I'm at peace with things and just getting on with it as best as we all can.

I'll continue to live my life surrounded by positive people and try to be the best person I can be. I wish this for all of you too my friends, we have had quite a few trials and tribulations amongst our group of late.

But we have each other, we will survive it.

Much love to each and every one of you , my dear, dear friends xx

xoxoxox
Fantastic post, Snooz.

We are here for you, always!!!!!

Sending so much love and strength, too.