Notices

Class of March 2016 part 48

Old 05-23-2017, 08:41 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

forgive the lack of activity. This job literally kicks my but. I'm trying to learn how to balance work with health and happiness. Nothing as changed in my situation either. Just being patient and trying to make sure I stay sober that's all. Tonight I hit 160 days!! I cannot believe how fast life took over and had many things change for me and I'm still sober. Through this all I'm still sober and I'm ok. 🤗 I'm really ok and will be ok

I home everyone is having a good night
Old 05-23-2017, 09:33 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Work was not especially lucrative but it's over. Finally. Going to play some Zelda for an hour or so and wind down. I'm basically at the end of the basic game though there are a bazillion little side quest things I could still do.

Congrats on 160, Keets!

Have a great sober day, Phoenix and Mish and immri and Dee. Sleep well, my fellow North Americans. Talk to you all in the morning.
Old 05-23-2017, 09:41 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Keets

D
Old 05-24-2017, 01:48 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Keets View Post
forgive the lack of activity. This job literally kicks my but. I'm trying to learn how to balance work with health and happiness.
Let me know if you figure this out

Congrats on 160 days. That's fantastic!
Old 05-24-2017, 01:52 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Downside of staying in a hotel with players from 4 college baseball teams - the fire alarm just went off - 3:30am. Talked with the security guy - someone definitely pulled the alarm. Well, I guess a false alarm is better than a real alarm. Hopefully, sleep returns.
Old 05-24-2017, 02:16 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

MITA- in the first recovery stage (communal kitchens) I was in last year- a young bloke (high on something he told me later) prepared tea for himself- by connecting 'toast' and 'heat; So he turned on a solid hot plate to high and put a toaster on it. Full evac- 2 units (firies0 with full breather gear, probably $4k.
Old 05-24-2017, 02:54 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Old 05-24-2017, 03:34 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

HA! Coincidence? I just had a hot shower (hotter than last weeks- getting cold, helps with pain). The unit I am in has a smoke detector just outside the bathroom- which I do not shut the door, as I am here alone. The last 2 nights the damn detector has gone off 3 times when having a shower. Then cut off after 5-6 seconds- but REALLY!
Old 05-24-2017, 03:44 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

160 days is fantastic Keets!! Congratulations. xxx
Driving to work this morning the man on the radio announced it was World Turtle Day. I kid you not. So Happy Turtle Day everyone xxx
Old 05-24-2017, 07:05 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Good morning!!

Well, crap, Mish - now I'm going to have to find the site for World days as well as National days. Happy freaking Turtle Day!

Way to stay sober in the storm, Keets. Great job.

MITA - my son's little league baseball team traveled all over. Other guests had to hate when we arrived. Although I don't believe any of the boys pulled the fire alarm, they were threatened to be kicked off of several premises.

Phoenix - take the batteries out. No, don't. Shut the bathroom door.

Good morning - Purple! Got my starting fluid here. I stayed up too late.

Casey - a bazillion quests seems like a lot.

Have a great day friends!!
Old 05-24-2017, 07:15 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

May 24, 2017
– BROTHER’S DAY
– NATIONAL SCAVENGER HUNT DAY
– NATIONAL ESCARGOT DAY
– AVIATION MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN DAY
– EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES FOR CHILDREN DAY
Old 05-24-2017, 07:17 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Well, BBG - I guess you could hug an aviation maintenance technician today. I really do appreciate those guys.
Old 05-24-2017, 07:24 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I have absolutely no desire to celebrate Escargot Day on a national or international level.

Stayed up too late after posting in here so dragging this morning. I predict an early morning nap in my near future. Picked up a shift at work tonight. Hopefully it's better than last night. Our kitchen crew did a lousy job last night. But I kept a mostly good attitude. Mostly.

Not gonna take that first drink today. No matter what.
Old 05-24-2017, 08:10 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Hola Marchers!
Congrats on that 160 days, Keets! The big anniversary I looked forward to was six months, which is right around the corner for you.
Well, I've been around! I just lurk as I don't have much to say. Same old same old! Work and exercise. Yard and house work. Add in some meals and TV and that's my life right now. No alcohol though and that's a good thing!
Old 05-24-2017, 08:39 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Upstairs View Post
Hola Marchers!
Congrats on that 160 days, Keets! The big anniversary I looked forward to was six months, which is right around the corner for you.
Well, I've been around! I just lurk as I don't have much to say. Same old same old! Work and exercise. Yard and house work. Add in some meals and TV and that's my life right now. No alcohol though and that's a good thing!
Routine is good, I'm finding. Yard and house work is pretty satisfying, especially since I let a lot of that go undone when I was drinking. Hola , Upstairs!
Old 05-24-2017, 08:41 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
I have absolutely no desire to celebrate Escargot Day on a national or international level.

Stayed up too late after posting in here so dragging this morning. I predict an early morning nap in my near future. Picked up a shift at work tonight. Hopefully it's better than last night. Our kitchen crew did a lousy job last night. But I kept a mostly good attitude. Mostly.

Not gonna take that first drink today. No matter what.
Mostly is better than not mostly, I think. I saw the escargot on both lists. Someone really wants people to try that stuff. Not me either. It is international tiara day though - so there is that.
Old 05-24-2017, 09:07 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

hought for the Day

In twelfth step work, the second thing is confession. By frankly sharing with prospects, we get them talking about their own experiences. They will open up and confess things to us that they haven't been able to tell other people. And they feel better when this confession has been made. It's a great load off their minds to get these things out into the open. It's the things that are kept hidden that weigh on the mind. They feel a sense of release and freedom when they have opened up their hearts to us. Do I care enough about other alcoholics to help them to make a confession?

Meditation of the Day

I should help others all I can. Every troubled soul that God puts in my path is the one for me to help. As I sincerely try to help, a supply of strength will flow into me from God. My circle of helpfulness will widen more and more. God hands out the spiritual food to me and I pass it on to others. I must never say that I have only enough strength for my own need. The more I give away, the more I will keep. That which I keep to myself, I will lose in the end.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may have a sincere willingness to give. I pray that I may not hold back the strength I have received for myself alone.
Old 05-24-2017, 11:02 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

b, MY DEAR, DARLING SWEET CHILD- I CANNOT TURN OFF THE SMOKE DETECTOR- AS THEY ARE ALL WIRED UP TO A MAIN PANEL IN THE STAFFIES OFFICE. caps lock.
Started off a new writer's challenge- a 7 day crash course (online) run by an international authoress. One of them's best selling ones. I am using it to collect my thoughts on the 5 freakin' crap filled journals I filled in the last 18 months. I writing challenge a day. I finished it about 30 minutes after it was set...Got everything in my head now (except sanity) so the words spilled like golden liquid poo.
Old 05-24-2017, 01:10 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Well, BBG - I guess you could hug an aviation maintenance technician today. I really do appreciate those guys.
I really appreciate those guys too Bobbie. But when it comes to huggies they're in the plumber category!!!
Old 05-24-2017, 03:37 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Went over to Mom's after getting a text ~ there were tornado watches & she thinks a small one blew through her neighborhood. She and kitty are okay, just a little shaken up. Some awnings & stuff got blown around and she said a couple of homes lost their roofs. We got lucky! She's so funny....she was outside talking to the neighbors - came back inside and said "A cute firefighter was out there....you should've come out" I'm like MOM!!!

After a two week binge of laziness, I finally went back to the gym. Ugh! It's like coming back after a lapse and having to start all over.....