Notices

Class of February 2016 Part 23

Old 03-26-2017, 01:46 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Penny Lane, please check in.
Old 03-26-2017, 01:48 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

August, yeah my pics look terrible. Bloated, overweight, crappy hair. I was shocked when I saw it for the first time. I don't mind because it triggers nice compliments now and then, and if they don't say anything after doing a double take, I say, "yup, same guy." It;s fun. My terrible passport picture is still good for seven more years, so I'll have plenty of chances to scare the people at customs.
Old 03-26-2017, 09:18 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

The scaring customs folks part made me smile! Cliff and I talk about all the places we want to go- we have both lived and traveled abroad a good bit (he went to The University of St Andrews, and I studied in Rome and London at different points while at UVA) and love it.

Just a quick good night after a trying evening at work. Day off tomorrow- lunch with an old client from my corporate insurance sales days. A fantastic person and longtime supporter of me personally and professionally so I feel great about reconnecting with him now. We actually "Ran into" each other on the daily Bible app Cliff and I use and that sparked lunch plans!

Take care and sleep well -
A
Old 03-27-2017, 06:55 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hi Doodles! I' m here! Just been pretty sick so either sleeping, coughing or watching a Turkish drama series on Netflix . Also fending off my cats who are trying to assassinate me by sleeping on my face when I can't breathe. They must think they are "helping" me.

OOTT. Have a wonderful vacay and enjoy those compliments! I think we have worked damn hard to get them!!

Xoxoxoxoxo all
Old 03-27-2017, 01:51 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
OT, is the Battersea Power Station still existing or was it torn down?
Don't live anywhere near it but I'm pretty sure it was/is in the process of being redeveloped.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:05 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Evening all-
Penny- feel better!

Some fairly major stuff came up in the past two days with Cliff's family/our new one being mapped out....my responses were to listen, to say where I needed to be part of certain decision making, pray, talked to my best friend, napped, then we had a calm dinner at home with my step-daughter-to-be. Thank God for AA and my map for living....

Debating taking the night shift tomorrow, on top of lunch- I am really attuned to how I am feeling, largely emotionally, right now....feeling protective....

Sleep well all-
A
Old 03-27-2017, 08:51 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Stay mindful, August.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:25 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hey All. Just been super busy. I guess I am always busy. Ugh. Allergies finally starting to dissipate. I am in NJ this week. Its raining today. I like the rain. We dont see it too much in the desert.
Old 03-28-2017, 02:15 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hair's on fire. Four projects due by Friday... then off to California for a week.
Old 03-29-2017, 05:59 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Woohoo. First post today. PHRD needs to check in to. Where you be girl?
Old 03-29-2017, 01:11 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Came down with the worst stomach bug out of nowhere. Had to ask for an extension for my exam, there was no way I was getting into college today.
Old 03-29-2017, 02:47 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Just wanna say hey on month 13!! Everything is going well, and 41 days until summer (not that I'm counting).

Hope everyone is doing well. OOTT--excited for you about your trip. You deserve it. And I can relate to the pics as you know. Don't even look like the same human being!!

Be good everyone. Badge--My allergies are bad right now with the pollen. Was 87 degrees today. We get like 2 weeks of Spring here...ugh.

Penny--Feel better!

OT--Hey there!
Be good, peeps!
Lee
Old 03-29-2017, 04:19 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Here Badger! Having trouble keeping up with life! Yawn! Working hard. Am pretty excited I got a new Elliptical delivered today! Finally can put the last piece of the puzzle together for my health. Sorry you are sick PL. Between you and OT and my cat problems I'm starting to wonder if they are worth it. Tonight I've declared no more cats in the bed or bedroom at bedtime anymore. Both cats woke me up last night and one of them keeps waking me up to go out at like 1am. No wonder I'm so tired lately!
Old 03-29-2017, 05:19 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Administrator

get well soon PL and OT

D
Old 03-29-2017, 10:25 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Congrats on lucky 13, Lee.
OT, hope you feel better. Being sick during college sucks. Down with Disease.
PHRD, cat troubles. Charlie is feeling better. He caught a mouse yesterday and brought it inside. He was so proud.
Old 03-30-2017, 05:03 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

That's great Lee!! I have had fun saying "13 and change" too

Feel better OT and PL!!

I had a weird experience yesterday...unnerving. As I was driving home from our meeting I got hit with the kind of crushing, immediate exhaustion I had back when I was first getting sober. When I made it home, I found myself very short of breath, not able to take full ones, and a little panicky. A little lightheaded. It all lasted for a few hours as I went to work. I drank tons of water as the night ent on and finally felt better. Exhausted today. Thinking I should get a visit with the dr.

Happy days to all-
A
Old 03-30-2017, 06:32 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

I get something like that. With me it emotional exhaustion- fighting, resistance? The panicky feeling, anxiety- breathing. I still get it- especially when I am alone. Mindful med'n is about the only thing that works- after do the HALTS bit.
Old 03-30-2017, 01:03 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. Feeling a lot better now, must have been something I ate. Yesterday was NOT fun.
Old 03-30-2017, 03:55 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Up and down today- the shortness of breath thing....I have a long time habit of holding my breath when I am stressed and it's like a more extreme version of that bc I CAN'T get a breath. Definitely connected to stress.

Opted out of a dinner with a high school friend of ours (and professional colleague of Cliff's; neither of us really hung out with her in school so friend is kind of a loose term) to stay home and rest. Now that spring is pretty much here full on, patio shifts are going to be jumping and that's what I have tomorrow. What? It's also Friday night? Yep. Breathe, self, breathe.

Later peeps
A
Old 03-30-2017, 05:38 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Just wanted to say hello to all my old classmates. Seeing you guys still here is definitely motivating for me........Jimmy