# 381 (permalink)  

That's super, Gilmer
Old 08-18-2017, 04:51 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Thanks, you guys!
Old 08-19-2017, 12:10 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

a great result for your hard work Gilmer, be proud!

All good on Tootsville, no new news on Pater, still confused. Been told he will be in hospital until at least mid week next week.
Old 08-19-2017, 03:53 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Take care of yourself, too, Toots
Old 08-19-2017, 05:57 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

I hope they get his infection under control and he gets his lucidity back soon, Toots.
Old 08-20-2017, 02:10 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

hi guys been out of touch will catch up.
Babs
Old 08-20-2017, 02:12 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Take care, Babs.

How are things going with your mother-in-law?
Old 08-20-2017, 02:36 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

hi Gilmer !
My hubby talked to her today and seems a little depressed.
It's a natural thing when you are just plain tired and wore out.
thank you for asking.
Babs
Old 08-21-2017, 03:19 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Babs, congrats on 1 year and 4 months!
Old 08-21-2017, 03:32 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats from me too Babs

D
Old 08-21-2017, 05:09 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Wow Babs! Congratulations!!!! You've worked hard for it!

And congrats to you too, Gilmer. Not that I'm surprised that you'd ace another class.

So much going on right now. Just got back from a weekend in Sea World to celebrate my little one's 7th birthday. I think they had one of the best trips of their life and it wasn't because Sea World is so amazing (lol) but I think it's because it was stress free - no fighting, no stress. How far we've come in a year. Today is one year exactly that I sat my ex down and told him I wanted a divorce. 3 weeks until our trial and so much to prepare.

I hope everyone had a great weekend and I hope you'll get better news about your dad soon, Toots.
Old 08-21-2017, 08:00 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

I'm glad it was a wonderful weekend, Duff.

And congratulations, Babs!
Old 08-21-2017, 08:30 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Mum has been quite unwell, I think the stress of what is happening with my dad is upsetting her. Saturday he was quite verbally agressive, and I think she is concerned that he might continue like that or worse, become physical. We still hope that the cause of his sudden onset of confusion is the infection, but worry he may not come all the way back as he was already deteriorating mentally in recent months. I travel down tomorrow.

Duff, what a difference it makes not having a self absorbed, shallow annoyance on holiday with you... II bet the boys were a lot more relaxed. I am never going on holiday with daughter again, three strikes, she's out!!!
Old 08-21-2017, 08:43 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Toots, I am saying this from the bottom of my heart. Keep on top of the infection and make sure it's completely healed.

When it is, if he's still confused, beware. Dementia doesn't improve, it only gets worse.

If he becomes at all belligerent, please don't let your mother or you children try to "manage" him. That will be the time to get him into a dementia care home.

They are expensive (at least here in the States) but you can't put a price tag on your mother's sanity and peace.

The random aggression and violence is horrible. My dad never hit us, but he smashed furniture and broke windows. Even though they might seem frail physically, in a delusion they develop the strength of ten men.
Old 08-21-2017, 08:44 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

WHEW ! ! ! ! I FINALLY GOT IN AGAIN ! !
Thank you for all the Congrats.
Hugs to you Toots --You just want things to be right. and I can relate to the daughter thing. There's a lot going on with mine also just don't know how I'm going to handle a few things yet.
But, I'm sober and that's my pride and joy today ! ! ! I'm Happy !
Just got back from the lakes and have errands to run. So, will catch up soon !
Babs
Old 08-21-2017, 08:48 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Have a wonderful day, Babs!
Old 08-22-2017, 02:59 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Duff, good to hear you are feeling positive. Unhappy and fighting parents too often stay together "for the sake of the kids" but it does them so much harm. I'm sending thoughts and prayers for your court event

Babs, glad you're happy :-)

Gilmer, so sorry you had to deal with that with your dad

(((Toots)))
Old 08-22-2017, 04:56 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Thanks Gilmer, I remember the last few months with your dad, you did your best by him, I know it was tough on you both.
I am beginning to wonder whether this infection has been around for months, flaring up periodically. He has had countless anti biotics, and I just don't think they are working properly against the infection any more. Plus, and this is not easy to figure, he is selfish and self absorbed. He has exaggerated his illnesses in the past, and we would not put it beyond him to do the same with his current symptoms if it suited him. This makes it almost impossible to know how I'll he really is, how affected he is by his infection. He is the boy who cried wolf, he is a manipulator, he is a selfish self absorbed bast4rd, and he likes wielding power. Add all that to genuine illness and it is a nightmare scenario. In the past he has used his superior size to 'punish' us kids. ( looking back I can't think of what crime I might have committed that required a leather belt being taken to my backside) and although I never saw evidence of him being physical with my mum, I wouldn't put it beyond him and he certainly cruelly psychologically abused her. What truly concerns me, is if he considers a little mental confusion as carte blanche or, worse, if dementia frees the less anti social and more violent aspects to his nature.
If that became the case we would definitely have to find him a placement. With regards to costs, much depends on income, savings etc, as to how much an individual has to pay. We would deal with that if it comes about.
I cannot make any judgements on anything until I spend some time around him. My SIL said he was a lot more compus mentus yesterday, so here's hoping!

Thank you all for your thoughts and support.

Belated congratulations Babs, x
Old 08-22-2017, 08:23 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

hi guys
Just checking in to say Hi !
Toots ! I just want to send you this big ((((((HUG))))))
Babs
Old 08-23-2017, 12:13 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

My brother went to see dad last night and said he was almost back to his old self mentally. Because of this strange bruising on his kidney they have warned him he needs to be really careful not to fall. So the night after they took the catheter out he went sleepwalking and fell in the bathroom! So yesterday morning he was down in stay getting his wrist checked out. It has been splinted for a fortnight. We are not sure how that will affect his mobility, as his legs are bad and after 10 days of imposed bed rest he has lost a lot of muscle strength. He will need to use a walking frame and we are not sure if his wrist will be a problem. Mum is feeling better and Molly is cheering her up. I will be in to visit dad today