Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 51

Old 06-08-2017, 03:14 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

37 years is really something, Babs--especially when it's not all peaches and cream!

You guys must be doing something right!

May your next year be pleasant and smooth!

Even if your husband doesn't have anything out of the ordinary planned, give yourself a special treat. Take a day to dedicate to your own peace of mind.
Old 06-08-2017, 11:29 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Happy Anniversary Babs.

Mr T & I will have a meagre 9 years later this month!

Duff, we have been getting some r&r but also doing odd bits around the house. We bought a few pictures and ornaments to fill blank walls and shelves, which all look nice. It's really getting to feel like home here. Got a few more days before we head home, hubby Monday to England for work, me Tuesday to Scotland.

Gilmer you really are a super brain I can't even concentrate on learning Spanish!
Old 06-09-2017, 04:21 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

It's not much good when you forget everything the day after!
Old 06-09-2017, 09:12 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

It's a warm one here today and possible thunder storms tonight. and Boy ! do we need the rain. I planted more flowers last night and still waiting to hear if my step daughter and son are coming. I'm not one to handle the waiting part. I like to know. Soooo, Hope you have a great week-end.
Hey Toots! when you get done hanging new things on your walls come and give mine a different look.
Later guys
Babs :
Old 06-09-2017, 09:16 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

p.s. also thank you for the congratulations. I tend to feel sorry for myself at times.
Gilmer---I think I will treat myself to a day of fun. thanks
Babs
Old 06-10-2017, 04:33 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Sounds good, Babs! We all need some fun in our lives :-)
Old 06-11-2017, 03:39 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Up early this morning, heading to Virginia for a 17 mile bike trail, mostly all downhill!
Old 06-11-2017, 03:46 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hi Ken, good to hear from you!
Old 06-11-2017, 05:06 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Hi, Budd!
Old 06-11-2017, 06:21 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Sounds like fun, Budd!

I actually just got something from your tag line: "When you feel like starting, think about why you quit!" I know what that is in reference to but right now for me it fits into another area of my life. I will admit that there are times when I wonder if I did the right thing, and wonder if we should try to reconcile for the kids b/c you all know how I hate my time apart from them. But the truth is that they're thriving and have adjusted so well to our new schedule that it's me that's struggling dealing with it. Anyway, during those times when I wonder if I should go back I have to remember why I "quit" in the first place. Kind of like we do with drinking, play the tape through to the end. You really can apply many of our coping techniques to other areas of our lives as well.
Old 06-11-2017, 06:24 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

(((((Duff)))))
Old 06-11-2017, 02:42 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Good thinking, Duff! You are right that no matter how bad it was, we still tend to want the familiar. I hope you'll find this easier
Old 06-11-2017, 04:31 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Exactly correct Duff,

Sherri and I talked once or twice about getting back together. I can only think that it would have ended up as a huge mistake. As you said its you who is struggling.

Just finishing up a great weekend. Saturday, Tracy, her son, DIL, and granddaughter went to Gatlinburg for the day, we played Hillbilly Golf, rode down a mountain on an alpine sled, went to a "world of Illusions " show, walked around and ate quite a bit.
Today, we went to Damascus, VA and rode the "Creeper Trail". As I said , it is a 17 mile trail that is mostly downhill, plenty of places to stop and enjoy the scenery. I'll post a few pics I got,. starting with my new Buddtruck and Budcycle!buddtruckresize.jpg
Old 06-11-2017, 04:35 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

bike resize.jpgThe start of the trail
Old 06-11-2017, 04:37 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Nice vehicles, Ken!
Old 06-11-2017, 04:41 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

treesresize.jpgA Christmas Tree farm, it smelled like pine and vanilla.
Old 06-11-2017, 04:46 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

waterfalresizel.jpgA waterfall along the way.
Old 06-12-2017, 01:48 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Budd you are like buses.... Waited ages for a post then three come along at once!
Great to hear from you mate, sounds like life is suiting you just fine.

Duff, I hear you, it occasionally seems easier to take the path of least resistance, yet we all know from life's experience that in the long run it works out way harder. Perhaps the fact you are struggling with time apart from the boys is telling you that you need to put more effort into making an independent life for you, Duff, independent, strong, sweet n sassy. You are not only mother and provider, you are woman too. Now is the time to find yourself sweetie.
Old 06-12-2017, 04:31 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Duff, what Toots said.

Ken, thanks for the pics! Is that you? You look great! And it sounds like you and Tracy had a good time :-).
Old 06-12-2017, 04:41 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
Budd you are like buses.... Waited ages for a post then three come along at once!
Great to hear from you mate, sounds like life is suiting you just fine.

Duff, I hear you, it occasionally seems easier to take the path of least resistance, yet we all know from life's experience that in the long run it works out way harder. Perhaps the fact you are struggling with time apart from the boys is telling you that you need to put more effort into making an independent life for you, Duff, independent, strong, sweet n sassy. You are not only mother and provider, you are woman too. Now is the time to find yourself sweetie.
Haha that's so true about Budd and the bus! Had me laughing.

As usual you're spot on, Toots. You're a very insightful woman. This is definitely a season of growth for me. I'm trying to find that woman you write about! I'm getting there, week by week I see small changes and the pain becomes slightly less and less. My friend said yesterday that if my ex wants to take on the work of minding the kids day in & day out every other week then let him. Let him step up for once and then I can focus on making that independent life for myself that you mention.

Budd, looks like you had a wonderful day and glad to see you're taking advantage of your new environment. No mountain biking downhill in the Keys! Thanks for the photos.