Notices

Class of January 2017 Support Thread Part 5

Old 03-31-2017, 02:02 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Day 90.

Well done to everyones milestones. Especially Cute with your new position. I am sure the new you will do an amazing job.

Reaching 90 feels good. There is a tiny bit of a "So, is this it ?" feeling with no dramatic clouds parting. But maybe they have been all this time, I was just counting the days and didn't look up. This milestone, for me, will be more fun reading as other Januarians cross it also.

It is Friday in my part of the world time zone map. I am looking forward to this weekend. It has been a stressful and not so fun week. But, I did stick to the routine , and I am proud of that.

Have a happy, stress free and sober day classmates. I am going to celebrate 90, by not working out, eating chocolate hobnobs and drinking way too much coffee.
Old 03-31-2017, 02:21 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Wooooo hoooooo DLB!!!!! 90! That's amazing! Congratulations! That a HUGE accomplishment. I think 90 days is the most pivotal of all of the day markers or aa chips. I can't wait to get there too.. God willing. Celebrate with a big ole dessert
Old 03-31-2017, 03:32 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

90 days for DLB! Brilliant.
Old 03-31-2017, 06:57 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Well done DLB. Xx
Old 03-31-2017, 03:11 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations dontlookbacchus

D
Old 03-31-2017, 05:10 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Day 90 here too!!!

DLB – I can relate with the whole “this is it?!” …not really sure what I was expecting. haha, but there was no marching band.

I did have lasagna for breakfast though to celebrate!! And will continue with sugary snacks tonight!! Man, I've really developed a sweet tooth!!

CuteNGay – MASSIVE congrats on the new job!!!!!!!! I actually kinda squealed with joy when I saw your post yesterday

Hope you all have a fantastic, sober weekend.
Hugs to everyone
Old 03-31-2017, 05:30 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Good one DLB. I saw an ad on TV - is there a contest for who can dunk a hobnob in the weirdest way?
Old 03-31-2017, 05:34 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Well done Ina. Congratulations. Xx
Old 03-31-2017, 11:20 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
01/28/2017

good job DLB and Ina! 90 days is big, keep doing what you are doing

i just hit 60 a couple days ago, i think today is 62. it was a great friday night. went to a meeting earlier and it is amazing what happens when you step just a little bit outside your comfort zone. i'm actually meeting people and being accepted. i haven't had anything close to this kind of social life in years.

went to dinner after the meeting with about a dozen people, i have plans for tomorrow night too and sunday a bunch of us are going on a 12km hike. a few months ago i would have never imagined i would be having this much fun and clean and sober to boot!

i am also giving the 12 steps an honest shot this time. i have done 2 sets of steps in the past, and they did work to some degee as it did result in clean time but looking back i definitely did not do them 100%. despite staying clean there was bviously a lot missing in my recovery in the past. whatever misgivings i may have about the steps i am putting them off to the side for now and just doing them in full and with complete honesty. i have spent too much time living on the fringes, time to dive in.

on another plus is i am still losing weight. down to 225 this morning and i went on my first actual mountain bike ride in at least 5 years. it was a little sketchy at first and i still got a ways to go as far as getting in shape, but i was happy enough i could actually do it and it felt great!

congrats to everyone here, and thanks to everyone here
Old 03-31-2017, 11:34 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Ina and JB

D
Old 03-31-2017, 11:43 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Congrats on 90 days to you two! And whoever else just hit 90 but hasn't posted yet. And to CuteNGay on the job! Lots of congratulations this morning haha

Just popping in to say hi - I'm about to head off for work but I had a mintue after reading and catching up.

Hope everyone is going good! Happy sober Saturday!
Old 04-01-2017, 12:06 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Honest attempt and outside comfort zone, the 2 things I struggle to do- and eventually succeed at every day. It is like winning a lottery. I wanted to win one hundred thousand dollars- but some one came and visited who had the know how to fix the roof, listen to my story and share a friendship 9(ust a made up story- but you get the point). Well done. Keep posting.
Old 04-01-2017, 02:55 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Day 91.
Thank you all so much, guys. It is hard to express what a gift this January class is. I somehow stumbled drunk into this forum and made friends who are all helping each other change their lives around. We really are very lucky. I am looking forward to reading everyones 90 day milestones over the next few weeks.

Well done Ina, and not just making it to 90, but for the classy celebration of lasagna for breakfast. As each of us hit the 90 , it will be fun to read what everyones eats, drinks or does to celebrate.

Jv, 62 is an awesome achievement. I love how your recovery is changing your life so much. Meeting other people like us socially, making friends, getting back on-the-saddle and loosing weight. How great is that !

For me, early morning exercise at dawn each day, after checking in with the Januarians, has been life changing. I might not have lost weight but I am stronger, both physically and emotionally.

Have a wonderful sober weekend classmates. One more day !
Old 04-01-2017, 04:40 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Day 68 - Really Need To Start Living

Happy Weekend Everyone!

Congratulations to all celebrating milestones... you are truly amazing, strong and inspiring! I am finding the weekends very difficult to survive. During the week I am on autopilot... very structured schedule with long workdays a few chores at home and early bedtimes then repeat. Everyday is like Groundhog Day. Weekends were historically filled with cleaning, cooking and getting things in order for the upcoming week all accomplished with a never-ending glass of wine in hand. I know this probably sounds stupid... but I feel so unmotivated to tackle these mundane tasks now sans wine... i have also not really ventured out to try and start rebuilding a life (like meeting and developing sober relationships, maybe via AA meetings or going back to the gym, etc.) ... my sole focus has been just not drinking, not today, merely existing... living in a bubble. Did u guys find it hard to make the necessary changes to move on? J9
Old 04-01-2017, 05:37 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Morning all. I've got 71 days here. Past the ten week mark...

Sorry I haven't been posting as much in this thread lately. But kinda ran out of things to say as life is (thankfully) pretty boring right now. Just keeping on.

I've been doing some substitute teaching and fixing my barn ready for goats in the spring. Hope I can get it done for this year but we're in the middle of a snowstorm (again!) In other news we bought some more baby chicks this week, named (by the children) "Owl" "Branch" "Jenny" and "Chicken." Tweet, tweet!

DLB --- congrats again! I think I shall buy some chocolate hobnobs and "toast" your success. I'm British by birth but I've been living in Canada and now the US for eight or nine years. I buy one item from the British food section at the store per week as an (expensive) treat. Marmite last week, but got to be chocolate hobnobs today!

J9 --- I guess I would say "take your time." I know I am feeling impatient to move on to feeling better/ having a transformed life, but I don't think there is anything wrong with keeping things steady and racking up the sober time for now. I'm taking the view that staying in a bubble is a good idea for now until I am a bit more secure in my sobriety.

Anyway enjoy a peaceful Saturday!
Old 04-01-2017, 06:02 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Good morning MMT... thank you for your kind thoughts ... maybe I am expecting too much too soon... story of my life. This is the first time in ages where I have stopped being on the go always numbed by booze and had to really deal with emotions and stuff and honestly, it's been exhausting and uncomfortable. Goats and baby chicks sound wonderful... Good luck with your barn building project... hopefully we will start experiencing a good stretch of warmer spring weather soon!
Old 04-01-2017, 06:13 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Ok... enough of this "pity party" ... I am getting my lazy arse off the couch, club soda and grapefruit in hand, 80s tunes blaring.... look out house... "I'm back"!!!!

Have a great sober day!!!!
Old 04-01-2017, 06:39 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

J9- I did not know that youse 'nadians said arse the right way. You must've lernt it from us srains.
Old 04-01-2017, 07:42 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

lmao Ahhh PhoenixJ....'nadians, stains ... sometimes we're all acting like complete arses at times!!! Just taking a break and listening to Duran Duran.... it's amazing how I remember all the words but ask me what happened last week... well that's a different story
Old 04-01-2017, 11:29 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

J9, I think we all settle in to sobriety at a different pace. That being said, I wasn't one to jump right into new things, I had to force myself to do it. If I hadn't forced myself into it, I probably would have stayed in the place you're in forever! It's hard to tell if you're just settling into sober life, or if you're stuck in a rut. I found going for a walk super early on weekend mornings to be nice. I live in a big city so everything is loud and busy and that gave me some time to just relax and enjoy the peace and quiet. I did a few AA meetings as well and made some sober friends. I still don't love going out or being around people, but I'm glad I made myself do it so I have those options if I want them.