Notices

Class Of January 2016 Support Thread part 13

Old 08-06-2017, 06:32 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bandicoot2 View Post
Hello Nic honey, I'm so glad you're back! You've been missed.
You are worth it, your kids are worth it and you CAN do this. It's good that you're working with your doctor. Please lean on us too, we care.
Thankyou my gorgeous friend... I will be leaning on you a lot I'm sure!!!

6th of Aug is my new sober date.. My kids deserve a good Mum again not one that they are peeling off the floor.. I've been a disgrace. Time to sort my S**t out again. xx
Old 08-06-2017, 07:29 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

So sorry dear Nic. Those "farewell" drinks can be brutal. Maybe one day far, far worse for us. Today is day 1 of better you that over time will turn into the best you ever! I know you can do it, because you've encouraged and supported me and others to do it. We are here for you. We know how you are feeling now. Don't let the guilt rip you apart. We are alcoholics. We act like that when we drink. There is only way to assure we never behave like that again. You'll wake up tomorrow with a little less guilt and a little more hope and on day 2!!
Thinking of you. Hugs 🤗
Old 08-06-2017, 10:05 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Hi Nic,

You've gotten our thread up and moving again, and that is a good thing. We are all stronger together.

I'm sorry you are struggling right now, but sounds like you are ready to take the steps needed to commit to sobriety. I know it isn't easy in the beginning, but it does get easier each day.

What are your plans today to help you stay sober? Were you able to check in with your doctor? Please check in here as much as needed. You can PM any of us if you need to chat, need encouragement, or just need to vent. This thread is a good place to do that aa well.

Sending lots of love and virtual hugs your way. Please also remember to be kind to yourself today.

❤️Delilah
Old 08-06-2017, 10:06 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

It has been nice to see our thread up and moving again. We are stronger together. Keep checking in everyone!!

Sandy, Sunny, Nic, Bandi and Dee, love to you all!!!

❤️Delilah
Old 08-06-2017, 04:23 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  
Administrator

You too Delilah

D
Old 08-06-2017, 11:25 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the kind words from everyone. Day 2 today and I'm glad I don't work Mondays as I haven't slept a lot last night. I do have meds but was still pretty nauseous and shaky.
Evenings are excruciating so I'm thinking of taking the boys to see a movie tonight- it will pass some time xx
Old 08-07-2017, 08:27 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

I've noticed a few missing people from our class.. hope everyone makes their way back- this disease is scary xxx
Old 08-09-2017, 06:52 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Yes Nic, we are missing a few.
We helped each other through some very tough times and they will always be in my heart. My hope is that our fellow classmates are working on their recovery outside of SR and will check in some day.

This is a nasty disease and we must remain vigilant. Hugs to you and hope you're feeling a bit better.
Old 08-09-2017, 07:50 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Yes I hope so too... and hopefully they'll make their way back to us again- we are one big family..
I'm possibly a little better, but tucked up in bed- ready to wake up to day 5!! Xx love always ❤️
Old 08-09-2017, 12:40 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

A quick hello to my Jannies. I am doing ok over here. Grateful to be sober and it seems to be get easier and easier as I practice every day events without booze. It's a feeling of relief and freedom. I am for once proud of who I am becoming, and that is a beautiful thing!
Old 08-09-2017, 04:35 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
A quick hello to my Jannies. I am doing ok over here. Grateful to be sober and it seems to be get easier and easier as I practice every day events without booze. It's a feeling of relief and freedom. I am for once proud of who I am becoming, and that is a beautiful thing!
((Sunnie))good to see you're doing well.. we certainly deserve a better life- now I'm coming out of the initial fog of withdrawals, I feel so cranky at myself for being back here again. I really do need to make this the last time. I know you said similar on the 24 hr thread too. Sending so much love xx
Old 08-10-2017, 06:08 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Sunny, you are building your sober muscles!! I'm proud of you too!
Realizing I could handle every day events (without alcohol as a false confidence booster) was a huge revelation for me as well.

Hi Nic, glad you're coming out of the initial withdrawal fog and feeling a bit better.

Wishing everyone a sober, peaceful day
Old 08-10-2017, 04:18 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

We are SO pleased that you are back Nic! Alcoholism is a terrible disease and we need to continue to support and help each other. We are all at different days but each day each of us must do the same thing - not drink! Of course it's far more than that. Living a sober life is wonderful and depressing. But I now know this has nothing to do with alcohol. It's life!

I'm in a good place this week. I have a terrible habit of thinking that others stresses are my fault. It's very self- centered. I'm starting to let go of that and only taking responsibility for mistakes.
I've been sober for just over 5 months now. It's a very raw process. I've learned so many things about myself. It's important to acknowledge the good and the bad. Appreciate the good and work on the not so good to become a better overall person.
the negative thoughts still have a lot of strength but it's power is diminishing over time. I won't allow myself to get into the darkest place. I am by no means perfect far from it but I am also not the useless, hopeless, worthless, pathetic person I used to believe I was.
This community has been fundamental in helping me feel this way today. A huge thanks to all.
As Bandi said living life a sober way and knowing that drinking is not an option at all. Taking it off the table helps to focus on other ways to get through stressful situations.

So pleased to hear you are doing well, Sunny. I guess we'll be on this rollercoaster of emotions for life; let's be thankful we are going through it sober. Hang in there Nic, you know you'll start feeling better soon. Thinking of you.

How are you enjoying your new job Delilah? I hope you are able to do the work you have always wanted to do. Thank you for always being there for us.

I have a busy weekend coming up. We have a dance performance on Monday so lots of practicing before the big event. It's hard to juggle work and practice time but I love having a hobby that takes my mind away from everything. Although doesn't do any favours on the feet!

Have a great day everyone 😊
Old 08-10-2017, 07:10 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Well i have reached day 6 which seems miraculous!!! I'm actually feeling excited again- I am a much happier person sober which i think we all are!!!

Sunny, it's tough learning to get through the events sober. I used to dread them, but I did manage to get through them for a while.. I'm looking forward to doing that again some day soon

Bandi- you're a true inspiration.. Do you still feel that you have to work on your sobriety just as much, or is it like second nature yet, and you are just a non- drinker now? I can't wait to have the same amount of time as you do behind me!! xxx

Sandy- It's so good to hear that you are doing so well and that you have 5 months behind you.. Super proud of you xx
I don't think it's self centred to think that stresses are your fault.. It sounds a lot like me when i am feeling a little anxious. My anxiety goes through the roof sometimes, and i have a lot of self- doubt.. It sounds like you have come such a long way with how you are feeling about yourself.. Keep your beautiful attitude hun.. xx

Delilah- I am sending continued prayers for your Mum. Hopefully she is recovering well after her procedure...xxx

Dee- Just thankyou for everything you do.. xx

Hope i haven't missed anybody. I am truly so grateful to be back this time. I am feeling blessed that i still have you guys to come back to xx
Happy Friday anyway- I have some planning to do so that i get through the weekend without falling down
xxx Love to you all xxx
Old 08-10-2017, 10:01 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Hi Jannies,

It is so nice to see several of us checking in again. Hopefully Thump, and Odelle and everyone else missing is doing well, and will pop in sometime to update us.

Sandy, I love my new job. The days fly by, and I love every moment of what I am doing. Today was my first the firsts big professional development I was responsible for planning and presenting, and it went well. Next week is another big one. I am learning lots, have an amazing team to work with, and I'm surrounded by positivity, I feel very blessed to have this position.

My mom is still struggling. She had her fifth surgery today on her leg due to no pulse in her foot. They are hoping this will be the one that starts to turn things around, if not they will need to amputate from the knee down. She's had lots of health issues, and in the past month or so blood clots and really poor circulation have been the biggest. She is definitely a fighter.

Sending lots of love to all of you!!!
Old 08-12-2017, 07:10 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Aw, thanks Nic! That's a good question. You've given me something to ponder before I answer. Congratulations on your Week 1!!

Hi Delilah, Sunny, Sandy and Dee! Wishing everyone a peaceful sober Saturday or Sunday.
Old 08-12-2017, 07:13 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Delilah, I'm so sorry to hear about your mother's continued poor health.
Prayers, love and hugs for both of you......
Old 08-12-2017, 08:33 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Hi Jannies,

Just checking in and sending lots of love!

❤️Delilah
Old 08-16-2017, 11:02 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Good afternoon Jannies. How is everyone doing today?
Well, the busiest time of the year is ending. The past week has been a crazy and I've hit the free meditations frequently. The really do work. Maybe not immediately but enough to calm down and move on with the day.
The dance performance went well although it was raining. It added to the atmosphere but I was worried about slipping!
Thinking about you all.
Have a great day all 😊
Old 09-01-2017, 11:36 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Hi old friends! Congrats Bandi and Delilah on your milestones!
Sandy, it's great to see you and I am so glad you are enjoying your meditations. Any you can recommend?

I'm doing okay over here- about to celebrate 4 months. I have relapsed twice since last January right after the 4 month mark- not sure what that's about but it's not going to happen this time! I am really focusing on not making big changes even though I am interested in going back to work soon (being a stay at home Mom is just not for me.) I am terrified since the last time I went back to work I relapsed a week later. Not sure it's related or not but it could be (too much stress.) My therapist thinks I am strong enough to handle it but he's only seen me twice so I'm not sure he should be guessing that much. Anyway, the job will come in due time. Right now I am focusing on my oldest son who is starting kindergarten next week and my younger son who is going back to preschool after taking 5 months off. A lot of changes going on here and some new routines to figure out. It's stressful enough as it is, I can't imagine piling a new job on top of that.

Anyway, just thought I'd fill you in on the details.
I am feeling really strong in my sobriety- no cravings or thoughts of drinking. Being sober is becoming the "new norm" and I love it

Much love to you my friends...