Administrator

Class of March 2013 Part 51

Last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-50-a-20.html

D
Old 05-28-2017, 06:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Things that go b.... in the night.

Quiet day. Cooked up lots of chicken + ginger_garlic+ rice stir fry. Cook'n freeze. My counsellor was so impressed by me doing this- after hearing of me doing it on the friday, he went out and bought a freezer and does the same. Now I know I influence others- I hunger for power.
I know what is best for people. They do not want to think for themselves- I will do that. Yes my friends- a new world order. Will you join me? I choose B as my number 1- and will be in charge of all old people activities. I will be in charge of pointless and absurd facts and humour. The world will run okay- because everybody will have sponsors, and go to meetings- eat coffee and drink biscuits.
ok - feel better now. Time to do some more recovery homework. Better than watching batman reruns- they are on Val-K tonight.
Old 05-28-2017, 06:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yum - PJ, you can come cook for me anytime!

Thanks, Dee.
Old 05-28-2017, 11:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Had a lovely day in Ebro, both daughter & gson were in great spirits which made the world a happy place. If even one had been grumpy it would have been a completely different day! It was a long one too & poor Molly was left alone for way longer than I normally would, ( unplanned, trains were irregular) but she was good as gold. Came out the house like an Exocet and squatted for minutes the moment we opened the door! ( Molly, not me, just for confirmation

Duff,mwe had a lovely day, and I sent the city your regards. Did you enjoy the beach?
Old 05-29-2017, 03:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Toots, happy to hear you had a good visit

Have a lovely day, Marchers!
Old 05-30-2017, 01:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Tiger...ugh. It's all everyone here is talking about - he got pulled over literally in my neighborhood. I guess that's my big claim to fame - lol.

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Spent it at the beach and did some sea kayaking with the boys so no complaints here.
Old 05-31-2017, 03:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sounds like a lovely weekend, Duff :-). How goes the divorce? With lots of tincture of time, the emotions eventually do get quieter but I do recall how difficult it was for the first few years. It was well worth it after I got through the hard parts.
Old 05-31-2017, 08:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Sass! Still in the thick of it with the divorce. It's such a terrible terrible process. I had a massive victory yesterday, tho. The judge granted me decision making authority over my youngest who can't read. It's been a 3 year fight with his dad but I finally got him evaluated and learned what I've always known - that he has a learning disability. Yesterday the school put an IEP (individualized ed plan) in place and beginning next year he will be receiving the accommodations and resources he's entitled to! I am fighting back and this was a massive victory!!

We are getting closer to having a final hearing date and that will bring tremendous relief. But yeah, it's hard. Thanks for asking
Old 05-31-2017, 09:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

That's great, Duff! IEPs are truly a Godsend!
Old 05-31-2017, 09:44 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

hi guys ! Popping in to say HI ! Having difficulty getting along with H again. Grrrr.
I will hang in there ----it's just one of those days.
Hope everyone is fine.
Babs
Old 05-31-2017, 11:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Duff that's great news. It may also highlight to the judge about how your concern is primarily for your children not on how things might appear to aquaintances which seems to be your husbands concern. Maybe I'm wrong, but I find it hard to understand why any one wouldn't want to know for sure whether their child had learning difficulties. I'm sure your wee man will progress in both ability and confidence now he has the right help.
Old 06-01-2017, 03:05 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I know Toots - no one can figure out his thinking. The judge even asked him if he thinks Harvard is going to look at his 1st grade record when he applies there (hee hee).

I'm chaperoning the 2nd grade bowling trip today. Budd, I remember how much you used to love those kid groups!!

Today is also the start of the hurricane season...
Old 06-01-2017, 03:13 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Duff, I'm delighted to hear about the judge's decision! I know you will make well-thought out decisions for your son - he's a lucky boy. I'll celebrate with you when this is over
Old 06-01-2017, 03:21 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thank you, Sass!! Yes I can't wait to have a HUGE celebration when this is over! You've been with me through this entire journey
Old 06-01-2017, 06:51 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Proud of you Duff ! You are doing a great job.
Babs
Old 06-01-2017, 11:26 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thanks guys! Your encouragement means the world to me
Old 06-02-2017, 04:41 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Babs, I hope things go better with your H. Relationships are hard!
Old 06-02-2017, 06:36 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

You are one person who does a great job of bouncing back from difficulty, Babs.

You fully feel the bad emotions without stuffing them; then soon you level yourself and move on.

That really inspires me.
Old 06-02-2017, 08:16 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

you know what you guys. I'm just a crabby person some days and then H just says the wrong thing and his tone just sets me off. Grrrrr. But, really of course I think I'm fun loving and happy . Ha ha ha ha
Life is good. I just need to vent and you guys always change my attitude. But, and I say BUT ! ! ! he does P--- me off.
Babs
Old 06-02-2017, 09:31 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi guys! Checking in, long time no post I know.

Toots, glad you had a good visit. Are you in Scotland now, or some other lovely place?

Duff, I'm so glad you got to make progress with your son! The earlier you get a handle on learning disabilities, the quicker he can overcome them. Good on you. Your ex? Whatevah.
If it's any consolation, nobody here is talking about tiger. I just hope he gets some help and moves on. The chance of that being "accidental drug interaction" seems pretty slim to me, so get some recovery and get a better life.

Guess that's how I am about recovery these days. I don't really know the person I used to be. I remember it being SO HARD to stop drinking, SO HARD to stay sober, so much white knuckling, such fear. I don't want to ever forget that, but I don't really know that wehav anymore. I'm much more "get on with it" than before. It's so nice to have less fear!

Babs, just be really sweet with your husband when you come to your senses, then your husband will feel better if you bite his head off. That's what mrs. Wehav does .

Have a good one, everyone!! Hugs to sassy, pj, everyone else here in marchers!