Notices

Class of April 2017 Support Thread Part 2

Old 06-28-2017, 07:54 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Was driving home today and giggled because I was Free to actually drive. Celebrated with pancakes !

I only wish my deceased husband could have seen the sober lilDeb.
Old 07-16-2017, 05:09 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Hi! Been a while since i posted here. I am 2½ months sober, and it feels the urge to drink is pretty much gone, but the last couple of weeks have been a struggle.
I work a very physical demanding job in landscaping/contruction and things have been extremely busy at work with several project being behind schedule so i had to work a lot of long shifts and in weekends for a while trying to save the company's a** - and then suddenly one day 2 weeks ago i woke up with such a severe back pain i couldn't raise up from bed, and getting dressed seemed almost impossible. So i went to the doctor and he ordered me to get sick leave from work, so far i have been 2 weeks at home with back pains, waiting for an appointment for further examinations.
in the beginning i thought it would be alright, intended to try to make the best of the situation, doing the things i didn't have time to do when i was so busy working - reading, drawing, going outside as much as i could handle, etc...but i do really feel struck with depression and loneliness lately. I moved to this small town in Norway this spring for a new job, and i have pretty much no friends or social network here, except my work collegues and my aa group, and being home all day seems no good for my mind, as i don't get to see any people and i feel a lot of guilt about not being able to go to work. I wish i could just enjoy my days and get the best of it, i know for sure there is no way i could get thgrough a day at work with the pain i have, and i should have nothing to worry about, just follow my docs advise and get through it, but i see my motivation for doing anything is just slipping away and the loneliness gets severe.
I luckily have no desire to drink, the only thing i must admit i miss is going to the pub for the social side of it - it's sort of a shortcut to socializing - but i know that it is not an option for me, and drinking would make everything worse. Just wish i had a place to go to hang around and talk to people, apart from my weekly aa meeting. My GF, family and friends all live abroad, or in the other end of the country, and i surely miss just chance to socialize a bit.
Old 07-16-2017, 11:24 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  

SoberTyger - I hope your back pain will be resolved quickly, that the cause is found, and meanwhile you have some treatment that relieves it.
The opportunity to "do nothing" can sound great in theory but, especially when in pain that is distracting, it can have its drawbacks.
Can anyone from your AA group or your work colleagues visit you?
Hope things brighten up for you soon
Old 08-10-2017, 08:20 PM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Hi All,
I have not read anything during the month of July but I am still sober and I am here! I see this thread has not been posted on in awahile. Did everyone copy me, ha, hah, ha. Or has our thread moved. Sober Tyler I hope you are ok. Simply Free, Pippin, L'il Deb, everyone..are you here?
Old 08-10-2017, 09:11 PM
  # 425 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Tertor

D
Old 08-19-2017, 09:22 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Hello all, still sober and glad for all you who are hanging with me!
Old 08-19-2017, 09:42 PM
  # 427 (permalink)  
Administrator

D
Old 08-30-2017, 04:57 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Dropping in to say hi to my old class! I slipped and moved to the August class, but hope you are all doing good.
Strange to read my last post here - I saw the relapse sneaking in, yet didnt manage to do the right thing... Need to work harder this time
Old 09-16-2017, 04:09 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  
Maladaptive

Hi everyone, I was wondering how some of my group were doing. I'm still here and sober. I post in the sober bus thread almost daily.
Old 09-22-2017, 07:08 PM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Hi All,
I am still here and still sober too. I have been going to AA and not reading the online forums so much, but I think of you all and hope you are still hanging in!
Old 11-11-2017, 08:21 PM
  # 431 (permalink)  

I thought I would bump this thread see if any of my April class still stops in. I’d love to hear your updates! I’ll be at 7 months next week on the 16th. It still is a challenge, but doable. Stay strong and blessings.
SF
Old 02-02-2018, 04:58 PM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Almost 10 months......
Old 03-21-2018, 08:31 PM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Hi All

I thought I would pop in to see if any of us are still around! I haven't been on this forum in moths but I am still sober! Simply free? Shitzupuppy? Still with me? Anyone still out there...we are almost at a year!
Do you feel weird about it? I am happy but lately have been having this strange thought that I might celebrate my year anniversary with a drink! That is a ridiculous thought because I am so glad to not be drinking!! And I know one drink would send me spiralling back! Oh this disease is so cunning..
But I am gonna kick it in the butt and celebrate my one year with....a piece of jewelry! Yes!