Notices

Class of February 2017 Support Thread Part 5

Old 05-12-2017, 07:32 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Many congrats rascalwhiteoak on reaching 100 days!

Wow, you just reminded me that I am on Day #97----will be at Day #100 in 3 days!

Maybe it would help to work on other parts of your life as well as just not drinking?
My old life was so bad I had to drink to tolerate it...
still living that same life and just not drinking would be wearing on anyone.
Dee, I need to work on this ^^^^ too. Thanks.
I want to be the best version of myself.
Old 05-12-2017, 07:51 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Meow

Congrats Rascalwhiteoak!!

Dau, sorry you're struggling tonight, but glad you resisted. Maybe this is a 100 +/-day testing thing that nobody told us about? Because I've been tooling along happy as a clam, and today BAM! I took the camper to a local park to fill it with water, because we are remodeling our bathroom and won't have a shower in the house for a few days. So I'm there filling up and out of nowhere comes The Voice. Wouldn't it be great to get a 12 pack and hang out here at the campground? You know you want to. Screw the remodeling project. Grab a campsite, call DH and have him meet you here. The weather's so nice and you can sit around a campfire and have a few. C'mon. It'll be fun.

I swear it lasted the entire way home (about a half hour). I'm like geez Louise, would you just shut up already!?! Once I started ripping out drywall it stopped, but it shook me a bit to have it come on that strong. I thought I was past this, but I guess not.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:13 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

...I'm gonna get back into painting. I studied art as a young guy....always fascinated with painting. I buy books of the ones I like. I can draw... got a job in the building industry because I could listen to them talk about it, look at the plans....and make it all come alive with a felt tip pen. I used all those 3d cad programs and made it all look casual and painted. So....maybe take on the big thing. You can't be drunk and painting, despite the what people think about 'artists' . Drunk....you just fiddle this bit, fix that. An hour or so later it is a muddy mess and you've effed it. Ok..sure, I know some paint drunk. But they were super confident that whatever they did was brilliant. Some of it was. A lot of it not. Have watched some just get worse with it over the years.

Ok....crazy thing is all the gear is there, stacked in the corner. Canvas, tins of paint. I love the smell of that wax paste... Do another 90 days of painting. Need to organise myself like this.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:30 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Administrator

Go for it canguy
congrats on 100 rascalwhiteoak

How are you going Dau?
D
Old 05-12-2017, 10:42 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

oh....yeah.
Got a bit excited and self involved back there.

Congrats mista Rascal. That's a big deal.
Old 05-13-2017, 04:50 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Meow

Sounds like a plan, Canguy - and fun, too! I'm always amazed by people who can draw and paint. I have zero talent in that area and, quite frankly, can't fathom who you guys do it.
Old 05-13-2017, 06:51 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Yeah Rascal, Saul is good, it's no Breaking Bad (which I'm about to do ) but it's getting better. I've been seeing therapists my whole life. I couldn't hear the message until a couple of years back. My sister got on my case, telling the family that if you are going to support a family member with mental illness, that person has to be in regular therapy (she read it in a magazine or some crap). Anyway, I hit up Google the same morning and found a guy, loved his write up, and called him. I was in there a week later and he's the best therapist in 300 miles. I've seen enough to know. Also free under my insurance. I've been pretty faithful at once a week for almost 2 years. He's really sensitive. I needed that.

My dad is ticked off at me. I could hear him going off in the other room to my mom, and he was mean. I really shouldn't be there. More later. My breakfast is waiting. I'm going to have bring him home some Sea Scallops at $35 a pound and a card or something. Can't risk my free safe house. I e admittedly been kind of a D. I'm very frustrated and have no tolerance,

Vipe
Old 05-13-2017, 08:06 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Sober Day # 98 after being dependent on wine, daily, for years.
I'm still here and standing strong this morning.
Last eve I curled up in bed and watched the news for a couple of hours with a glass of lemon soda.
Today I gave the wine to my SIL (who has no intention of quitting drinking.)

Was surprised at how fiercely the AV reared it's head last eve!
I'm sorry that happened to you too PC, but it helps to have company down this road. The fact that both of us (and Canguy too) were hit so strongly at this point just shows us how powerful and cunning this addiction is.
Funny thing was, right before I found those bottles, I wasn't even thinking about it at all. It's not usually on my mind anymore----it's a non-issue---I am just a nondrinker, like when I was a child. When I was a child, if I wanted to relax or "get lost in oblivion", I would read. As a child, I would read a book a day.

Thank you everyone for your support.

Canguy, don't know how I just know in my gut that you are a GREAT painter. So go get started on your life's work!
Old 05-13-2017, 09:04 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Congrats on 100 Rascal!

Congrats on staying strong PC (no beers at campground) and Dauc (giving wine away).

After 4 days of decent weather and good fishing, it is once again raining. I am hunkered down in the local McDonald's getting caught up on emails,etc.

I have to say these rainy days on the road are tough, would like to spend them in a bar. However, I know it would be a mistake, so I will do my best to tough it out.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone!
Old 05-13-2017, 01:49 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Rascal yeah 100 is awesome.

Canguy, you sound like someone that can take on artistic projects and just kill it no matter what the medium. Some people just got it. I lived with artists for 19 years in that warehouse space I moved of in July. Wow is there some talent there. Painters up there with the best of them, and almost impossible to make a living.

I was an abstract, dark, sculpture guy. I basically made things that looked like they were alien artifacts or from Conan the Barbarian. I was never a fantasy artist, but if I could chose a painter's talent and style it might be Boris Vallejo. It's cheesy I guess, but it's badass.

It's still cold and raining in this hellish part of the country. I'm sick and tired of it.

Well I got my mom a huge bouquet of flowers and a card for Mother's Day. I'll give it to her when I get home in a while.

Viper
Old 05-14-2017, 05:23 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Meow

Went out last night with a group of friends. Dinner, frozen yogurt, and an escape room. Had lots of fun - saw all those people out on a Saturday night having fun without a bunch of alcohol (including us). That would have been a stressful experience four months ago - having to do a night out balancing a socially acceptable amount of alcohol while wanting more.
Old 05-14-2017, 03:49 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Administrator

sounds great Pc
Hope everyone else is finishing up a good weekend too

D
Old 05-14-2017, 03:51 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

I'm still here! Taking off work tomorrow to help relax a bit. Sober tonight, and tomorrow will be my first night with no sleeping pills. It'll be tough but I have to do it to get back to normal. Wish me luck!
Old 05-14-2017, 07:13 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Checking in after a busy weekend. Housework and a bonfire with a friend last night (first sober bonfire). I hadn't seen her in a while, and she was impressed that I managed to burn wood without a 12-pack. Saw the family today, then came home and planted my tomato patch, mowed grass ... wore myself out, basically.
Old 05-15-2017, 06:40 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Sober Day # 100

Rascal,
first sober bonfire
after we have done these ^^^ things once sober, I think the next time is easier.

PC,
That would have been a stressful experience four months ago - having to do a night out balancing a socially acceptable amount of alcohol while wanting more.
I would drink a "socially acceptable" number of glasses of wine in front of others, and then when I got home I would have more. I knew I had a problem because I was hiding how much I was drinking. I was a slave to it----I was in prison. It is so great to be free from that!

Axman,
have you ever tried banana water for sleep?

Vipe,
hope things are better with your Dad.

RetiredGuy,
hope you get better weather today.

Canguy,
get that easel set up today, and put a canvas on it.

Have a good week everyone.
Old 05-15-2017, 06:46 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Tell me more about banana water.
Old 05-15-2017, 11:24 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Meow

Congrats on 100 Dau!
Old 05-15-2017, 12:30 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

axeman,
Take an organic banana, cut both tips off, and boil it whole (skin on) for 15 min. Let the water cool, and drink it an hour before bedtime. You can add a little cinnamon.
Old 05-15-2017, 02:41 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

I'm here. Not doing great. Pretty depressed. Going to eat a steak and sweet potato. Guzzle water, snack. And go to bed.
Old 05-15-2017, 03:23 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

New Better Call Saul later I'm not sure I'll be up st 10, but there's always AMC online tomorrow. It kind of stinks to watch a show like that without being able to binge on 3 episodes. One isn't enough. It's ends and your like... 'ahh come on.' But it's heating up. I hope Chuck gets shafted tonight. He ruined himself at that hearing.

Later

V