Notices

One Year & Over Part 50

Old 05-12-2017, 07:55 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

FBL, the book project sounds great. I keep meaning to finish that novel...

Toots, have a safe trip home.

Aries, you are reminding me why I keep procrastinating on the second home renovation. We stayed at the house for the first one, but would have to move out for the second one. I just can't bring myself to do it, especially with so much going on.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:15 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs

Looks like we're having a wet weekend here.

Have a good and safe weekend overs
Old 05-12-2017, 10:35 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

(((Andy))) ♥

And oh no Aries ~ I am so very sorry to hear about your dad. Sending him and you so much love, and sending prayers for his recovery here.

Long day today....long story that had me unwell and missing out on doing some very important stuff. But it will be OK.
I just need to look after myself a lot better over the weekend. And Nick always looks after me, so I'm not alone anymore in any of this.

Love to all of the Overs.
Old 05-13-2017, 01:41 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

I think I've fallen victim of starting two sets of treatment together. A lot was happening to me early in the week and I don't remember being told why the blood samples were being taken or whether to fast. I couldn't finish my breakfast that morning because of a dry mouth caused by the ADs so by mid-morning I was starving so ate a banana 15mins before the blood was taken. So I don't think I'm pre-diabetic and with a largely vegan diet the cholesterol is all mine, as Aries says due to stress, most likely. I see the Doc again on Wednesday so I can talk it all over with him then.

Toots it's great to hear you are free to go home.

Suze big (((hugs))) back to you.

Mrs T and DD are off to Wembley for the Women’s FA cup final. If you want to watch, kick off is at 17:15 British Summer Time and is going to be live on BBC2.

Have a good weekend everyone.
Old 05-13-2017, 02:39 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Andy, I hope mrs T & DD enjoy the match, I've been to a few Scottish cup finals and love it ( men's not women's soccer, we don't have the same interest in the women's game here unfortunately). I doubt we will get tickets this time around, but I expect it will be a beezer! We ( Celtic) are playing Aberdeen, and it is always a grudge match when the Dons play one of the old firm ( specially as we tanned them yesterday 3-1!)
Although I am obviously glad to be heading home, I have enjoyed the time I spent with my mum. I think she has finally realized that running around after my dad does neither of them any favours.
Old 05-13-2017, 03:04 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Glad you enjoyed the time with your Mum.
Old 05-13-2017, 03:45 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Andy, I hope everything sorts itself out with you, medically speaking.

I've been on blood pressure meds for the past couple of years and feel great.

Toots, hope you get home safe and sound.

Have a great weekend, gang!
Old 05-13-2017, 04:02 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

After reading posts this morning there's a lot I want to say but my slowly failing memory makes it difficult to remember your posts by the time I get through all of them . So I wish you all a good Saturday and hope you have weather as beautiful as I have this morning!
Old 05-13-2017, 07:42 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Hi Overs, just enjoying a nice QUIET (thank goodness) morning at home here, listening to BBC 6 and sipping some coffee, about to take Harley out for a walk.
It's raining, as usual.
I would love just a bit of sun on my garden! It's been absolutely soaked the last week, I hope all the water hasn't killed any of my little seedlings trying to grow.
Hey, all my radio fans will be glad to hear, I had my application accepted at the Co-op Radio station here in Vancouver and they're giving me a Friday night slot to pilot my show! It will have to go through a pretty rigorous screening process, it takes about a year before it's even accepted permanently on the station, and I could be kicked off if a committee doesn't think it's good enough. Eep! But I'm so excited just to be able to try! I'm meeting with the program director this week to discuss the details, I have to go through a training program. Will give me something to do on Friday nights!!
I called the program director yesterday about my application because I hadn't heard back, and she said it was perfect timing because a Friday night show had just dropped out and she was searching for something to fill the slot, and thought my show was a good fit.
Anyway.....exciting!
Work has been better.
Itchy, I'm glad to hear that you are doing well! You sound in a good place.
Andy, yuck, unfair. Hoping for the best for you.
Aries, Oy!!! Poor you! Hang in there! May I ask which beach you went to? Maybe I'll go visit it!
I'm going to go walk the dog now, have a whole lot of not much planned for today! Actually I might go see that counsellor again but I'm kind of nervous! She's going to want to dive straight into talking about my terrible childhood and I really don't want to talk about it!
Old 05-13-2017, 07:45 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Remember to do the mindful stuff, ip
Old 05-13-2017, 11:03 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Love you all.
Old 05-13-2017, 09:29 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

to our dearest Dharma on 2 fantastic years sober!!
You seriously rock girl! Love you.
Old 05-13-2017, 09:42 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats Dharma

D
Old 05-13-2017, 10:11 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Dharma, two years is an awesome accomplishment! Congrats!
Old 05-13-2017, 10:57 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Ggod one dharma- my next target (16m)- you are an inspiration..
Old 05-14-2017, 01:18 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

CONGRATULATIONS Dharma!

IP great news on the radio show sweetie, I look forward to updates on the progress there. As to the counselling, in my training we learned that the topics as client tries to avoid are the ones we need to get to the root of, as most of the suppressed emotional turmoil usually comes from there. It is usually the cause of repeat patterns in failed relationships. For example with me, because I felt unlovable, I formed relationships where I could fulfill a need, thus becoming an enabler and being in unbalanced relationships. Mr T2 is the first equal relationship I have truly been in.

It's good to be home folks!
Old 05-14-2017, 02:03 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

IP that's great news, does the station stream on the net?

Dharma congratulations on two years.

Have a great Sunday everyone.
Old 05-14-2017, 03:27 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Congrats on 2 years, Dharma!

Also, congrats to Kris, Wolfie and Toots for their monthly milestones today!

Happy Mothers Day to all the Moms! I'll be going home next weekend to celebrate my Mom's 80th birthday...can't wait!

Have a Super Sunday, overs!
Old 05-14-2017, 04:25 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Dharma, huge congrats on 2 years! :

Congrats to Wolfie, Toots and Chris, too

Have a lovely Mother's Day to all who celebrate it.
Old 05-14-2017, 10:29 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Thanks Mags.

Andy,
Good to see you too.

GHD,
Your advice on diet and green space are what we believe and do do too. (I love sentences that include do do too. do do 2 is something entirely different! )

FBL,
Sounds like you're enjoying taking on more. I'm happy, you are in your groove!

Sassy,
I had a conference with an old associate that wants me to manage two local ATV and portable building stores for him and open them up for steel buildings which I engineered in the company for which he did the metal forming of the panels from coils. I want to get active again but something I control might suit me better. Besides we aren't staying here. He's a nice guy going in 50 directions at once. It's flattering to be chased and offered a good percentage of the company. I don't need the money or the stress. But it's nice the old movers and shakers here still know what I can do. Naah! I like my own pace, in my own space. I will sleep on it for a few days. I doubt I'll be able to make the time to grow another's company, while pulling up roots to move.
Sassy, Luckily I've been an airhead all my life. So when I can't remember something, It's not age, just my stream of consciousness grounded in each moment. I make to do lists but knew better than to feel bad when they weren't done, but the remains of that day go onto the plan for the next. If something slipped through a week, importance mattered less than admitting to me that there are just some things that need to be dropped from my daily added concerns at when contemplating the blank canvas that follow daily ablutions of mind and body. Perhaps any age deficits will be obvious. I have always in every forum opened a second page, like I have now, then went back to the last post I made, and at least answer any direct comments. I am one of the worst about out of sight, out of mind. I tried making mental notes, but always lost my notebook!

Star, Thanks bud.

IP,
if the carpeting is like new, save your money and go to yard sales until you find an area rug you like, but not enough to warrant protection from your paints and solvents. Then roll it up and take with or leave it
when you move again. While you seek permanence, your reality is a series of changes and moves. Ours from the military was, and then nearly a decade of retired full time RV travel as our only home. (we stored our heirlooms, home vids and pics, collections of music and art, china and silver sets, antiques and memorabilia with our kids and parents for them to enjoy as a loan. Now, we both see one last move out of here. We need it. We do not want evil to prevail because we two good people did nothing and by our silence gave assent. Hatred and religion are inherited, you get both from parents. Some combine the two. Here, people resent education held by others, are book burners by losing their interest in more than a tree line text, or tweet. Vicarious living online with a million likes gives no advantage when we step into the sunshine of life. It was never an accident that places where people drink and do drugs are too dark to see in, and too loud to heat our own counsel.
I always liked the saying that the only thing sadder than an illiterate, is one who can read, but won't. That's willful ignorance.
Whether justified by religion, political expediency, or being afraid of what your parents were, we will always have those who never dare to risk standing out from the crowd, because their crowd will add them to the list of the "Others." Unfortunately, the choice drives some of us to drink. And those "Others" who inhabit the dark places become our peers. Sad, when we could so easily have found the "Others" who live in the light. Like our wonderful peer group here, in the rooms, in books, music, art, and science, we are your peers, not the "Others" lurking in shadow.

Hi Aries,
We love the Oregon and Washington peninsula with their rain forests and maritime heritage. We'd start every year's travel in San Diego when mom was alive, the rush out of the fuel expensive California to Ashland and try to catch a play by "The Bard." Then to Sutherlin and explored Coos Bay and the Elk herds. Then Warrenton OR and then base out of there to pick up where we left off the year before exploring Astoria and the Washington side of the Columbia River mouth, Lewis and Clark, forts, lighthouses, museums and history. Then we would go to the RV park in Chimicum and explore Port Townsend and the State and national parks, then cotinue to McChord AFB in Tacoma and continue exploring Seattle and the surrounds. We always made it to Pikes market for the Buskars and street food and some giant Dungeness for supper in the RV. If our kids were there we'd love to move there but you're quite right, property there is expensive!
When I pay a contractor for time and expertise there are boundaries. With my kids, subordinates and good friends they don't take offense when I say "Hey! I don't want to hear the labor pains, just show me the baby." I never steal the spotlight from folks I help get to where they can birth results of their own. If those I pay with my own labor, saved in the form of monies earned, try to become codependent or bring their dramas, I let them go without drama. There are lots of contractors out there who will quit if we dramatize them, and many of us who've taught that lesson by asking them politely to gather their things while we make out their final check if services were rendered.
I always meet with contractors first to spell out the work and my expectations. I also remodel and don't mind anything except sheet rock work and sanding dust. Remodeling our lives is just as messy. But we must be present, in each of those presents. And we're stuck with the contractor.

Andy,
I hope you're well and taking care from yourself too. Your health deficits are shared by many. You can manage them if you choose.

Toots!
home?

Dee,
You've earned your empathy if anyone has. Hi

Instant,
Your endeavors sound like fun! Good luck in your productions!

Suze,
How is your adaptation to being right side up going? Having a White Christmas here would be as weird to us as having December fall in mid winter! Have you managed to get even one of us to like Vegemite?
Suze, do you like pizza? If you do my nephew has a new artisan Pizzaria in Columbus. Let me know what you think without using my last name here. I'll PM it to you.

IP,
Great good luck on your new show. I really enjoyed your playlists on the last show you had. Let me know if they have an online segment we can listen to from afar.

Hi PJ,
good to see you!

Dharma!
Got a grin today? Congrats on your two years sober birthday.

FBL, have a great trip for your mom's bday!

Happy Mothers day out there!