Notices

Class Of January 2016 Support Thread part 13

Old 05-14-2017, 06:19 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Sandy,

I'm so sorry about your cat, I know my pets are a part of our family, and it has been hard when they have gotten sick.

I think balance is something I work on as part of my recovery, more in the sense of family-work-self. In terms of sobriety I felt much better mentally and physically after a few months. At the one year mark I felt like I turned a page, maybe more of a mental one, it just felt like sobriety was my new normal, and it was a good feeling.

I really haven't thought about drinking in a long time, and I have had some pretty stressful family and work situations in the past 16 months. I think being able to feel and process my emotions has been a good thing. I couldn't escape them through alcohol, I had to face them up front and find a way to deal with them.

I had tried many times in the past to get sober, but I always allowed drinking to somehow be an option again, figured I could drink in moderation after proving I had been able to accumulate some sober time. I know that doesn't work for me, and I believe most of us on here. The past 16 and a half months I have really focused on recovery in the sense of being my best me. I k ow that sounds kind of cheesy, but each day I really work on the mental and physical things needed to be healthy. I also operate out of a mindset of gratitude. It is very easy to get caught up in the craziness of any given day, when I feel my stress level starting to escalate I go for a walk, or go somewhere quiet to reflect and flip my mindset back to positivity and gratitude, and then plan a way to tackle whatever issue may currently need addressing. It is definitely an ongoing process.

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday.

❤Delilah
Great post and thank you for sharing!
Happy 500 Days and Happy Mother's Day!!
Old 05-14-2017, 09:16 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bandicoot2 View Post
Thank you Dee
We like that number!
Thanks Dee! We are very excited to hit this number, I'm lucky to have an incredible sober twin!!
Old 05-15-2017, 03:33 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

A quick hello to my January friends!
I am doing well- the move went well and I am slowly unpacking boxes and trying to get settled in. Feeling good overall.
much love to all of you!

Old 05-18-2017, 04:49 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hi class!

Well it's been a while. A hell of a long time actually. I think we were only up to thread 5 when I stopped posting.

Life for busy. You know the drill.

Well, the positive news is - Snowvelvet is still sober. Nearly 18 months now. Well, 17 and a few days.

Getting carried away lol.

Hope to see some old names about.

Love SV x
Old 05-19-2017, 01:26 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great to hear from you and to hear you're doing well snowvelvet

D
Old 05-20-2017, 06:31 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Hi snowvelvet! Great to hear from you and Congratulations on your Sober time

Hi to all Jannies and Dee Hope you are feeling better Dee?
Love and hugs to all....xxxx
Old 05-20-2017, 04:56 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Administrator

working around it bandi

D
Old 05-21-2017, 10:36 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
A quick hello to my January friends!
I am doing well- the move went well and I am slowly unpacking boxes and trying to get settled in. Feeling good overall.
much love to all of you!

Hi Sunny,

I need to thank you for the app omvana that you shared in another thread. I just listened to the six phase mediataiotn, and I am going to do it again tomorrow before my interview. I feel very relaxed right now, and look forward to feeling the same in the morning. Thank you!

❤Delialh
Old 05-24-2017, 02:12 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes for some follow up for your interview today Delilah

D
Old 05-27-2017, 06:00 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Hello Jannies, our class has gone very very very quiet. How is everyone doing?
Living life on life's terms here. Life is full of boring days, sad days, frustrating days, high drama days and absolutely lovely days. No matter what happens, Sobriety beats drinking every time.

Sound off when you can. Love and hugs to everyone.......
Old 05-27-2017, 07:46 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hi Jannies,

Happy Saturday, and Happy Memorial Day Weeekend to all who have served, and to the rest of us who are grateful for your service.

Sorry I haven't been on here in a few days, I've been checking in on the 24 hour thread and trying to catch up a little, but with the end of the school year, interviews, and my kids end of year activities I have been running on fumes a little.

I am very excited that I ended up getting the position that I really wanted, the saying things happen for a reason proves to be true yet again. I am so grateful for the support I have received from my Jannie and from my SR family. I'm very excited.

My mom is still struggling to get back on track health wise. They are trying a new treatment, but we do not know if it will work. This week she will get results again, last week she was down to 12,000, which was not good since she left the hospital at 27,000. The treatment they are giving her now is meant to get the platelets up to about 50,000, which while still low would be a remarkable improvement. Please continue to keep her in your prayers.

Love and appreciate you all!!!
❤Delilah
Old 05-27-2017, 07:46 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bandicoot2 View Post
Hello Jannies, our class has gone very very very quiet. How is everyone doing?
Living life on life's terms here. Life is full of boring days, sad days, frustrating days, high drama days and absolutely lovely days. No matter what happens, Sobriety beats drinking every time.

Sound off when you can. Love and hugs to everyone.......
Hello my sober twin! Hope you are doing okay. Sending lots of love your way.
Old 05-27-2017, 07:47 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Best wishes for some follow up for your interview today Delilah

D
Thank you for being the greatest supporter of all of us on here. I truly don't know how you do it Dee, you are amazing!!!
Old 05-27-2017, 07:49 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Has anyone heard from Thump? Thump, we miss you, check in!!!!

❤Delilah
Old 05-28-2017, 02:31 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Hello my sober twin! Hope you are doing okay. Sending lots of love your way.
Right back at you dear friend!!

Hope you're enjoying the holiday weekend and celebrating the good things in life
Old 05-29-2017, 08:55 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Goodnight Jannies!❤
Old 05-29-2017, 08:55 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

IMG_0600.JPG

For all in our January class who have, or do serve. Also, to all who have lost someone due to the incredible sacrifice they made to ensure our freedom.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:37 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Hi Jannies,

It has definitely been quiet on here, where is everyone. ?

Bandi and I celebrated 17 months today, and are continuing to check in here and with each other. We'd love to here from some of our other January peeps. I know Sunny is checking in in the 24 hour forum.

Would love to hear from:
Thump
Odelle
Sandy
Olivia
Sunny (on here)

Check in and let us know how you are doing.
Old 06-02-2017, 04:00 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Hi dear Jannies- glad to catch up on you a bit here. Missing Thump as well.

I'm doing ok- no problems on the sobriety war but I definitely need to look into some type of outside support now that we have insurances. I want to dive into the whys of my addictive personality. I was thinking about it last night and it all started at 15 years of age withh pot. Over the years it moved to alcohol and cocaine- even opiates at one time. Once I couldnt get drugs it went back to the easiest of all to acquire- booze. And of course there is food mixed in there as well.

I just want to know why I am so broken that I have been running from my reality for 25 years. I've been in therapy but I don't feel like I have any answers. I know I have low self esteem- to the point that even with two degrees and 7 years in college I settle for low stress jobs (and low pay) because I don't feel worthy or good enough or like can handle it. I just want to understand this. I have high dreams of having a career. A 6 figure income. I've been told my entire life that I am pretty, intelligent, creative and talented - so why can't I just believe in myself? It's frustrating.

Anyway. I guess those are the thoughts swirling around my head these days. And if we can't afford therapy how do I get this support elsewhere? I just want to heal. I just want to believe in myself and love myself for once and for all.
Old 06-02-2017, 04:41 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Good morning Jannie friends. Congratulations on the new job Delilah. So happy for you. Things do happen for a reason, although sometimes it takes time to work out why. Good luck on finishing up your job now and transitioning into your new one.
Bandi, life is a roller coaster of happy days and not so happy ones. I'm so pleased I can face each one sober. The bad days don't drag on as long as they did when drinking and solutions can often be sorted out much faster. Glad to hear you are well.
And wow 17 months is fantastic. Well done to you both.
Sunny, I feel for you. I understand completely how you feel. I've started to have the thoughts again about what have I done with my life. I've got a bloody PhD and left it all behind to be with my husband here in Japan. I don't regret my decision with being with him, but I did lose part of myself. It will take us a while to accept our life as it is. We have chosen this path and unfortunately alcohol had a big part in it. It won't anymore. At least the decisions we make from now on won't be influenced by our foggy drunk brain. How about we try to love ourselves just a little each day. Just being sober is one way we can give ourselves some love. ❤️
Yes, please pop in and say hi Thump, Olivia and Odelle.
I'm feeling a bit blah the last couple of days. Often happens after a chat with my mum. She's so negative sometimes and focuses on the whatifs, which only gets me worried about it. I wish I was stronger to defend myself. She still rattles me after 40 years!!
Anyways the sobriety is going well but was a little shaken after some friends still asking whether I'm not drinking. The AV thought it would be easier the drink with them than to say no! I did say no but had no problem meeting them in a bar. And I don't. They can get drunk and ramble this time. Not me. It's oddly empowering!
Have a great day everyone. Thanks for sharing. 😊